What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss

Please lets keep this on topic gentlemen.

This is about a wooden box, made for grown men to bash balls about, the theme is men dressed up as comic book characters who sing.

Thanks ;)

No crazy crazy nights:eek:

Best KISS song ;) Or only one I can remember....

That song came out in their post make up phase. The bands popularity was on the wane in America by that point

I think it looks great, don't mind the Kiss theme at all, I'm a fan of some of their songs at least. Love the nods to the old Kiss pinball (a great game itself), hopefully the code won't let it down. The soundtrack could be a bit better though, where's "100,000 years"?

Just seen the price tag on Phil's site £7500:eek:. I know it's a different world but I spent less than this on my first 6 pins in total.:confused:

Not sure if this is just a reflection of a weaker pound or also a price hike again from Stern. God help us if there is a hike in VAT again

How does this compare to the prices of other arcade games? Do Ops actually have a chance to make their cash back or can they buy 2 redemption style games for the same cash and take in 4-5 times the amount of money? Do they just rely on making 5k or so and then make their profit from selling the game at the end?

It's scary how quickly we get used to higher prices. I remember when I first saw the price of a NIB Spiderman and wondered who on earth would spend that on a game (think it was about 3k)

Also I see Big hairy melons listed and Kiss, Hobbit etc but no Wrestlemania. Does this mean none actually made it into this country? Will it become the new Waterworld and go for stupid money in the future?

Can't see me ever spending that much on a game, just getting ridiculous... I've sold a few big titles recently, partly resenting just how much money they tie up against other life expenses.

Got to the level where you can compare buying a NIB pinball to a small car and that's just crazy when you think what goes into them.

Last edited:
Don't think it's sustainable longer term but who knows. New pro's are 5k now as well. No more NIB for me. Back to wanting my B/W titles back and some of the better Stern's!

Prices for any items are obviously based on a myriad of factors. But these Sterns are a bit like buying a new car with all the associated depreciation.

In terms of pure value for money, these new sterns do seem very expensive to me. Other than sound (much higher quality on Stern) and high intensity lighting (much brighter on Stern) I don't think that they have taken things much further than wpc era games that are now 20 years old. And the wpc games feel a lot more solid/ robust/ built to last

Kiss might be a great game, but when you can get things like a Shadow, Johny Nmemonic, No Fear and a STTNG, IN AGGREGATE for less than the cost of one Kiss - I would go for the arcade over the pantomime men in black

Indeed, if you look at cars, prices have declined significantly in real terms over the past 20 years. I would guess that the cost of new pinballs in real terms has remained about constant

I really like the look of this pin and would consider myself a kiss fan..

But I think there is another issue with it if you compare it directly to acdc.

Acdc is a pin that basically designed itself. When you think of acdc you think righ.... Giant hells bell, giant cannon, highway to hell, giant inflatable Rosie, rock and roll train etc etc. and the table has some of these features and they were easily adapted into the game and it worked really well and felt natural

With kiss you think right.... Pyrotechnics, blood pouring from gene Simmons mouth, fire breathing, hire wire displays, and 15 minute Peter crisis drum solos. Unless stern started adding gas canisters and refillable packs of chemicals and fake blood and some how negated the health and safety issues then these features are hard to incorporate

Wow imagine small pyrotechnics mid game, that would be amazing!

Pfffft. Make a replica easily for half the price and better code.
i don't understand what this means but would very much like to see that, if you choose to do so. you will need skills in design, computing, electrics and electronics, metalwork etc to pull it off, but go for it dudek. single units for personal use and not for resale don't need a license, right?

£5K seems to be the going rate for any Pro model. Were NIB pins really so much cheaper 3 years ago? Or 5 years ago?

In comparisome black knight was £1000 in 1980 . high speed was £2000 in 1985. Addams was £2700 with data'east undercutting games like lw3 for £2500. Then someone saw $ signs and ST TNG was £3500 and Popeye £4000. Bubble burst and later games drop to around £3000 although as market crashed some games were over stocked and games like jackpot were being cleared at below £500NIB

Thank you Steve: According to the "inflation calculator" I got from www.thismoney.co.uk £1000 in 1980 = £4,527 while £2000 in 1985 = £5,749

Looks like pinball NIB prices haven't changed much?

I just want to quickly clarify the prices guys. The website prices are RETAIL and INCLUDING DELIVERY & SET UP (so thats £180), the price for group members on a drop off and set up yourself will be lower, not a massive amount less but a good few hundred less.

So its still bad, just not as bad as it looks!

Stern hike the price every single time...

Phil

I'd like one of these if they ever finish the code. Layout and art looks great.

Have you still got yours Will ?

Ermmmm nope ... I had a really mad moment and traded it , I have had a few such lunatic moments since but this was a particularly silly one :)
I believe Gregg has it now but I didn't do the deal with Gregg

Back
Top Bottom