What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Knight Sword Of Rage VIDEO + first info

So, after looking at the pictures on the excellent pinball news article, is there actually anything to hit on the upper playfield? I see a ball lock and maybe a target?

To be fair, that'd need playtime to figure out whether you'd miss them. A huge complaint about BK2K is that the upper playfield could really slow down the pace of gameplay as the ball could easily take a leisurely time hopping along the rollover bumper rubbers. If the upper playfield is significantly faster with those elements removed I'd call it an improvement. The remaining elements are a target that requires you to catch the rebound or drain your ball with no rollover bumper rubbers to reduce the speed of them, lock a ball, or speed the ball up going around the loop.

I did think the same about the top playfield myself. It looked like a loop and the lock. If that was the only lock for Multiball too then i could see it being a bit tedious get the ball up there to do it.
But the beauty of these vids is they just give you enough to want more. So exciting to see what comes.

I wouldn't be buying anything from Europe just now. Not for vat reasons. But when the pound rockets up and the euro crashes, you will be kicking yourself paying 4.5k for a pin when you will get one for 2k 😁😂🙏

Not to go completely off topic but what is the deal with Tobin? I don't want to be to nosey or that but the guy seems to buy every pin that comes out and sells them on 3 weeks later. Is he a importer from Europe and pays so little that he can play it and still sell for a profit?
I know its nowt to do with me but just wondered. He doesn't seem to be on here I think.

As long as we're speculating on how the new one plays compared to BK2K, it already has a RANSOM feature from the upper playfield being held hostage by the Premium and LE. GIVE ME YOUR MONEY IF YOU WANT THE COMPLETE GAME.

@mission65 you have raised a few valid points which I am happy to answer for you. My replies are in italic/bold. I don't want this to dominate this BK thread and apart from the fact you have asked some genuine questions I wouldn't have replied.

Let’s be honest you are involved in an attempt to sustain an illegal market Phil, so let’s not be too sanctimonious on this forum.

Bit cheeky but I'll let that one go. This once....

Is it true stern are trying to rig the market by illegally telling European distributors they can not sell into the UK, so that you, they , electrocoin or any combination of the 3 of you extort an extra 1 - 2 k off of pinball buyers in this country.

Each Country has a Stern distributor who is only allowed to sell into that Country, despite what EU says, Gary says you cannot sell outside your turf, end of. Yes go and argue it with EU but in the meantime, you are no longer a Stern distributor.

The European distributors are citing you as being the whistle blower on them to Stern, if you are not profiteering from this maybe you should be trying to stop it. I take it you are aware that currently people should be able to purchase were they want within the EU ?

I am not the Stern distributor, its not my battle to fight. I cant report to Stern even if I wanted to.

I for one would Like to buy through you , but not whilst you are forced or tacitly support a rigged market that try’s to extort an extra 1 - 2 k out of me.

The answer is don't buy Stern games.

I may be looking for a couple of new pins for my company legally, can you match the prices I have from 2 European suppliers ?

No, I am not the Stern distributor so I cannot match the prices from a Stern distributor. So if I am not mistaken, your company is a plumbing supplies company, how can you legally purchase a couple of pinball machines for said business?

If not don’t blame me for your rigged market place, I am willing to help you in any way , also I can give you names on this forum who have been told by European sellers they can not sell because they will get into trouble with stern even though they agree it is illegal, luckily there are enough that silent deals can be done.

Do the silent deals, great, I don't care, its not my battle to fight. If you want to sneak games in and buy through your company when its nothing to do with the principal company activity then go for it... Lets hope these EU sellers support the UK pinball scene like I do and provide games for shows etc and sponsor them, yeah right...

I can buy iron maiden for 4804 from Europe, 6495 from you on a pro, dont require any special warranty, just the std stern one.

I couldn't sell to you at 4800 if I wanted to, I pay more than that... unless I did a parallel import, claimed the vat back and pocketed the cash but then I do try to run my business honestly....

Phil

Order waiting ,

Not to go completely off topic but what is the deal with Tobin? I don't want to be to nosey or that but the guy seems to buy every pin that comes out and sells them on 3 weeks later. Is he a importer from Europe and pays so little that he can play it and still sell for a profit?
I know its nowt to do with me but just wondered. He doesn't seem to be on here I think.
I went to his house and bought a machine off him, nice bloke probably making a bit like a car dealer if you like.
Good luck to him, did me a good deal. No complaints here.

Well there are some members on here thick as thieves with him and could explain ;-) but this thread is not the place to go into it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I wonder with the theme whether they might go for a simpler code a la Munsters or whether they'll go full Maiden. I saw Sexton saying it will ship with at least 0.96 or something so should be close-ish to it's final form from the off.

Well there are some members on here thick as thieves with him and could explain ;-) but this thread is not the place to go into it.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
That's fair enough Grizz.
Not to bothered about the ins and outs if it comes with a story.
It was more to do with people talking about price.
If you didn't want to pay the retail price then just wait a month and he would be selling it for 1k less 😁

love the artwork, love bk, like bk2k too. toys look amazing. looks very much like it leans more to an updated 2k rather than the original, would love to try one, this has got me excited but dont like the idea of the pro not having an upper pf though, thats the whole thing that Black knight was famous for! i think the original had a better upper playfield over 2k for its day as that has 2 flippers which meant you could take shots left and right rather than just shooting the right all the time

I wonder with the theme whether they might go for a simpler code a la Munsters or whether they'll go full Maiden. I saw Sexton saying it will ship with at least 0.96 or something so should be close-ish to it's final form from the off.

I know Tim and I’d put money on it being a code approach thats challenging and the sort of game that you get a huge high when you complete or achieve something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
From a design standpoint, I really don't understand why the leftmost shot on the Pro employs a VUK to the habitrail to the right flipper, whereas the other models have a single drop guarding what looks like a bounce back target at the top of the lane. If it was a matter of cost, I'd have put a straightforward eject pocket on the Pro. Reason being, on the models that ape BK2K so much with the upper playfield, you naturally expect the right flippers to be so heavily favoured. And yet it's the Premium and LE that have the easy-to-hit flow device to go from right to left, but the Pro totally lacks it. Seems a little odd that the version created for new or novice players via the operator market is the one that's going to demand the skill to bounce pass from flipper to flipper all day long.

Last edited:
1 /
Let’s be honest you are involved in an attempt to sustain an illegal market Phil, so let’s not be too sanctimonious on this forum.

Bit cheeky but I'll let that one go. This once....

sorry Phil, maybe a bit cheeky but not meant to imply you are a willing participant.

2/
Each Country has a Stern distributor who is only allowed to sell into that Country, despite what EU says, Gary says you cannot sell outside your turf, end of. Yes go and argue it with EU but in the meantime, you are no longer a Stern distributor.

this practice I believe is illegal, and i am going to see if anything can be done about it, thank you for clarifying it Phil.

3/No, I am not the Stern distributor so I cannot match the prices from a Stern distributor. So if I am not mistaken, your company is a plumbing supplies company, how can you legally purchase a couple of pinball machines for said business?

my main business is a plumbing merchant Phil, and i can legally purchase pinballs through it as i have pinballs in my offices for all members of staff to use, as several people who have been to my premises can vouch for. I have only purchased 1 new pinball in my time which was through you, quite a few years ago now IM vault, it is currently still at my premises along with several second hand pins. I also play the pins i keep at my premises with customers

you imply that i have been acting in a improper way (
Bit cheeky but I'll let that one go. This once.... )

3/ Moving forward I want to purchase a new pinball or 2 through you and not europe for my offices , and i would like to support a home seller, my beef is not in any shape with you but i will not buy a pin through you that i can get from the EU for 1500 pounds less just with the current bad exchange rate, then if I decided to claim the vat it would be nearer 2k saving.
People are buying from you at 6400 taking the vat off and selling it within months to others who can not claim vat, If they do it through europe its 4100 -4300, big difference from UK prices to joe public
this practice does not sound legal to me , however the practice that Stern is adopting to my mind is also illegal and i hope i can find out through investigating the truth.
I will be asking my accountant if i can claim back the vat on them, and go with their advice ( I also get givin a 15k entertaining budget from key manufacturers i believe I can use) ( and let you know if you want ),

But more importantly I would like to be able to support you without taking a hit of up to 2k forcing me to go to Europe,

There is no question that it’s illegal Tony with fines of (from memory) upto 15% of revenue for The guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nobody wants to import, but the huge price difference is hard to ignore. Why is it so much more in the UK? Seems to me that the European distributors dropped their prices when the dollar weakened last year...the UK distributor put them up instead (Electrocoin I believe, not Phil).

You guys may find it relatively easy to look up the legalese for that situation if you use the phrase 'vertical agreements' in your searches

Back
Top Bottom