What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss

All I know about KISS is when they appeared on WCW Nitro (wrestling tv show) back in 2000 and promptly caused most of the watching audience to switch over to something else!

Introduced as 'The greatest band in the world' :rofl:

Rumour even goes that Gene Simmons demanded WCW use a wrestler by the name of 'The Kiss Demon' who ended up losing pretty much every match:

img3.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130727233355_prowrestling_images_6_67_THE_DEMON.jpg

Lol. Funny, I'd stick KISS fans in the same pot as wrestling fans down to having zero taste.

Back in the 80s kiss was so easy to sell at a premium above other games even classics like xenon and fathom. I'm sure stern can knock out a music pin aimed at fans every year or so alongside more wide appeal themes. Looking forward to playing it even though my favourite kiss songs are missing

Wouldn't worry too much about the songs, I'm sure you can hack your own in.

I can't believe this is really happening.

Stern just don't get it do they? I predict that by this time next year, Stern will have gone out of business.

Can a mod please lock Pete's signature so it cannot be tampered with until after 06/05/2016 :)

Stern just don't get it do they? I predict that by this time next year, Stern will have gone out of business.

/rolleyes

I predict if new manufacturers can keep putting out half decent themes their revenue will for sure go down.

And to add the quality difference compared to JJP for one...

Lets look at Stern's last few releases since Star Trek:

Mustang - total flop, nobody cares about that game.
The Walking Dead - a pin they could have sold 100,000 of but screwed up the license and as confirmed by Stern staff, has been abandoned.
WWE - a total WTF moment. They haven't even been taking around to all the shows. No distributors at Pinfest in the states had it this year.
Whoa Nellie - very limited appeal to collectors
Kiss - who does this outdated remake appeal to apart from a handful of home buyers? Remember Metallica gets very little love.

Flop after flop. Add to this the interest in other pin manufacturers, and the fact Stern are destroying their reputation because they sell unfinished games. Operators don't care about code but home owners do.

It's my personal opinion that Steve Ritchie's next game will be make or break for them.

Well there is a possibility. But AC/DC was a Ritchie game, so naturally amazing. But the theme helped, everyone loves ACDC. Who listens to Kiss?

Pete, here was me thinking your psychic prediction was sarcasm. I have to agree with every point on your list there and add code issues with walking dead. I've walked past Mustang a few times now and not even tried it. Just too many other games that I'd never played that have priority over, including em's.

No way is KISS going to outsell AC/DC! Music, merchandise, pinball etc.... Ever. Unproven fact.

If his game is Game of Thrones, good luck to him. I've not watched one episode and probably never will but that is the right idea sticking with something massively popular and current. Tonnes of content etc that can work for a GOT pin.

Back
Top Bottom