What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP Toy Story 4

Don’t JJP sell through the same way Stern do with their LEs? Stern always say LEs are sold out but with them it just means they sold them at their end through to their distributors in their mandated allotments.

There’s plenty of people on Pinside posting that they’ve had 2 or 3 distributors calling them up asking if they want a CE clearly JJPs distributors are sitting in them.
But we are not in america!
Very few have been alocated to the UK.
Most the CEs are in the USA and very few shared around Europe.

🤣🤣

Attachments

• FEF7B9AC-9043-47AE-9770-014933BA3394.png
    FEF7B9AC-9043-47AE-9770-014933BA3394.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 83A7CB57-0141-492A-93B5-58B7E02A2029.png
    83A7CB57-0141-492A-93B5-58B7E02A2029.png
    105 KB · Views: 77
But we are not in america!
Very few have been alocated to the UK.
Most the CEs are in the USA and very few shared around Europe.
Thought you where talking in general to the title itself not U.K. specific, that goes without saying we get a tiny portion of games out of the overall numbers.

But as a game there’s no doubt it would have sold a tonne more if it was TS based (1 or 1-3) you don’t have to look far too see that.

Obviously here titles are more limited and sell out fairly quickly, so CEs might be sold out in the U.K. but they are not sold out like JJP would like you to believe!

Last edited:
Karl (iepinball) streamed some Toy Story last night. I haven't watched it yet but should be a good look at the game play and he's usually honest about what he thinks about games too, even if he's bought them and then thinks they're crap

This has to be one of the funniest pinball videos I’ve watched. It’s the combination of the kiddie theme and the copious cursing! 😈

The loops at the beginning are... interesting, let’s say.

It shows the wizard mode (or, at least, the first half).

Reactions: Jib
This has to be one of the funniest pinball videos I’ve watched. It’s the combination of the kiddie theme and the copious cursing! 😈

The loops at the beginning are... interesting, let’s say.

It shows the wizard mode (or, at least, the first half).
Always need a player cam on Walt, he's entertaining to watch!

To listen to Zach meny and flip and out you’d almost be tempted to buy I think they are on jjps pay roll top shillers !

To listen to Zach meny and flip and out you’d almost be tempted to buy I think they are on jjps pay roll top shillers !
I struggle with Zach's opinion on anything since he bought Flipnout. Massive conflict of interest if he's to slag off stuff he's trying to sell so I don't believe a word he says now except for the news. Miss the old multi podcast days when everyone had an opinion rather than TPN or pay for Kaneda

I struggle with Zach's opinion on anything since he bought Flipnout. Massive conflict of interest if he's to slag off stuff he's trying to sell so I don't believe a word he says now except for the news. Miss the old multi podcast days when everyone had an opinion rather than TPN or pay for Kaneda
well thats true kaneda can go the other way he can get on my t*ts now and again

JJP are not designing games to compete with stern or anyone else. They are designing games to be bought by a certain type of buyer at the top of the domestic market. It is what it is, an expensive toy aimed at the premium home buyer. Its not aimed at the pro pinball player or really the coin op market. Have they sold a ton of Wonka? GNR and now Toy story? yes, thats all that matters to them. Their strategy is different to others. Godzilla on the other hand is a game designed by a team who have not only proven sales but is also led by a former world champ, so it's gonna be a players game.

JJP are not designing games to compete with stern or anyone else. They are designing games to be bought by a certain type of buyer at the top of the domestic market. It is what it is, an expensive toy aimed at the premium home buyer. Its not aimed at the pro pinball player or really the coin op market. Have they sold a ton of Wonka? GNR and now Toy story? yes, thats all that matters to them. Their strategy is different to others. Godzilla on the other hand is a game designed by a team who have not only proven sales but is also led by a former world champ, so it's gonna be a players game.

That's actually not a bad shout.

One is a collectors toy with an expensive licence and the other is a players machine.

I don't know enough to confirm whether it's true but it seems to make sense.

JJP are not designing games to compete with stern or anyone else. They are designing games to be bought by a certain type of buyer at the top of the domestic market. It is what it is, an expensive toy aimed at the premium home buyer.

That's what's called a 'whale-based' business model (https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whaling).

It also exists in board gaming...

Its not aimed at the pro pinball player or really the coin op market. Have they sold a ton of Wonka? GNR and now Toy story? yes, thats all that matters to them. Their strategy is different to others.
That's actually not a bad shout.

One is a collectors toy with an expensive licence and the other is a players machine.

I don't know enough to confirm whether it's true but it seems to make sense.

Yeah, I've got to admit to being perplexed by JJP's G n'R to the point where I hated it - possibly for that reason (?). I played it as a 'walk-up' at The Pinball Office and was immediately greeted by a very uninformative apron card (Collect All Band Members... yep, but how?).

I went almost immediately into multi ball and did what you do with an unfamiliar pin in multi ball. I cradled a couple of balls and looked at the inserts to see where to shoot. And, literally, everything was flashing multiple colours. And I was like "f**k that. What the actual f**k is wrong with this pinball machine? The f******g inserts are f****g useless" So, I shot the ball(s) around for a bit hoping to start/score something - and, after the game, I walked off, cursing the pinball machine.

Reading about the pin afterwards, it's obvious this pin simply isn't designed for 'walk-up' play or the mentality of someone who has played (albeit badly) in league. It's supposed to be a concert, played at home, and to give people a good time even if they just spray balls around wildly 🤷‍♂️

In contrast, I really liked Dialed In... So, it's not all JJP pins.

JJP only care about location pinball. Honestly if you talk to Jack that's all he goes on about. They have not sold a ton of Wonka. GNR is the only title other than Woz that has made them any money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching Karl last night he finished the game on his second game of it 😂😅🤣but he had flipper issues thatwas caused by JJP forgetting to put a coil sleeves in 😂🤣 10K+ for that quality high end game!

JJP only care about location pinball. They have not sold a ton of Wonka. GNR is the only title other than Woz that haa made them any
JJP only care about location pinball. They have not sold a ton of Wonka. GNR is the only title other than Woz that haa made them any money.
The point is that if they cared so much about coin op or the hardcore players, why are they designing and putting out mediocre top of the market games? Those factors seem to point towards a rather blase attitude to quality and gameplay and more towards selling to the inexperienced man who wants a game for his family to play, who doesn’t necessarily care about how the game plays, but just wants some eye candy to show his mates.

Watched Karl's stream. The flipper issues are unforgivable considering the price. You can put as many blingy bits/mechs/screens on a game, if the flippers feel like mush or worse fail completely, it's completely unforgivable. This is far worse than chipping playfields in my eyes.

As for the game, I think people who like CC or MB or that level of depth in a game, I think will enjoy it (as long as the flippers work).

Personally, it's not a Toy Story game. It feels to me like Pat was designing a Carnival based game, the Toy Story 4 license came up and someone (probably from marketing) said 'hold on, TS4, that's got a scene with a carnival in it, let's combine the 2!' I mean TS4 really isn't about a carnival, at all, it's just a location of part of the film. This whole game is about a carnival, not TS4, it's just got the TS4 characters in it. I don't have a problem with a carnival based pin, infact I think it's a cool idea. But it's meant to be TS4 and it's not really is it. Theme really isn't important to me, but I do quite like Toy Story, so was quite excited to see what they did.

Ah well, it still looks fun to me (as long as the flippers work) and I would definitely love to spend a few hours on it at Tilt

ok I played it!

here is my review that someone else wrote but I 100% agree with!

It's £12K for JJP's equivalent of "Munsters"

great shots, flat game play, theme totally disconnected from the game. I'd say Its worse than Wonka.

It's a million miles away from any sort of amazing classic of all time.

Neil.

ok I played it!

great shots, flat game play, theme totally disconnected from the game. I'd say Its worse than Wonka.

Neil.
Where you play it neil

ok I played it!

Neil.

I'm not saying don't buy it btw, but its a game that's very close to the start button in terms of depth and I'm not a big TS fan so some of you guys that love the 90's BW games will probably like this a lot.

I'm not saying don't buy it btw, but its a game that's very close to the start button in terms of depth and I'm not a big TS fan so some of you guys that love the 90's BW games will probably like this a lot.
It’s 90% about value for money - for me, anyway.

I love 90s B/W era games, have young kids, and am looking for an easier pin to complement our Flash Gordon…

I just can’t see what I’d be getting for £12.6k unless the gameplay is Keith-Elwin-on-amphetamines good. I could get a good B/W-era pin AND a second-hand Dialled In for the same price (give or take a couple of grand).

That said, I’m interested to play on location if I can find an excuse to go to Tilt.

Last edited:
ok I played it!

Neil.
Is it worth 2 stern pro’s Neil?

Back
Top Bottom