What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the Rush hype train

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
No mate I wholeheartedly agree JP lasted a couple of month and just done my tits in. However both AIQ and GZ are a lot easier to play and the flow and combos quite easy to nail whereas both my IMDN and JP were far from it but that’s probs because I’m a rubbish player.
But like you said each to there own that’s what’s so good about pinball. My mate loves Munsters and wouldn’t part with it and I’m still surprised when people say they like LZ!
Spot on Col,

I agree avengers has probs the best flow out of the elwin ones and I would put the iron maiden premium I purchased from you as probs my fave Elwin pin.. I really enjoyed Neils Godzilla at the domino tournament when I tried it but as I say it’s difficult to give a proper review unless in a home enviroment when you put the hours in and setup how you like it..I’m actually in the minority that likes Munsters too. It’s a bit like Elvira has some nice shots and is a bit bizarre.

P.s I also liked Neil’s Led Zeppelin 😬

Last edited:
No mate I wholeheartedly agree JP lasted a couple of month and just done my tits in. However both AIQ and GZ are a lot easier to play and the flow and combos quite easy to nail whereas both my IMDN and JP were far from it but that’s probs because I’m a rubbish player.
But like you said each to there own that’s what’s so good about pinball. My mate loves Munsters and wouldn’t part with it and I’m still surprised when people say they like LZ!
When I say I like the gameplay of JP2, I also love TNA, which the pinball equivalent of trying to ride rodeo when you’ve never seen a horse - it’s three balls of getting chucked onto the pavement and hoping next time you can hang on for a second longer. The TNA playfield alone is the old joke about Australia - even the scoop is trying to kill you. My Flipper Beast (five year old) didn’t enjoy the TNA at Flip Out - he had three ball saves instead of a game.

I like Led Zep enough that, if one turned up in my front room tomorrow morning, I wouldn’t be disappointed. If a Mando turned up, on the other hand, I’d only be interested in the resale value.

I’d rather own a 66 bat mobile than a modern sports car. Wouldn’t be too happy about repacking the parachute every time I ripped the handbrake mind

Not a theme that grabs me by the re-producers but that doesn't matter too much.
Don't actually mind the music, more eclectic these days than a narrow focus on tunes.
A decent selection of shots and toys on the prem/le - be hard pressed not to say most if not all have been done before on other pins.
Looks like it might flow well
Code? Who knows, could be great.
Artwork. Mmmm, LE best cabinet, premium could've been done by a 4th former in their lunch break, playfield, all uninspiring and yes that cornflake packet artwork of the band members.
Plastic instead of wireform? I damn your eyes sir!
That high level wireform to the right flipper - seen wobbly jelly wobble less

Would I buy it? No
Would I play it? Hell yes, it's a pinball

Going to go out on a limb here and predict in 5 years time it will be the cheapest of the second hand stern LCD games, just behind Led Zep. (Yup, even below the bloody Munsters)
The whole package just leaves me cold and I love an underdog. Doesn’t help that I didn’t really like Austin Powers and that one only cost me £1100

When I say I like the gameplay of JP2, I also love TNA, which the pinball equivalent of trying to ride rodeo when you’ve never seen a horse - it’s three balls of getting chucked onto the pavement and hoping next time you can hang on for a second longer. The TNA playfield alone is the old joke about Australia - even the scoop is trying to kill you. My Flipper Beast (five year old) didn’t enjoy the TNA at Flip Out - he had three ball saves instead of a game.

I like Led Zep enough that, if one turned up in my front room tomorrow morning, I wouldn’t be disappointed. If a Mando turned up, on the other hand, I’d only be interested in the resale value.
I just couldn’t get into JP2 at all.. there’s normally at worst a very brief period where you think hey this pin is ok but I can wholeheartedly say from the 1st ball to the last I hated it. It just didn’t appeal to me, I took nothing from the theme, shots, call-outs etc and apparently I had the best version with the upgraded visuals so I dread to think what it’s like normally. I could have had best game of my life on it and I’d still slate it. I’m not an Elwin basher by the way I like his other games but there’s just something about that one. But then Star Wars gets no love and flows like a beast. I would say my favourite shot in pinball to date is pummelling the ball into the garage on Elvira when it flys round the loop. Just so satisfying 😁 Anyhow back on topic rush looks great

Nothing wrong with hating games instantly. To this day Transformers is the only game I’ve walked away from in a commercial venue leaving credits. Absolute turd of a game. The very sight of it makes me feel depressed.

Have you guys seen this, overlay next to IM very similar

Attachments

• E6C1D822-A476-484A-8ED7-D55E26E7205C.jpeg
    E6C1D822-A476-484A-8ED7-D55E26E7205C.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 51
I just couldn’t get into JP2 at all.. there’s normally at worst a very brief period where you think hey this pin is ok but I can wholeheartedly say from the 1st ball to the last I hated it. It just didn’t appeal to me, I took nothing from the theme, shots, call-outs etc and apparently I had the best version with the upgraded visuals so I dread to think what it’s like normally. I could have had best game of my life on it and I’d still slate it. I’m not an Elwin basher by the way I like his other games but there’s just something about that one. But then Star Wars gets no love and flows like a beast. I would say my favourite shot in pinball to date is pummelling the ball into the garage on Elvira when it flys round the loop. Just so satisfying 😁 Anyhow back on topic rush looks great
The visuals on JP2 are terrible. The playfield artwork is dull and grungy - it’s on par with LoTR. There’s no visual coherence between the JP film clips, weird mannequin CGI pseudo video artwork, and terrible (DNA) cartoons. The T-Rex, although spectacularly cool in theory, looks like he’s briefly dropped in on the way to another pin. He’s also criminally underused in the gameplay…

All that said, the layout is very novel and original. The combo shots off the third flipper are challenging and satisfying. The shots through the bumpers are interesting. The flow shots around the helical ramp and tower are enjoyable. The T-Rex ramp shot is satisfying. The ball lock cage mech is innovative and enjoyable. I love the dinosaur theme (and so do my little boys) and the gameplay is really goal-orientated. All together, I’d rate it as one of my favourite pins.

Rush looks fun, but not exceptional. The layout is relatively standard, akin to multiple other pins, and I’m not convinced by the ramp on the time machine shot. It feels like you’re going to spend half the game shooting a wall when the ramp is down. Also, from what I can see, the time machine ring/ramp shot’s only function is locks balls to start one of several multiballs - unlike LoTR where part of the drama of the ring shot is that it starts the major game modes. The dual-scoop mech feels pretty innovative but, again, the scoops possibly don’t have as much multiball mech drama as - say - mini-Deadpool in DP pro or the LZ Electric Circus. I also liked the clock with the hands that start a multiball - would really like to see that in action. In general, though, none of the mechs look like they’d have the same impact on gameplay as, say, the building on GZ Prem, which acts as a multi-directional diverter and a dramatic multiball start. Also, apart from the ring shot, I didn’t notice any individually exciting shots.

As with most music pins, I‘m not really feeling the theme integration either. Music pins tend to rely on random mechs that reflect themes in the band’s music/album art, rather than telling a coherent story, and LZ, at least, relies on integration between gameplay and music.

I suspect I’ll put it in the same category as stuff like LZ and Mando. I’m definitely going to enjoy playing on site, but it’s not something that stands out enough that I’d want to own it.

Going to go out on a limb here and predict in 5 years time it will be the cheapest of the second hand stern LCD games, just behind Led Zep. (Yup, even below the bloody Munsters)
The whole package just leaves me cold and I love an underdog. Doesn’t help that I didn’t really like Austin Powers and that one only cost me £1100
but you've forgotten about Aerosmith and Star Wars.

wait until Friday folks when Jack streams it. couple of things folks not mentioned like how the lights work on the ramp to the ring!

wait until Friday folks when Jack streams it. couple of things folks not mentioned like how the lights work on the ramp to the ring!
Game play looks good in the video to me, I can’t be overly critical of it until I play it, The theme I will struggle on but on the other hand I’m not a Metallica fan but the pinball is one of the best imo, and is better than gotg with the same layout,

Who knows it could be a banger,

Itch

Game play looks good in the video to me, I can’t be overly critical of it until I play it, The theme I will struggle on but on the other hand I’m not a Metallica fan but the pinball is one of the best imo, and is better than gotg with the same layout,

Who knows it could be a banger,

Itch

It does look far better than I expected so it's already a bonus for me.

I'm really looking forward to playing one and I'm not too bothered about any likeness to X-Men because I've never played that game.

I also like the LOTR one ring type shot up the ramp.

I'm also not too sure about a massive price decrease in the UK because I doubt too many will make it here.

If you can slam the ball into the right scoop from the top flipper (like on The Shadow) that’ll be a very satisfying shot - as long as it makes a nice CLONK!

It does look far better than I expected so it's already a bonus for me.

I'm really looking forward to playing one and I'm not too bothered about any likeness to X-Men because I've never played that game.

I also like the LOTR one ring type shot up the ramp.

I'm also not too sure about a massive price decrease in the UK because I doubt too many will make it here.
I really enjoyed x-men at Neil’s, I added it to my list in fact after playing it,

During the gameplay stream, anyone who’s not a die hard Rush fan will be reaching for a set of ear defenders when they hear those non stop geeky band call outs.

but you've forgotten about Aerosmith and Star Wars.

Despite being a dreadful games all Star Wars pins punch above their weight due to the theme (similar to BTTF).

Aerosmith is a strange one. Barrel scrapping price two years ago. You could pick up a pro for around 4K. No chance of that now. I get more random DMs about flogging mine than any of my other pins.

Similar to Rush in that they were a bigger band in the States than Europe. A lot of the songs in the game are pretty obscure picks. How many people would know “rats in the cellar”?

But I would take the toy box toy over the Austin powers time machine. (Based on nothing apart from looks as I haven’t played Rush).

So I’m going to give AS third from bottom in my list for long term prices. 😂

It’s very good - code early but the ****s are excellent a build on xmen for sure but feels sharper plus the top shots are quite different! Short plunge!

Back
Top Bottom