What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foo Fighters Announced

The artwork doesn't make sense on the Pro if the dead post is missing.
Stern are using the same playfield on all models these days aren't they? Sure I heard that somewhere, hence the plastic on the left on Bond pro where the divers on a spring are on premiums.

Just watched the trailer for the 10th time, so much little cool touches in this game.

One thing I really hope for is that, it is all the cel-shaded animations for the main lcd footage, I would rather that than the bands concert video footage tbh, as it would suit the overall theme better in my opinion.

What modern music pins use this style of artwork and animations only with no real concert footage etc, , only Aerosmith ?

It's a very fast game.

You can tell with the artwork, animations and shots that a lot of love has gone into the project.

I think it's very cool.

Stern are using the same playfield on all models these days aren't they? Sure I heard that somewhere, hence the plastic on the left on Bond pro where the divers on a spring are on premiums.
nope. can't see how.

the game looks fantastic - lots of pace on the ball but also some precision needed. Can't wait to play it at TPF.

Looking proper amazing for a music Pin, very Deadpool look and feel to it also. Super fast, no silly concert live video footage, excellent retro sound effects for shots. No in your face artists splashed across-the-board, proper animation that looks great, has a real look and retro feel to it but with Foo music and stunning artwork.

FFS my next pin was planned to be a GZ but this looks and sounds superb.

Looking proper amazing for a music Pin, very Deadpool look and feel to it also. Super fast, no silly concert live video footage, excellent retro sound effects for shots. No in your face artists splashed across-the-board, proper animation that looks great, has a real look and retro feel to it but with Foo music and stunning artwork.

FFS my next pin was planned to be a GZ but this looks and sounds superb.

Not a bad shout as I can see some GZs getting moved on but mine defo not one of em as my dream theme.
Either way you can’t go wrong so if you want super fast flow get FF or just a GZ pro.
Me I like my stop start games to give you a break and watching that tower drop, the bridge fall apart and the MechaGZ turntable never gets old.
It just goes to show the time and effort put into GZ during lockdown probably means the last great flagship with no holds barred spent on the BOM.
My GZ Le was 12.5 NIB and it seems only a year ago and now that figure is 16k without the BOM.
Let’s see how FF holds up a year from now as code wise GZ is almost perfection.
I will defo get FF some point when life stops throwing lemons at me but probably in Prem flavour unless it turns out the Pro is favoured after all this FOMO calms down.
Either way I can’t wait to flip this beauty.

Attachments

• C8F03976-F35A-4201-BB0B-42A783307166.jpeg
    C8F03976-F35A-4201-BB0B-42A783307166.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looked really cool, with probably the best animations I have seen on a pinball machine, it was so crisp. It looks like a very fast and flowing game. Outlines look brutal though.

I just wished I liked the music more, as in my opinion, you need to at least like (love) the music to warrant owning one. Look forward to playing one though.

Seems they’ve been burning the midnight oil software coding. Looks quite complete as opposed to the one mode James Bond launched with.

Looked really cool, with probably the best animations I have seen on a pinball machine, it was so crisp. It looks like a very fast and flowing game. Outlines look brutal though.

I just wished I liked the music more, as in my opinion, you need to at least like (love) the music to warrant owning one. Look forward to playing one though.

I agree with that John.

Not liking the band on a music pin that plays their music exclusively is a problem. This one is lucky for me, Foo Fighters are on my playlist anyway.

Seems they’ve been burning the midnight oil software coding. Looks quite complete as opposed to the one mode James Bond launched with.

Maybe Mr Danger just had passion to push it through and has a good team around him. I'm sure he was really motivated with it being a keystone project for him.

Possibly Gomez had other things/duties at Stern? I know he oversees everyone else's pins and works on insider connected development. Perhaps he just didn't have the 100% focus to run a dedicated team like they clearly have on FF.

Maybe Mr Danger just had passion to push it through and has a good team around him. I'm sure he was really motivated with it being a keystone project for him.

Possibly Gomez had other things/duties at Stern? I know he oversees everyone else's pins and works on insider connected development. Perhaps he just didn't have the 100% focus to run a dedicated team like they clearly have on FF.
Don't think either of them write code though...

Don't think either of them write code though...

No, I know that mate. What I meant was, Dangers team are probably led by someone who is only focused on one thing (Foo Fighters).

I would not be at all surprised if Jack himself is constantly pushing the code and working late into the night with his team. Watching the stream it did seem like they were a close bunch and he alluded to the fact that many late nights and pizzas had been had 🍕. Jack probaly has all sorts of ideas flying around in his head and I'd imagine he's excitedly texting the coder all the time.

In essence this is probably not just 9-5 for them.

It's going to be difficult for Gomez to push a project to that extent. He's running large parts of Stern which must mean he has to split his time.

What happened to your self imposed £10k limit on pinball machines….

well its a long story but something that I was involved in went massive towards the end of last year so I'm treating myself!

Gary Stern saw that post and said ‘hold my drink………’

Yeah, Gary told me when he saw all the muppets buy Star Wars LE and Munsters LE he knew he could charge anything for any old ****e. :D

Cheers,
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom