Brought it to my local shop, they agree that it looks like it's autogenous welds (and I learned a new word, autogenous!)It will be a weld repair job. They are fabricated using an interlocking castellated design. The welding on these type of ramps are tig welded, but often look like they have just fused them without adding any extra filler wire. This leads to undercut, and a lack of strength, and ultimately to the weld failing like this
"10 minute job" he said. Asked if there were any other options but no. Oh well, they've got the part now and at least the machine is somewhat playable (and I'm getting a new game tomorrow!), so I'll just live with it...2 week queue?! they could knock that out in under an hour. Didn't any of their guys fancy a few quid in their pocket?
If you get stuck, then you could always post it to me for repair
Great to see new features being added to this game.LE V1.10 - November 23, 2021
- Fixed an issue that could award the Shield hurryup value multiple times when
the shield shot is hit.
- Fixed an issue that caused the incorrect music to play during the Sand Worm
mode when the alternate soundtrack was selected.
- Changed the backpedaling speech frequency default to "OCCASSIONAL."
- Added adjustment "UPPER PLAYFIELD TARGET SPOTS SHOTS" that defaults to YES.
Competition install sets it to NO, and does not allow the Light Lock target
on the upper playfield to spot monster mode shots.
- Black Castle Mode:
- Changed default mode time to 200 seconds.
- Added a ball saver when the player starts Black Castle.
- Added additional ball savers every time the player hits an outer shot to
progress the mode.
- Added 2 Challenge Modes, selectable at game start with unique
high score leaderboards:
- Added Retro Black Knight Multiball challenge mode.
- Starts with 3 balls in play. Score multiplier is set by the
number of balls in play.
- When the player drains down to a single ball in play, a timer counts
down for 10 seconds until the flippers lose power and the mode ends.
- Added The King's Ransom Multiball challenge mode:
- 60 second mode timer.
- Unlimited balls in play until the timer ends.
Stern Insider Connected:
- Added Connectivity Ready -
- The game can have a connectivity kit installed and be connected to
STERN INSIDER CONNECTED.
- Once connected you can log in and start earning Achievements.
- To log in, hold your QR code over the scanner. When you see you are
logged in - push start. By default, the game will automatically start
the game for everyone that is logged in with one button press.
- Before you press start, while the login screen is up, the most recently
logged in player can use the flipper buttons to move which player position
they will be in.
- After the game, by default, players will have a few seconds to press
start and all stay logged in. The game will start all games with one
press of the start button.
- Added Achievements -
- There are 68 achievements you can now earn if you are logged in.
- Achievements will pop up after you have received them as soon as they
can. Also, they are seen at the start of end of ball bonus if you
received any that ball.
- You can see all the achievements and how they are earned in instant
info or on the web site insider.sternpinball.com
- Your name will displace PLAYER # in the main score frame.
- If you are logged in your high score entry will default to your initials.
You will still be able to change them.
Moved to System 2.97:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0
- Connectivity support for Spike 2 games.
- Added adjustments for Login and Play Again display timers:
AD_NET_LOGIN_TIMER - "INSIDER LOGIN TIMER" default 30 sec
AD_NET_PLAY_AGAIN_TIMER - "INSIDER PLAY AGAIN TIMER" default 20 sec
- GAME RESTART (hold start button) behavior change:
Holding the start button on ball 2 or greater will follow the
logic of the AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR adjustment.
If (AD_GAME_RESTART == YES) and (AD_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR ==
ADV_START_BUTTON_BEHAVIOR_ALL_LOGGED_IN) holding the start button on
ball 2 or greater will restart the game for as many
players as is necessary to accommodate the users that are logged in.
If there are not enough credits to restart the game for the necessary
number of players, the game will not be restarted.
- Address Insider Connected game registration corner cases.
- Login changes:
* When a user logs in during a game in progress and the player up slot
is occupied, assign the user in the first open slot from lowest
player to the highest player.
* When a user joins a game in progress, award achievements that were
earned up to that point.
* When user authorization failure, remove the user from the session.
- Added audits for connectivity games and scanner use
- Added Standard Adjustment "LCD DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS" to allow dimming of LCD
- Upon entering the Service Menu for the first time after a software update,
a screen will display the game and system version numbers. This screen will be
displayed for a minimum of 1 second, and is dismissed by the enter button.
This replaces the dots display previously shown at power on after an update.
- Added Standard Audit "Total Power Ons" which will display the number of
times the machine has been power cycled (Spike2 only). This audit was added in
system 2.45 and is not included for display.
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD RESET COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when >= 100 and
by 10s when < 100
Moved to OS V2.4.0
According to the thread on pinside they've fixed the bugs yeah.Does it now work correctly Andy before I update mine