What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Pinball Competitions

@Marvello I have never really taken to playing games on my mobile phone or iPad let alone pinball. I do have the apps installed but always prefer to play the games on a console.

I enjoy all of the pinball games on Switch. However, I agree the ‘deep’ engine Zen developed for their versions of the Williams/Bally tables is phenomenal. I’m not lucky enough to own a real table or a proper virtual pin cabinet and would never say any digital recreation can compare to playing a real machine but in the digital space, the classic-arcade and classic-tournament physics in PBFX3 is the best there is.

I’m not actually certain this new physics engine is even in the mobile Williams Pinball app from Zen. I think you have to grind to unlock it. No interest in that personally.

I regularly play and change between PBFX3, TPA, STERN PINBALL and ZACCARIA on Switch and of course I notice they play vastly differently physics wise but all provide a decent game of digital pinball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@astyy The Williams mobile App is pretty much a separate, different game to the proper experience on console or Steam. That’s purely my own perspective of course. Zen must be earning big cash from the mobile offering and if that means we get more real-life tables in the Switch version of PBFX3, all the better [emoji6]

RESULTS TIME!

c2d58c7771476cda46f4c07f4cfb9e26.jpg

1208736012c1d13e4da0e1781f75bcb5.jpg

a7bec0abfd84e4192f224f582554dfb8.jpg

Many thanks to all who took part, some of you for the first time. Massive congrats to Tarek for 1st place.

If you are the Switch user ‘Elandal’ showing as ‘Hidden’ here. Please make yourself known as it is your honour to choose the next table for our weekly or 10-day PNFX3 tourneys. Go ahead and create the tourney in-game. Please let me know the password to join, so I can inform others.

@Lroy Switch friend request accepted - your Pinball game playing times says it all :thumbs:

@astyy Ha! Ha! Pinball gets addictive. That said my play times pale in comparison to many of the little community I play with. Some of them are nearing over a thousand hours played [emoji2957]

New tourney is open for PINBALL FX3.

Created by user: Elandal on Nintendo Switch. (Note: If playing on PS4, please post screenshot of your high-score using 3-ball classic/arcade set-up).

24c0bea5f9a0fece7c723499547806ac.jpg

ATTACK FROM MARS | 7 days | Classic | Unlimited tries | Password = metroid

eabc5c0a40dc4db6c969c7ae7b73ed4b.jpg

As always, open to all. Pop in and say hello too. Enjoy!

@Martywolfman Nicely played!

Remind me. What user name would you like us to use for your leaderboard rankings?

Think you’re something different across this forum, PBFX3 and these other pinball games. Gets confusing, lol!

haha, I am indeed. stick to martywolfman, since that's what's already there, I use fox for the 3 letters initials cos it's my real surname. It always worked nicely :)

I got lucky on teed off - two score doublers. It would have been painful if I'd missed the second one!

@Martywolfman Yeah, I’m yet to work out how that ‘double or quits’ style mode works in TEE’D OFF. Whenever it asks me to risk my score to double it, I freeze and it just calls me out as ‘chicken’ lol! What’s the S.K.I.N.S mode? Think you have to hit these shots (whereabouts are they?) to get the double award.

Also, well played on AC/DC. I can’t settle on which song to pick a launch in terms of getting the scoring going. Yet to break 100M on that table.

By the way, you gonna enter our ATTACK FROM MARS tourney on PBFX3? Got 12 players so far with 4/5 days to go. Some monster scores up on the board already.

When you pick double it flashes the targets so they are obvious, one was the same target as extra ball on the right, one was the similar position on on the left. I don't know if it's only those two.

To be honest I just pick songs at random on ACDC and see how it goes, and change to another when it's available. I've no idea what's good.

Yeah i'll have a shot at AFM at some point

@Martywolfman Cheers for the info. By the way, your scores should now be up on our custom leaderboards.

Remember to scroll along to find the pinball rankings after the arcade game leaderboards.

My Stern PA has arrived - 11 NIB tables! It surprises me that physical game carts work out cheaper than digital :hmm:

Anyhoo what Switch controllers are people using? I'm using Nintendo official Pro controller and can't do little flipper taps (Fish Tales in PFX3).

@astyy Contrats on STERN PINBALL physical. I have that one too. Really nice collection of tables. We’ve done high-scores for STAR TREK, GHOSTBUSTERS and currently AC/DC. So feel free to post your best score for each of those if you want your name added to our custom rankings.

I use the Switch Pro Controller too with the flippers set to the shoulder buttons rather than the triggers. The triggers for me are used for the extra flippers like the one on STARSHIP TROOPERS.

Not sure I follow what you’re getting at regarding little flips for FISH TALES?

@Martywolfman Ah I see. A proper player [emoji6]

I’m yet to master even the most basic ‘advanced’ skills. Although I can catch the ball on occasion. Is that a ‘live catch’?

Yes for post passes and little taps on when it rolls between the flippers - but ignore me, it can be done just needed more practice.

Just been playing Phantom of the Opera on Stern PA (well DE PA). So far I can't get to grips with the camera angles and already slightly prefer PBFX3. In ACDC what's the deal with the gruff bloke yaddering, can you switch him off?

I think I use camera angle 3 in TPA and STERN. View 2 in PBFX3
Thanks that's better, think I was pressing lock/unlock view instead of cycling, I should stick to my real machines :rolleyes:

@astty I’d definitely recommend selecting the view you want and then locking it. Very distracting when the camera moves in-game. I also turn off the multi-ball camera angle and the event camera depending on how fussy I feel per table.

RESULTS TIME!
5a374589be9f8ef416ca020761096ee6.jpg

1cabcc16503e4c5a63910523baef8dfb.jpg

fbd353b4412425ec7480b101f1e0f047.jpg

fd6cc0fde91a630b8a9cf659bdb3615d.jpg

There was an epic battle going on for first place but well done once again to the world renown digital pinball player Tarek for an incredible victory.

Warm welcome to the new people participating for the first time in this tourney and many thanks to everyone who took part.

We’ve got a mystery on our hands as to who the player is at the bottom. It’s their turn to pick the next table, so if this is you please make yourself known.

For anyone playing on PS4. The EU PSN store has some tables discounted including Williams Volume 3.

Is it me or is the price of unlocking tables on Zen's mobile Williams Pinball app quite expensive compared to on Steam or to Farsights's mobile pricing? It's all via tokens, each table is 250 tokens and the tokens are not cheap. Am I missing something? To be honest the whole app is a confusing bag of ****e. Shame as the table actually look and play really nice with no lag.

No idea. Playing pinball on a mobile phone or iPad has held little interest for me. I’ve installed the Williams app but see no use for it when I can play the same tables in the proper PBFX3 experience on console - or Steam whichever’s your preference.

You can play pinball on the bus or in the tearoom at work!

I can do that on my Nintendo Switch [emoji6]

But yes, of course. Each to their own. It’s more the whole app/free to play thing. I’d much rather just play the full PBFX3 game and buy the table packs. So I do.

Anyway my point was why are the tables so expensive on mobile? Tables are 250 Zen Coins each and Zen Coins cost 89p for just 25. You can save a bit in bulk but 2250 coins are £47 which buys you 9 tables.

Not sure the price on Steam or console but not that expensive surely?

Just checked and you can buy the packs of 3 tables for £7.19 on Pinball FX3 Steam. Much cheaper than on the Android app. Odd.

£9.99 on Switch for a pack of 3 tables. Zen’s standard price for their originals and these Williams tables.

Back
Top Bottom