What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Toy Story 4

1,000 CE @ $15k + 5,000 LE @ $12k = $75M Retail sales value. Not insignificant revenue. Split that between JJP, Disney and dealers and it's a pretty good haul, if they sell em all.

You know what little kids who are new to pinball do when they play (and by this, exclude children of pinball owning parents trying / forcing them to get them into the hobby).

They see a machine, they often having no idea how to start a game. Once they have managed that (and no doubt the game will now be on the maximum player count) they cannot fathom how to launch a ball. If they get this far then the flippers will be treated like a machine gun until the ball drains. Once the ball has drained they will walk away from the machine with player 2 next up and many balls remaining. Then someone will usually come by and power cycle the machine.

Go to any public show with pinball machines there that has been run and you will see this all day long.
OMG! You are so right! If a kid that never seen or played a pin is in The Pinball Office, after not even 20 minutes, all the machines are left on player 2 or 3 (clearly all 4 players turned on). So I have to do tens of restarts. Loool. And the machine gun… oh! Those machine guns! One after the other…

Just think how many Pampas grasses you could buy with that kind of money.

You only need one bush mate (obviously I'm talking about the shrubbery because a solitary bush at the event itself would be insufficient).

the first 20 seconds of Cary Hardys video on Toy story absolutely nails it for me !

Cary is usually pretty funny with his videos, his stern skits often make me chuckle and he’s on the money with this one.

Will certainly shoot nice but when it comes to theme it’s a complete miss.

Cary is usually pretty funny with his videos, his stern skits often make me chuckle and he’s on the money with this one.

Will certainly shoot nice but when it comes to theme it’s a complete miss.
Wouldn’t you think someone in jjp would of said toy story 4 ? Sounds a bit ****e that as was out 3 year ago let’s just go we toy story we can’t miss we that … absolutely nuts

I will wait to play in Tilt in a couple of weeks.

If I like it. I will play again.

If I dont. I will carry on with fixing games.

Play it.

You may like it. You may not.

Do not dismiss it until you do.
If JJP were selling this pin on the Stern model (i.e. do a few runs for a few years), I would be 100% behind you. Try it, see if you like it, buy it in your own time (if you have the money).

Trouble is, there isn’t anything but limited edition models. The whole sales model for this pin is based on FOMO…

If JJP were selling this pin on the Stern model (i.e. do a few runs for a few years), I would be 100% behind you. Try it, see if you like it, buy it in your own time (if you have the money).

Trouble is, there isn’t anything but limited edition models. The whole sales model for this pin is based on FOMO…
It's 5000 LE's they won't sell out immediately

Indeed - One Pinfest (Or may have been back when when it was the UKPP) I watched a few people (not just kids to be fair) start 4 player games, get confused and play multiple players without realising what was going on.
we had someone do that at a league meet on Sunday 😂

Wouldn’t you think someone in jjp would of said toy story 4 ? Sounds a bit ****e that as was out 3 year ago let’s just go we toy story we can’t miss we that … absolutely nuts
I already thought that myself.

The original plan was to release with the movie but JJP couldn’t make the deadline so it was switched around with GnR.

The minute they knew they where going to blow past the movies release they should have renegotiated for the entire franchise and put all the characters in there.

Would it have cost more? Sure but they could easily cover that,
all they had to do was add another tier create the SCE (signature collectors edition) limit it to 200 or less, foil decals, foil inner art blades, more lights maybe a signature or two and charge 25k would have sold them instantly!

I already thought that myself.

The original plan was to release with the movie but JJP couldn’t make the deadline so it was switched around with GnR.

The minute they knew they where going to blow past the movies release they should have renegotiated for the entire franchise and put all the characters in there.

Would it have cost more? Sure but they could easily cover that,
all they had to do was add another tier create the SCE (signature collectors edition) limit it to 200 or less, foil decals, foil inner art blades, more lights maybe a signature or two and charge 25k would have sold them instantly!
They couldn’t even have Tim Allen and Annie Potts sign the apron cards instead we get pat lawlor and jack ! The paint job should of been buzz light year green ! So many fails it’s actually untrue

I’ve watched this particular film with my kids- I can see how the modes and assets would flesh out the rule set drawing from one movie rather than four where there’d be no real story integration or progression to a wizard mode. It would also be a bit jarring using the first movie’s assets- sadly they’re showing their age. I think they’ve done a good job integrating key elements of the film with the jump ramp, rescue Forky and carnival mini games; It’s clearly designed to be approachable and inoffensive but maybe it’s fallen between two stools? If I ever see one, I’ll definitely be trying it out and making my own mind up.

^^^ looks like there’s something about this pin that makes you do fist pumps.
It’s clever that the mini pin initiates lighting effects on the PF.

Last edited:
I’ve found a standard version after all.

£10 deposit and another £10 on delivery. Real value for your money right there. And definitely made for kids. Real kids! Not 40 years old ones…

I quite like the powder coating on that one actually. 'Skoda Periwinkle Blue' is one of my favourite colours and I appreciate the way they've incorporated the plunger into the apron.

A little disappointed it doesn't have a potato shaped toy inside and that they've removed the upper flipper but I think that will play lovely with a set of Titans on.

I quite like the powder coating on that one actually. 'Skoda Periwinkle Blue' is one of my favourite colours and I appreciate the way they've incorporated the plunger into the apron.

A little disappointed it doesn't have a potato shaped toy inside and that they've removed the upper flipper but I think that will play lovely with a set of Titans on.
It looks promising I must admit. If the game play won’t be amazing I can always flog it here for £20. I’m sure that this would be the first “affordable” pin listed on this forum.
The only issue is that I will have to donate £10 for the sale… I will take a 50% loss but at least I’ve tried it…

the first 20 seconds of Cary Hardys video on Toy story absolutely nails it for me !

Before watching this I was starting to feel people were being a little tough on the game but his point about all the previous bad guys that could have been used (especially the vent dolls popping up like Hobbit trolls!) and the fact that the retail value of these is $75 million 😱 made me think again!

Before watching this I was starting to feel people were being a little tough on the game but his point about all the previous bad guys that could have been used (especially the vent dolls popping up like Hobbit trolls!) and the fact that the retail value of these is $75 million 😱 made me think again!
Yes to deliver this as a pinball 4 year in the making with such little thought and to increase the price is poor

It reminds me so much of Wonka, Pat Lawlor, the music and the bling. I enjoyed Wonka, I'd suggest saving your pennies and picking up a Wonka. If it's your bag then go for a Toy Story, if it isn't then troll away like the Wonka haters do and you've also saved a fortune.

I’ve gotta say that I agree with Cary - what possessed them to have a pin where you need to hit a little girl (doll) with a tragic backstory repeatedly in the face?

It’s like making an Encanto pin and having Abuela Alma as a bash toy!!!!

It reminds me so much of Wonka, Pat Lawlor, the music and the bling. I enjoyed Wonka, I'd suggest saving your pennies and picking up a Wonka. If it's your bag then go for a Toy Story, if it isn't then troll away like the Wonka haters do and you've also saved a fortune.

I'd actually really like to have a proper play on Wonka (that just sounds wrong😬) . Charlie and the chocolate factory is one of the best childrens books ever written and the original film was excellent.

In terms of theme, video clips, music & story I really do think it has everything needed to create a fantastic game that would appeal to kids.

Back
Top Bottom