What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kiss

Don't get the strong negative reaction to KISS. Best move Stern have done in a while for a theme. Not my cup of tea at all but it will probably sell **** loads. Far stronger as a theme than most TV shows / movies. As far as claims that Stern will go bust over it. Seriously? Metallica and AC/DC both sold **** loads compared to the other recent releases which is why they were still being cranked out for so long - compare their runs to the other superhero games Stern put out. Kiss might not be relevant to young people but neither is pinball. It's firmly aimed at the older crowd who spend up to £100 to go and see bands live. I suspect Aerosmith would also fit a similar bill.

It the code's good and the toys are fun then I think this will be a winner for them.

For the knockers what theme would be a better seller? Much as I love GOT it's not going to sell as much as Kiss. Non licenced pins are pretty much dead in the water, look at the level of interest in FT compared to Aliens. Star Wars? Might have to give you that one. Muppets? Can't really see that having lots of legs.

Music pins are always going to polarise opinions but Kiss is a pretty safe bet especially Stateside.

How many of the knockers would actually buy any NIB game? At 7k a pop Stern have to give the home market what they want and I suspect Kiss will probably be it.

Mind you if the code is **** from day 1 then it might be a flop out of the gate.

Any one else wondered if the new "coming soon" style video is designed as a spoiler for the competitors?

I think Kiss will be a big seller. Maybe even beat AC/DC.

Just saying.

In an episode of Toy Hunter, he goes into great detail about a big number of Kiss collectors in the States. Pinball is a big toy I know, but appealing to collectors and pinheads may prove fruitful. Don't forget @dave the 'Dad's' you're referring to tend to have more disposable income for big toys.

I'll bet half a Curly Wurly it sells well.

Didn't know KISS existed until I saw this thread - seems to me they're way over the top: too showy, too noisy, too flashy, and much, much too "glam rock", too....

Oh hang on - this is pinball isn't it? They could be perfect for it. I'm guessing it'll sell too.

If Stern get in trouble, all they need do is release a VE Tron.

That will be a sad day if they have to release the dullest of their recent games again , they did it with iron turd lets hope they learn from their mistakes and do not unleash that on the world. We need a VE mick on a stick ;)

Tell you what Ivan I wokld seriously consider buying it, it looks FRICKING great ...... But alas my days of buying NIB are behind me, will wait a few years for this

It does look very nice. Guess we'll see how it turns out then.

Game of Thrones, while not my cup of tea, would be a massive hit. I can see the appeal and I think that IP may be even bigger than The Walking Dead IP or certainly will be soon. It'll be cool and trendy for operators to put in bars and coffee shops, and the next generation home owner (us young'uns) are right into all the GoT stuff at the moment.

That will be a sad day if they have to release the dullest of their recent games again , they did it with iron turd lets hope they learn from their mistakes and do not unleash that on the world. We need a VE mick on a stick ;)

:eek: Minority man !

I think this looks terrific! Have to say as well, I don't get all the Mustang hate - it's a fun game. Would I buy one? No. Would I play it? Definitely - This is pinball, a game, and I get as much enjoyment playing Night Moves or Mustang as I do from playing Attack From Mars. Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I played Mustang and found it quite good. Its funny how the theme influences pinball players rather than the gameplay itself. If I wasn't after a NASCAR I'd probably consider getting one in a year or so when the price has come down a bit.
If you go into a bar or arcade and they have only 1 pinball - and its Kiss , would you not play it just because of the theme? Don't think so...
The artwork on the original Bally was one of the reasons I wanted one, luckily I enjoy the game play as well, I like KISS but wouldn't class myself as a fan. Seeing they have kept the bright artwork I think it will attract players on location.
Stern must have done some research before committing to this theme so I think it'll do well as long as the game plays well. I am pretty sure at least one of the people I know will buy one NIB ( he is a KISS fan though)

It does look very nice. Guess we'll see how it turns out then.

Game of Thrones, while not my cup of tea, would be a massive hit. I can see the appeal and I think that IP may be even bigger than The Walking Dead IP or certainly will be soon. It'll be cool and trendy for operators to put in bars and coffee shops, and the next generation home owner (us young'uns) are right into all the GoT stuff at the moment.
Nothing dates faster though than a TV show. 24 anyone ? [emoji6]

i agree that the playfield looks glorious in technicolour ...... but is there anything to do on it apart from go up the two ramps and back down the two wireforms?

R ramp goes behind Gene's head and feeds back to R flipper.
Centre ramp goes into the backbox a-la-walkingdead and feeds back to L flipper.
Then there's a L orbit and a central scoop, and a strange shot between the legs of the bare chested Slash wannabe with the guitar.
and is Gene's mouth open so fire a ball into, or for a ball to come out of?
so..... what am i missing here?

gif kiss guitarist.gif

and i want a Muppets pin waaaaaay more than i do a Game of Thrones one

I think this looks terrific! Have to say as well, I don't get all the Mustang hate - it's a fun game. Would I buy one? No. Would I play it? Definitely - This is pinball, a game, and I get as much enjoyment playing Night Moves or Mustang as I do from playing Attack From Mars. Just saying!

I suppose you're right. I love them all really, even the ugly ones.

Nothing dates faster though than a TV show. 24 anyone ? [emoji6]

Giligan's Island is still a good one. What about WoZ, that film is like 100 years old or something lol?

So the four drawn faces on the cab and the playfield. Is it actually Ace and Peter Chris or the new replacements wearing their makeup and wigs? I suspect the main two guys will try to avoid paying any fees to the other original members. Will the tracks be the re-recorded ones?

Anyone else remember the rumour about Peter Chris being reduced to staring in catfood adverts in the late 80s to try to bring cash in.

I actually want to play this pin. Anyone know anyone in the UK who is pre-ordering?

Don't forget @dave the 'Dad's' you're referring to tend to have more disposable income for big toys.

@JMP Grandads. Dumb excuse saying older people with more money are mugs.

This made for a good laugh last night and was news yesterday, really couldn't care less now.

Just means for me it'll be a longer time out going to any shows or looking for pins because there's literally nothing decent and new worth going for. It's been a **** & shocking year especially if you add Predator into the equation, fkin jokes.

Back
Top Bottom