What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

Just checked and you can buy the packs of 3 tables for £7.19 on Pinball FX3 Steam. Much cheaper than on the Android app. Odd.
Different markets I suppose. On Phones/Tablets they want you to get hooked, spending small amounts but often. There is much criticism of their overly complicated purchasing system. They did have an offer recently to buy all Williams tables, can't remember the exact price, think is was £28?

Steam is much better value but more aimed at the serious gamer rather than casual gamer.

New PBFX3 tourney is up courtesy of @MonkeySpasm

Tournament created!
Table: Safe Cracker
Created by User: monkeysp
Duration: 10 days
Rules: Classic
Password: pikmin

Good luck everyone [emoji2]

0754a8b1e59973dd446aeb804c6c6f30.jpg

2aa1f6fb77483b1efd01d63bfee9c3af.jpg

7065cf8096e47e87257e5aeabfb99c3d.jpg

WARNING! Some players who are in the middle of collecting all the tokens on SAFE CRACKER for the Wizard Goal have reported losing their progress if they enter a tournament for this table. So join at your own risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heads-up for anyone wanting to join in the AC/DC Premium high-score competition for May. The table is now on sale in EU eShop on Switch for less than a fiver.

You can also purchase it within a table pack in TPA for £8.99 or SPA.

You can get an easier highscore on Safe cracker by playing Assault On The Vault the game after winning a coin.

Seeing as we’re over halfway through the May high-score challenge for AC/DC Premium / TEE’D OFF / SPOOKY remake, here’s the current standings:

71c764ecb9ccc6a1495662e0b0c63800.jpg

f0fab83c2c070e8bd38e56b3e6f31993.jpg

f8d10afa1a1b6fadedf3e345f6054747.jpg

Note: That’s @Martywolfman at the top of SPOOKY remake.

Struggling to enjoy Safe Cracker, not sure if it's because I'm not fully aware of what I'm supposed to be doing or whether it's the compact layout and unsatisfying shots. Junk Yard on the other hand is a lot of fun! Think I'll buy the Medieval Madness/Getaway/Junk Yard pack.

@Marvello Get where you’re coming from with SAFE CRACKER: it’s certainly a unique table.

If you don’t already own it, highly recommend Williams Volume 1 table pack. MEDIEVAL MADNESS is phenomenal and both JUNKYARD! And THE GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED II are a lot of fun also. Probably, the strongest Williams table pack overall Zen have released in PBFX3 to date. Plus you get FISH TALES free.

@Marvello Cool, you should be able to join our PBFX3 tourneys in-game from your Steam set-up. Only if you want to of course. What’s your username on Steam? I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Hmm.. interested in this... maybe...

So - Which is the better platform/package? PS4 or PC(Steam)???

Are you talking about a specific table pack or about joining in on these tourneys?

Platform-wise, I can only speak for the Nintendo Switch. Love playing digital pinball on that platform. However, I imagine some people might say Steam and PS4 have better graphics? There also seems to be more potential table pack discounts on those platforms, possibly?

In relation to these digital pinball competitions, you can play on any platform and still take part. For example, for all non-PBFX3 table high-score competitions we simply post screenshots of our scores. We have or own custom leaderboards we update for these.

PBFX3 has in-game tournaments and leaderboards. However, it is worth bearing in mind that PS4 players cannot join tourneys created by folks playing on Nintendo Switch. Whereas players on XBOX and Steam can. Again, that doesn’t mean you can’t join in. You just need to post a screenshot of your score in that instance.

Not sure, if I have answered your query? Let me know if I can offer any further clarification.

@Marvello No worries, you can join the PBFX3 tourneys in-game. We’re currently doing SAFE CRACKER, tourney created by user: monkeysp
p/w: pikmin

I'm chocky909 on Steam. Only played Safecracker so far but I have pretty much every virtual table (PBFX3, PA, Zac) out there so I'll probably start posting more in this thread.

Are there any rules regarding posting photos of scores? Do they have to be freshly snapped at the end of the game to prevent anyone submitting "that awesome game they had 6 months ago"? It's so tempting to post a PS4 ACDC score I got about 3 weeks ago before I even knew about this thread

@yellowreggae Nicely played buddy. You’re currently top of the pack on SAFE CRACKER [emoji122]

Ideally, yes, the rule with our monthly non-PBFX3 tables is that you take a photo on your phone or screenshot the screen as soon as you achieve your score. It has to be a score achieved during the set month for that table and not a historic score from long ago.

However, bottom line is that it’s just meant as a bit of friendly competition to enhance our enjoyment of digital pinball. So we take the scores posted on good faith.

You can check the custom leaderboards for these tourneys here: https://www.iscored.info/?mode=public&user=Corneel

Scroll along past the arcade rankings to find the pinball tables we’ve score-chased on so far. If you feel like posting a fresh score for the likes of STAR TREK VENGEANCE Premium, GHOST BUSTERS Premium or say CUE BALL WIZARD or TX-SECTOR etc. Go ahead and post your score. I’ll ask @Corneel to add it retrospectively to those rankings.

Cheers. I see there's only a few players listed though.

Anyway here is the best of a bunch of ACDC games I played on Saturday. I got 530m a few weeks ago (best I've done by far - one shot away from starting Encore) but couldn't replicate it.

@yellowreggae True. We tend to get anywhere from 10 to 20 participants for the in-game PBFX3 tournaments whereas the 3 non-PBFX3 tables we high-score compete on each month is lucky to get half a dozen if that.

However, we’ve only started this whole thing not too long ago and the feedback has been only positive. The pool of players comes from Adult Switch Gamers Discord, Official PBFX3 Discord, Nintendo Life Forum, Digital Pinball Fans Forum, here and others. So a small, slowly growing community it may be but for us fans of digital pinball, these casual and friendly competitions do seem to offer some enrichment in playing these games.

Guess, interest will dictate how long we keep doing it for and whether this thread says active or not.

Congrats on the AC/DC Premium score. Will pass it on to our scoreboard man, @Corneel

Long term, PC is better than PS4 and it has the option to play the tables uncensored. My primary PC can use 2 monitors (not that I always do, its a bit of a pain rotating my main monitor), and my laptop is good enough (has a 1060 in it, but I expect a 1050Ti would be good enough) to run it well as well so I have an option that is mobile. Can't do that with a console, and guarantees no issues when the PS5 comes out.

If you throw the Switch into the mix, I can't say how that compares as I haven't tried it.

Yes, looking forward to getting a feel for the new flipper physics once Volume 4 lands. Been itching for some new Williams tables in PBFX3. Not much longer to wait now.

So does the winner of the latest PBFX3 tournament pick the next game?

No, up until now we have let the last placed person choose. We have now done all the Williams/Bally tables from Volumes 1 to 3 including FISH TALES. So whilst Zen original tables aren’t off limits, I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until Volume 4 lands on the 28th before the next tourney is set-up. But, it’s up to whomever comes in lowest ranked to decide. This system has worked fine for us up to this point.

However, always open to alternative suggestions.

As for the tables from STERN PINBALL, THE PINBALL ARCADE and ZACCARIA. We just tend to go with the popular consensus of what folks would like to play next.

SAFE CRACKER! Results:
38f4378b147bb01fb9d213e5ea7fd3bc.jpg

10456131617e3ee4f52db86939bb8b4c.jpg

b0a2779d1dfb2adae0d4802507191dd2.jpg

524dc1c546651061230583861900222d.jpg

Note: There’s one score missing off the very bottom (Zen still haven’t fixed this tourney leaderboard glitch) but that is a second entry by ‘monkeyspasm’ so it doesn’t count anyhow as he finished higher up playing on another platform.

Thanks to all who took part - healthy turn-out of 17 players. HUGE congrats to our winner ‘Tute_Primus’ and now it’s over to ‘CW13’ to select the next table and create the tourney. Please be one of the new tables from Volume 4 which releases tomorrow [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom