What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Toy Story 4

a tragic backstory

😂😂😂😂😂

I'm sorry but that's tickled me.

It's not real. No girl was actually injured during the making of the pixar production or the game. Where does it end? Maybe re-write the role of Scar in the Lion King because he was misunderstood due to being oppressed by Mufasa?

Cut Darth Vader a bit of slack because his missus died during child birth (just for clarity it never really happened. Natalie Portman is alive and well)?

Let's please not get a conscience over a bash toy in a pinball machine based on an imagined character in a cartoon. 😂😂

The good guys are Woody & Buzz, she's one of the villains so becomes a bash toy. Simple. Maybe Lawlor could have included a naughty step or counseling video mode?

Nah. . . . just hit the pop up target with the steel ball.

😂😂😂😂😂

It's not real. No girl was actually injured during the making of the pixar production or the game. Where does it end? Maybe re-write the role of Scar in the Lion King because he was misunderstood due to being oppressed by Mufasa?

Cut Darth Vader a bit of slack because his missus died during child birth (just for clarity it never really happened. Natalie Portman is alive and well)?

Let's please not get a conscience over a bash toy in a pinball machine based on an imagined character in a cartoon. 😂😂

The good guys are Woody & Buzz, she's one of the villains so becomes a bash toy. Simple. Maybe Lawlor could have included a naughty step or counseling video mode?

Nah. . . . just hit the pop up target with the steel ball.
But what about poor Bart and the gunfighters on CC they have mouths to feed too.
However one things for sure I don’t think sparky needs sympathy as he must have been a right bad lad being strapped into an electric chair he gets all he deserves I guess.

My Wonka is a really good game to play, the quality on this machine is amazing, very fun game for all the family. Its going to be a keeper for sure.
If toy story 4 plays just as good and the quality is there in the machine I will be seriously looking to buy one.

😂😂😂😂😂

It’s more me wondering how I’d explain to my curious son why he’s hitting the little girl (toy) in the face with a pinball.

With the zombies, I explain that they’re the bad guys because they eat people’s brains 🧠

Last edited:
Shame really. Due the haters on here and the eye watering price, likely very few will be sold in the UK based on the many comments on this thread.
looks interesting to me personally and I like it more after seeing the featureye, but I can’t afford that sort of money for a pin anymore.

It’s more me wondering how I’d explain to my curious son why he’s hitting the little girl (toy) in the face with a pinball.

"Hit the toy doll with the ball son".

To be honest you're lucky it's not Toy Story 1 or you'd have to explain why Sid has shoved a firework up Buzz's @rse.

And don't even start with Attack From Mars.

"Daddy , why are we trying to evict the refugee Martians from London?".

"Don't overthink it son....it's just a game. Hit the spaceship and send the Aliens home".

"But daddy, Mars is uninhabitable and these are genuine refugees."

"Fine 😡. Complete the Rwandan deportation multiball and repatriate the 4 armed green b@st@rds".

Shame really. Due the haters on here and the eye watering price, likely very few will be sold in the UK based on the many comments on this thread.
looks interesting to me personally and I like it more after seeing the featureye, but I can’t afford that sort of money for a pin anymore.
It's not the haters on here. It's literally the price. It's more than a NIB Stern or a CGC, let alone a good condition vintage B/W pin... you're kinda expecting something pretty special for that price.

So, of course you're going to get people nitpicking the theme, the bash toys, the cake toppers, the mechs, the lighting, etc...

"Hit the toy doll with the ball son".

To be honest you're lucky it's not Toy Story 1 or you'd have to explain why Sid has shoved a firework up Buzz's @rse.

And don't even start with Attack From Mars.

"Daddy , why are we trying to evict the refugee Martians from London?".

"Don't overthink it son....it's just a game. Hit the spaceship and send the Aliens home".

"But daddy, Mars is uninhabitable and these are genuine refugees."

"Fine 😡. Complete the Rwandan deportation multiball and repatriate the 4 armed green b@st@rds".
Not a joke with my son (not the woke bits, but the ENDLESS questions/arguments about the theme/toys on pinball machines) :D

Last edited:
I'd actually really like to have a proper play on Wonka (that just sounds wrong😬) . Charlie and the chocolate factory is one of the best childrens books ever written and the original film was excellent.

In terms of theme, video clips, music & story I really do think it has everything needed to create a fantastic game that would appeal to kids.
I also would like to try this, do you know anywhere that has one. Pinball office perhaps?

I used to work in an ents technical team who were tasked with making sound and light look good for event nights. Everything from theatre to live wrestling, DJ sets & club nights.

These big intelligent light fixtures could do anything... Colours, patterns, pan, tilt, strobe (there's a story there...).

One thing you were taught very early on is that 'colour scrolling' anything is a cheap dirty effect and lowest of the low in lighting design.

It's pure pub disco and it baffles me that we're seeing this milked in a £15,000 "world under glass".

Just because it can, doesn't mean it should.

One thing you were taught very early on is that 'colour scrolling' anything is a cheap dirty effect and lowest of the low in lighting design.

That's awesome. I now have an industry approved term to apply when I'm slagging something off!

Bit rich to call it industry leading as well. Perhaps in terms of how many LEDs were used, yeah, but certainly not in their application.

Agree that it mostly like was enforced by Disney, however the comment prior reduces his credibility🥴
Screenshot_20220616-231631.jpg

It would sell no more if it was TS instead of TS4

The fact is all the CEs are sold.
As some are 'in the wild' then we will have to see what happens.

In a couple of weeks by the look of things we should have one at Tilt.

I predict Toy Story is available - but costs a lot more!

Having Toy Story 4 helps shift plastic toys and other turdish you can glue gun to your game.

Yes and then everyone will be moaning when rare and going for 20k like potc

I would love to own this game at some point even though it’s a stripped down JJP and has some questionable game choices. looks like a fun game, it’s the price that’s the killer for me. I was on the list for a CE but cancelled after seeing the price. Hopefully the price issue gets sorted, then I’ll definitely reconsider buying one. If it doesn’t, then I guess there’s always Sterns next offerings Harry Potter and Back to The Future for anyone looking for another family friendly theme.

I would love to own this game at some point even though it’s a stripped down JJP and has some questionable game choices. looks like a fun game, it’s the price that’s the killer for me. I was on the list for a CE but cancelled after seeing the price. Hopefully the price issue gets sorted, then I’ll definitely reconsider buying one. If it doesn’t, then I guess there’s always Sterns next offerings Harry Potter and Back to The Future for anyone looking for another family friendly theme.
Yeah, that's the thing. It looks fun, but it is seriously stripped down and the unique selling point for JJP pins compared to Stern was that they were stacked with stuff.

This isn't much different in terms of what's on the playfield than a Stern Pro, from what I can see.
Yes and then everyone will be moaning when rare and going for 20k like potc
It's not really anyone's responsibility to spend $12k on a pin they haven't had the opportunity to play so that other people can buy it off them second-hand later :)

Ultimately, JJP should be making as many pins as there is demand for, and selling the pin on the strength of the design and gameplay as people have the opportunity to discover it.

I speak from experience here. I bought a Stern Godzilla due to having played the Pro on public display in Funland/the Electrocoin showroom in central London. Stern didn't need to tell me they were only going to make 5,000 Prems to make me buy - the pin sold itself!

It would sell no more if it was TS instead of TS4

The fact is all the CEs are sold.
Don’t JJP sell through the same way Stern do with their LEs? Stern always say LEs are sold out but with them it just means they sold them at their end through to their distributors in their mandated allotments.

There’s plenty of people on Pinside posting that they’ve had 2 or 3 distributors calling them up asking if they want a CE clearly JJPs distributors are sitting in them.

Back
Top Bottom