What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foo Fighters Announced

Obviously music is subjective but does seem ridiculous that the generally recognised greatest bands of all time seem to get the most basic lacklustre pins, obviously macca isn’t going to be as interested in the design of a pin as maybe ff but they didn’t pay the Beatles the tribute they deserved with that effort!

Obviously music is subjective but does seem ridiculous that the generally recognised greatest bands of all time seem to get the most basic lacklustre pins, obviously macca isn’t going to be as interested in the design of a pin as maybe ff but they didn’t pay the Beatles the tribute they deserved with that effort!
Its all down to licensing. Some bands won’t give the designers anything to work with, maybe because the bands themselves don’t get involved, it’s done through agents. Some other bands, GNR and in this case Foo fighters, have been very much involved in the design of the game and want to give as much input as they can. Humour in this case goes a long way and takes it from a music pin to an alien battle pin which gives it much more appeal even if you don’t like the music.

Beatles is a great game!

but as you say, if you have a band that is into pinball the outcome is great. Metallica is the most played game at Pinball Republic vs Led Zeppelin which is one of the lowest played games.

Well god damn, i love the look of this game!!

Excellent art, great animations, great songs, great flowing layout. Looks awesome

Love the reference to fish tales on one of the animations to with the guy in the boat on the lake. Also is it just me or does the alien guy look exactly like Zed from RAZA??. Ha ha ha

Just wish these weren't so damn expensive. Premium with the extra playfield and full toy look the best. Stuff gonna have to get sold!! lol

Beatles is a great game!

but as you say, if you have a band that is into pinball the outcome is great. Metallica is the most played game at Pinball Republic vs Led Zeppelin which is one of the lowest played games.
Would you consider LZ being the least desirable of the LCD era Sterns ? Oddly, the only one I've not played aside from JB. What do you think they are valued at currently?

hell, no there is Munsters and Star Wars.

I love LZ so I value it highly but I like flow combo games so it suits me.

Neil.

Thought I’d wait to play in person before deciding on this but the 2 streams have convinced me.

Gameplay looks great, code is quite far along, animations are amazing and ZY is my favourite artist. I’m in for a pro, looking forward to it!

Ok who's in on a Foo Fighters?

I must admit it's got my attention and I think Jack is sound.

Phil said all the effing LEs are gone.. So who got them?

Every time I enquire about an LE they're all gone before general sale.

I think the only recent exception to that was LZ and one Bond LE did appear on pinball.co.uk as well

I think the only recent exception to that was LZ and one Bond LE did appear on pinball.co.uk as well

Foo Fighters LE was available during the general sale in all fairness, I was able to get one from pinball.co.uk website.

Looked really cool, with probably the best animations I have seen on a pinball machine, it was so crisp. It looks like a very fast and flowing game. Outlines look brutal though.

I just wished I liked the music more, as in my opinion, you need to at least like (love) the music to warrant owning one. Look forward to playing one though.
Kind of how I feel - animations look fantastic.

Game play looks really good too👍🏻

They were on the website on the night of the announcement. They were also £16k!

Is there a link to the live stream that was as I missed it?
Cheers

I'm the exact opposite :) , as long as I don't hate a theme it's all about the layout and gameplay.
Theme means almost nothing to me, if it play great the game is great. Theming can only be a downgrade in my opinion. Great play and an annoying theme I might play but will likely not buy ever. great theme and bad play I won't even bother to play. Licences just bore me and are usually old and stale. This game looks fun but the theme license is lame, I'd take this gameplay with a generic rockband as the main character so that you are the hero, use either random real rock songs, not tied to one band, or generic rock riffs. Heck you could even use different music styles for different modes. It seems you are battling aliens, so each mode could use a different genre of music in order to figure out what will beat back the aliens.

Last edited:
Theme license is lame? Foo Fighters are my favourite rock band and I've seen them live maybe 10 times.
Your lame is someone elses awesome my friend.
I'll stick with lame, mostly due to being old, yes they still play big shows, but their prime was long ago. I'm a huge Van Halen fan. And I'll say right now, in spite my fandom, that if they ever make a VH pin, it's going to be a lame licensed theme. Music license themes are the worst in general. I prefer letting design teams just make great games, not having to get license approvals. Movie themes are almost as bad. Movie themes based on 30 year old, or 70 year old (looking at you WOZ) movie are stale and terrible.

The game looks great - and whilst it isn’t a theme I thought I’d want, I like the band enough - but I’m a bit torn on this one.

What I’d like is the Pro + the deadpost + the ability to add expression lighting. I actively don’t want the upper playfield and don’t really care about the other extras on the Prem. But to get the two features that I do want, I have to pay the Prem price and get the feature I don’t want. It’s frustrating.

First world problems I know. I’m leaning towards a Pro as it’s not a theme I’m crazy about. But then again, that deadpost…

The game looks great - and whilst it isn’t a theme I thought I’d want, I like the band enough - but I’m a bit torn on this one.

What I’d like is the Pro + the deadpost + the ability to add expression lighting. I actively don’t want the upper playfield and don’t really care about the other extras on the Prem. But to get the two features that I do want, I have to pay the Prem price and get the feature I don’t want. It’s frustrating.

First world problems I know. I’m leaning towards a Pro as it’s not a theme I’m crazy about. But then again, that deadpost…

My thought is they should have done something akin to the gold wings layout on the pro, which I am pretty sure is where this post idea came from and then all you needs is a nudge and post. doesn't add much to the bom at all

One thing is for sure, I'm rediscovering all the great foo fighters songs I had forgotten about.

Premium cabinet is maybe the best, designed like old school action figure packaging. Yeti never fails to impress.

Back
Top Bottom