What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Knight Sword Of Rage VIDEO + first info

No more misdeclaring the VAT or using company number to import stuff then selling for cash! I know whats going on....

I cant compete on an uneven play(ing)field!

Phil

It's a big risk for anyone considering getting from the EU as by the time they arrive we might not be in Europe and then it'll be old school importing rules with customs delays VAT etc

I doubt it will be like this no matter what the outcome but the forex has killed off any benefit from importing via the EU at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I need to flip this before I make my mind up. The first red flag is the Pro having no split-level playfield, meaning by default the key game had to have been designed without one, backed up with the Premium and LE having plastic upper playfields to keep everything visible on the bottom that BK2K had on the upper - this is 'split-level playfield' in name only.

The second is how hard this game is trying to mimic BK2K for recognition despite this, including the abstract graphic design. Being a Steve Ritchie playfield, it should be fast and brutal enough to get over the obvious hurdle that without the upper level, nearly every shot is going to flow towards the right flipper and unbalance the game. But right now, I'm asking myself 'what does this have over B2K2 as a game in its own right', and other than the knight toy and the mode names, there's nothing in the abstract graphics that can answer that question.

Agree on playing it first - but I’m not sure it was designed without the playfield first. I believe it was designed with the upper playfield that was then taken out, same was true for a few stern games including Ghostbusters.

Agree on playing it first - but I’m not sure it was designed without the playfield first. I believe it was designed with the upper playfield that was then taken out, same was true for a few stern games including Ghostbusters.

Yes, i think you're right now. It would be the reason why the Pro doesn't address the number of shots that go to the right flipper.

Let’s be honest you are involved in an attempt to sustain an illegal market Phil, so let’s not be too sanctimonious on this forum.
Is it true stern are trying to rig the market by illegally telling European distributors they can not sell into the UK, so that you, they , electrocoin or any combination of the 3 of you extort an extra 1 - 2 k off of pinball buyers in this country.
The European distributors are citing you as being the whistle blower on them to Stern, if you are not profiteering from this maybe you should be trying to stop it. I take it you are aware that currently people should be able to purchase were they want within the EU ?
I for one would Like to buy through you , but not whilst you are forced or tacitly support a rigged market that try’s to extort an extra 1 - 2 k out of me.
I may be looking for a couple of new pins for my company legally, can you match the prices I have from 2 European suppliers ?
If not don’t blame me for your rigged market place, I am willing to help you in any way , also I can give you names on this forum who have been told by European sellers they can not sell because they will get into trouble with stern even though they agree it is illegal, luckily there are enough that silent deals can be done.

I can buy iron maiden for 4804 from Europe, 6495 from you on a pro, dont require any special warranty, just the std stern one.
Order waiting ,

I owned a black knight 2000 for over 20 years in one stint, and the longer i owned it the more i realised the left flipper is just as important as the right for rule progression.

There are great features which are only easily achieved from the left flipper shot.

1) war multiball
2) re-locking a ball for a timed period during main multiball - very useful
3) vuk to upper playfield and lightning wheel award
4) hurry up loop advance
5) progress on drops to 1 million shot

On first play of course the game does lend itself to repeated shots up to the top playfield from the right flipper, but this isnt the whole story. Just my view of course!!

I always played for war multiball as its a million for every war lane set completed and 2 ball multiball, where you can hide one still in the war lock

You still have to get the ball to that left flipper and be prepared to use it. This is part of the beauty of BK2K - the novice won't use the left flipper and won't miss it; the expert will.

Okay the initial wow look at the art factor has faded a little. Game does look absolutely stunning though. I'm a Pro guy at best due to price and I'm a little worried that without the third flipper it might be too trimmed back for me. I dunno, need to play one.

Ridiculous that for £6600 you can't even get an upper playfield these days. You got everything on BK and BK2k for probably 1/8 the price ( I realise 30 years have past since 2k :D, but still )

You've just stumbled on my unique personal buying policy. It's totally crazy, i appreciate.

Definitely a more sensible approach! I've bought games having not played them in the past. Ghostbusters was bought purely on theme and I grew to hate it, bit of an error, Maiden bought because the pf layout looked so good and it worked out great.

Tell you one thing that definitely does not impress me about this game; I look at the Premium and LE versions, than I look at the miniscule-budget single-level whitewood being flipped and refined over the last week or so and go 'oh come on, even *I* managed to afford a perfectly good physical kickback in the left outlane.'

Last edited:
Think I’d need to see some game play and sounds before parting with some dollars......... I guess sometimes though, if your not fast your last....

Definitely a more sensible approach! I've bought games having not played them in the past. Ghostbusters was bought purely on theme and I grew to hate it, bit of an error, Maiden bought because the pf layout looked so good and it worked out great.
To be fair i bought Congo without playing a game, but that was MUCH less expensive and still great value. I also bought a LOTR after playing it at a Pin-meet and really hating it, but wanted to give it another chance on my own time and home environment.

Think I’d need to see some game play and sounds before parting with some dollars......... I guess sometimes though, if your not fast your last....
Reading recommendation: The Tortoise and the Hare.

I owned a black knight 2000 for over 20 years in one stint, and the longer i owned it the more i realised the left flipper is just as important as the right for rule progression.

There are great features which are only easily achieved from the left flipper shot.

1) war multiball
4) hurry up loop advance

On first play of course the game does lend itself to repeated shots up to the top playfield from the right flipper, but this isnt the whole story. Just my view of course!!

I always played for war multiball as its a million for every war lane set completed and 2 ball multiball, where you can hide one still in the war lock

This really makes me want to play BK2K again :D

I had one for over 10 years. You only need the right if you only play the points. Hit WAR and then the hurryup. If you play it as a game then as above. Best score I had was

1) war multiball
4) hurry up loop advance
You missed

6) trapping a ball (or 2) on the left flipper, so you can get to the main strategy of right ramp, loop, repeat ad infinitum.

I had loan of one for a week, it was about 6days 20hrs too much for me.

Back
Top Bottom