What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Toy Story 4

I doubt many adults would buy a 10k pin about monster trucks and dinosaurs fighting.

Although I suppose that isn't too far from Godzilla
and JP and JP2 LOL
I remember this at Blackpool Play Expo and it caused me soooo much pain. Rows of machines idling with four players on 😆

on GoT and modern sterns now hold the left flipper and start button. And at shows on modern sterns set to 1p games only!

other than the Mylar they wrapped the drum sticks off started to unpeel…

I was just being silly Neil, not a serious observation.

For clarity I don't really think Michelangelo should be resurrected to work on the JJP production line and I honestly don't expect Tom Hanks to be underneath the PF.

On second thoughts though . . . . are you sure that wasn't just clingfilm on the drumsticks?

For clarity I don't really think Michelangelo should be resurrected to work on the JJP production line and I honestly don't expect Tom Hanks to be underneath the PF.

On second thoughts though . . . . are you sure that wasn't just clingfilm on the drumsticks?

might have been on the SE!

So when GnR was announced, plenty of folk here were only too happy to confirm their order for a CE or an LE.

This one is the opposite - tumbleweed - nada . This one’s going to be a dirty little secret maybe?

Everyone losing their mind over ts4
Wait til stern announce the bond pin, and it’s actually - the world is not enough ! 😜

What they're actually going to do is get a job lot of blingy spray from Halfords and call it Goldenply - thus justifying a 20% cost increase

Of course Tom Hanks won't be underneath the playfield, that's ridiculous...it will be his brother Jim.

So when GnR was announced, plenty of folk here were only too happy to confirm their order for a CE or an LE.

This one is the opposite - tumbleweed - nada . This one’s going to be a dirty little secret maybe?
The high price of Pinball has to register with people at some point. Each person has their own limit and this may have been surpassed with this release combined with being underwhelmed with what they have seen so far. Outside of the price I like the look it, looks fun and I couldn't care less it is TS4 rather than the first 3 or where they got their plastic toys from.

I don't overly care about much of this stuff mate, I just like playing pinball and having a laugh. . . . . . today I'm mostly taking the p1$$.
Well, we're kinda in the theoretical target audience for this one 😬

If JJP had genuinely made a NIB pin based on a Disney Pixar movie that was designed specifically for kids, but a fun easy play for adults, which was available on a non-silly production schedule, was absolutely stacked with stuff to justify the insane cost, and was known to play REALLY REALLY well (better than Monster Bash), then I might have considered getting one next year. We have two young kids and most of the people who come over to play pinball (rather than to visit or play board games) are... drum roll... young kids unfamiliar with pins. All our current pins are also rock hard - so, it would be nice to mix things up with something easy.

Trouble is:
  • It's unclear what you're getting extra for the ludicrously-expensive $12/15k that you don't get on our GZ Prem or, for that matter, GZ (Pro), MB, CCr, MMr or even CFTBL;
  • It wasn't in fact designed for kids;
  • Both pins are limited edition meaning you have to order without playing to get one;
  • The advert made me puke - not realistic to a family who plays pins 🤮
  • JJP don't have a great rep for playfield quality;
  • It's stupidly expensive;
  • Did I mention, it's stupidly expensive.
So.... I've been wondering who the target audience ACTUALLY is. Middle-aged super-rich American dudes with FOMO, I assume.

Noones going to design a proper pinball machine for kids, it wouldn't make money.
Best for them is the sacred Tomy Astroshooter
😉

So.... I've been wondering who the target audience ACTUALLY is. Middle-aged super-rich American dudes with FOMO, I assume.
Well according to jjp
It’s mid 30s Caucasian men, with 10 year old daughters, who would rather shoot a duke kaboom ramp, than watch make up tutorial, or billie eilish videos on tik tok !

Hazard a guess the demographic for Toy Story is older basement dwelling nerd virgins still living with wealthy parents…. Lol
My Xmas in mid 70s was some overripe tangerines with loads of seeds.
Sorry…we also shared an action man minus a head + a second hand Tonka truck..
You were considered spoilt it you got a genuine Tonka toys around our neck of the woods 🤣

So I showed my son and daughter who both voluntarily play pinball, mostly Mando and Deadpool, because they love the moving grogu and Deadpool bobble head bouncing around.

Son asked where buzz, woody and Rex are while my daughter who is a little older instantly spotted the iPad but thought it was silly being under the glass :D

The misses just said compared to Mando and DP the art is abit sh*t but didn’t say much else but then again she’s not a pinball fan and only plays when the kids force her to join in.

So I’m still not sure who Pat & co designed this for as kids are attracted by big obvious items, they don’t have to be the most technically advance my kids friends think the bobble head on DP is amazing, there’s nothing obvious on toy story to catch the kids attention, proper head scratcher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom