What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FunHouse received today

To save anyone else from reading this bull**** I’ll paraphrase:

‘For the avoidance of any doubt, I gave you dodgy pics and used the fact that this is a forum of decent people very much unlike myself to my advantage.

Yes, I lied to you about it’s condition, too bad you didn’t take it upon yourself to prove me wrong before paying me at least twice what it is worth - although to be fair I did initially want to screw some poor bastard out of even more.

It’s entirely your fault because I just happen to be a dishonest prick, and it was really down to you to make sure I’m not.

I’ve now been caught out and publicly shamed so I’m going to double down and claim this is nonsense despite the obvious sentiment to the contrary.

I’ve saved your messages, but I’m not exactly sure why. Give me a few months and I may be able to work that one out.

To further this pathetic charade I called my insurers and fed the unfortunate person who answered my call some bs they didn’t understand, and they said whatever they could to get me off the line. They then laughed about the sad bastard they just had to speak to with their colleagues.

I hope you don’t try to come after me legally, because I’m really not sure where I stand.

Sincerely,

@Rossco (aka a massive cockwomble)’

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offering to buy the fg from him is such a good idea, and also a get out of jail free card so to speak for the seller, why wouldn’t this deal be accepted especially if in his opinion the fh is in “v good condition”
Nice one Adam

The trouble with this is that it assumes the seller wants a get out of jail free card mate.

This is not someone who wants to be part of the community or to even be liked judging by the composition of his reply. He's got in, made some money and I doubt he'll be around much in the future.

In actual fact it's been a very successful venture for him.

Last edited:
For the avoidance of any doubt again

I have spoken to my solicitors Brett Wilson who deal with defamation of character and libel I would suggest you all wind your necks in

Some of you may not be aware of what is known as Norwich Pharmacal Orders or the law around libel but I suggest you be careful on what you post I will have no hesitation in defending my legal position and my character

I sold that machine in good faith it’s a 1991 used machine 30 yrs old

The legal responsibility is on the buyer to look for cosmetic defects again the law is unambiguous on this

The machine was fully working and I spent a lot of money with Bob getting the machine to work it included replacement of all leds remote battery to mpu plus led score display and more recently Rudy mechanics plus I changed all the rubbers

If Adam was in any doubt he could of inspected the machine before buying I sent him pictures and a video and told him clearly it was a used machine and in my view in good condition

It had been looked after by me and was clean ( not stored in some old shed )

It was a private sale between two individuals

The law is very clear on this point as well and law of misrepresentation the machine was as described it was a funhouse pinball machine not any other machine

Adam was aware I was buying a new machine and needed the money for my new purchase

I have been informed by my solicitors I am not to enter into any more dialogue as to not predijuce my position

so I can send an email to them now and they will know who you are?

in the same way you can claim defamation (and I’ve been in the Royal courts of Justice on this topic a few times) because someone makes a false claim about you. So when you come to sell something and make false claims about it’s condition the same situation applies! Who Would Have Thought!

I doubt any barrister is going to advise you of success to take defamation on given the fact nobody here hasn’t posted anything that isn’t true.

But the classic legal cluelessness here (I’m guessing someone googled something (which by the way _is_ discoverable) is the use of a legal instrument that would never have a bearing on a defamation case itself. it could be used if a case was brought and found that there was a person defamed But it also assumes that the engagement of those third parties would lead to someone identifiable - highly unlikely.

The other questionable Item is the belief that it’s the buyers responsibility, it absolutely is not the case especially when it appears the only way to check the game was via the information the seller provided - it would be the same as if you had a polished brand new look Ford capri but then delivered a clapped out jalopy and claim buyers responsibility!

But please keep posting your legal tidbits - we are having a right laugh at them!

some free advice - your reputation is in the toilet - nobody is going to deal with you again, but It’s NOT TOO LATE for you to come out as the hero of the forum and have everyone want to be your best buddy just by putting this right!

Been keeping an eye on this thread, seems everyone is in agreement that it was mis sold. Regardless if someone should view a pin in person or study photos, saying it's a very nice example when it blatantly isn't is obvious to everyone.
The seller must have known this or surely he'd be more likely to offer a refund and have it back?

I assume his full name is in this thread somewhere so in future if i see him trying to sell or buy anywhere else (the Facebook groups for example), I and others know to steer clear?

What I've noticed in the last 3 years is that this hobby is very niche and has a tight knit community, so if you cause controversy people remember and word travels.
I'm surprised the seller isn't aware of this and hasn't tried to make things right, afterall unless he intends the FG to be his last pinball purchase from the community he's going to struggle in future.

I have spoken to my solicitors Brett Wilson who deal with defamation of character and libel I would suggest you all wind your necks in

Some of you may not be aware of what is known as Norwich Pharmacal Orders or the law around libel but I suggest you be careful on what you post I will have no hesitation in defending my legal position and my character

The legal responsibility is on the buyer to look for cosmetic defects again the law is unambiguous on this

The machine was fully working and I spent a lot of money with Bob getting the machine to work it included replacement of all leds remote battery to mpu plus led score display and more recently Rudy mechanics plus I changed all the rubbers

If Adam was in any doubt he could of inspected the machine before buying I sent him pictures and a video and told him clearly it was a used machine and in my view in good condition

The law is very clear on this point as well and law of misrepresentation the machine was as described it was a funhouse pinball machine not any other machine

Adam was aware I was buying a new machine and needed the money for my new purchase

I have been informed by my solicitors I am not to enter into any more dialogue as to not predijuce my position
Do the right thing and give the guy a refund or a deal on your new machine, this is not the place to upset people, we are a big happy family here, if you wasn't sure about the machine stick it on Ebay and pay the fees

so I can send an email to them now and they will know who you are?

in the same way you can claim defamation (and I’ve been in the Royal courts of Justice on this topic a few times) because someone makes a false claim about you. So when you come to sell something and make false claims about it’s condition the same situation applies! Who Would Have Thought!

I doubt any barrister is going to advise you of success to take defamation on given the fact nobody here hasn’t posted anything that isn’t true.

But the classic legal cluelessness here (I’m guessing someone googled something (which by the way _is_ discoverable) is the use of a legal instrument that would never have a bearing on a defamation case itself. it could be used if a case was brought and found that there was a person defamed But it also assumes that the engagement of those third parties would lead to someone identifiable - highly unlikely.

The other questionable Item is the belief that it’s the buyers responsibility, it absolutely is not the case especially when it appears the only way to check the game was via the information the seller provided - it would be the same as if you had a polished brand new look Ford capri but then delivered a clapped out jalopy and claim buyers responsibility!

But please keep posting your legal tidbits - we are having a right laugh at them!

some free advice - your reputation is in the toilet - nobody is going to deal with you again, but It’s NOT TOO LATE for you to come out as the hero of the forum and have everyone want to be your best buddy just by putting this right!

Something tells me by his actions and responses that this is not the first time @Rossco has ripped someone off and has probably done it a good few times in other walks of life. His answers to me and ridiculous and amusing threats of legal action are probably a copy and paste he uses repeatedly for when buyers take umbrage with the garbage he has supplied them with.

OMG can this dude become any more of a tosser??? Threatening people on a uk pinball forum after he's ripped someone off. Literally seen it all now.

Last edited:
So sorry @Ads Nems that this has happened.
I’ve thrown better playfields than that out.
I can only hope that you get some sort of resolution.
If it was me I would put it on my van and dump it outside his front door.
All the late 80’s and 90’s machines that are regularly sold on here, even when described as players condition are a million miles better than this.
Even someone that doesn’t know pinbal ie a judge would know the playfield is a wreck !
Fingers crossed for you

I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about, and if so, I also had a bad experience buying a machine from him. The only bad experience I've ever had in thirty odd purchases.
My only bad experience was also with this person, I was pretty new to the hobby, I soon learnt how to fix all the faults.
He did not even fit English Roms and it was all in Italian !

Bob from @pinballtoys has previously been round to @Rossco’s place to work on this machine. Does anyone on the forum know Bob well enough to drop him a line and see if he would be kind enough to get in touch with @Rossco to explain to him how shocking the condition of the playfield and try talking a bit of sense to him to do the right thing?

I don’t want to drag Bob into this but he’s the only lead I know who knows Rossco and as a forum member and professional restorer of machines I would hope would agree of how shocking condition this machine was and to to therefore do the right thing of agreeing to provide a full refund.

Makes you wonder whether this rossco guy is related to the infamous Mr Backhouse and uncle Andrew has been giving him lessons on selling techniques and how to deal with unsatisfied customers.

Some of you may not be aware of what is known as Norwich Pharmacal Orders
Correct. I had no idea what a Norwich Pharmacal Order is.

Apparently its "an order which compels an innocent third party to provide information about another party who may have been mixed up in “wrongdoing”. Not sure why that would be relevant here though!!??

Ads, I am sorry that you have ended up with this wreck which does not look like it is as it was described to you.

You know I thought the same when the legal threat came out.

After the 2.0 announcement its the new gold. Had lots of cold calls about mine this week which makes a change from the usual suspect: MM . Shame l can't kill the conversation with "only game we are selling at moment is Class 1812" anymore

Bob from @pinballtoys has previously been round to @Rossco’s place to work on this machine. Does anyone on the forum know Bob well enough to drop him a line and see if he would be kind enough to get in touch with @Rossco to explain to him how shocking the condition of the playfield and try talking a bit of sense to him to do the right thing?

I don’t want to drag Bob into this but he’s the only lead I know who knows Rossco and as a forum member and professional restorer of machines I would hope would agree of how shocking condition this machine was and to to therefore do the right thing of agreeing to provide a full refund.
Hello Adam
i don't really won't to get deeply involved in this but this was my last message to Nigel which I sent around 8am this morning
I'm sorry this has happened to you and if you ever need help on-site or with parts please let me know and we can sort something out.
Need less to say I think he's going to struggle to get his FG repaired or sold in the future.
Cheers Bob

Hello Nigel

Don't involve me further in this sales dispute!

This is between you and the buyer.

I have done repairs consisting of fitting remote battery to mpu board, fitting LED score display and the recent Rudy mechanism and ribbon cable replacement. I have never touched the playfield in a cosmetic way eg painted or applied mylar etc.

To be honest I think you valuation is double what its worth and your description of very nice condition is deceptive.

I wasn't aware of the price & sales description when you phoned and only learned of these since when reading the forum threads you kindly involved me in.

I appreciate this valuation may be due to you yourself having paid too much initially and your description being based on the lack of awareness of other games to benchmark it against.

That said I am amazed that some body would pay over £3000 despite having seen photos and without asking questions or viewing in person.

I know this is pleasant reading for you but it's my viewpoint and honesty that important for you to hopefully resolve with the buyer.

I sincerely hope you can sort this out with the buyer and trust this concludes my involvement in this sales dispute.

Regards Bob

That looks rough as hell. You have been well and truly shafted on this one. What an absolute tosspot.

I'm sure they rushed to open the office for you on a Saturday. They must be very excited about this matter.

A Norwich Phrmacal order has nothing to do with this.

Utter twaddle.

Give the man his money back and stop making yourself look so silly.

Oh and do enjoy your household insurance legal cover.

A claim issued online would just be an unnecessary annoyance for you and you may well lose. Not exactly accurate representations, eh? Misrepresentations? A judge could easily conclude so.

Do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom