What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
First impressions- the theme is decent for me but not one of my mega themes that I’ve just got to have one. Looks like some interesting shots and I’m loving that it seems the ball will do some interesting things a bit like some of the 90s pins.
I’ll play a prem to see if I like it and what assets they have and decide from there. I’ve never spent more than 10k on any one pin so need to be convinced in order to break that rule

Theme does look good, i wonder how the code will be sorted out and how much effort will be put in (bm66 took years and had to be redone a couple of times, i remember as i was in for the whole ride, everyone hated it at first, lol :)). Looking at it it screams a lyman project, but sadly that isnt possible anymore :(

The prices though, jesus... Makes my recent other manufacture purchases look positively bargainous ...

Using the movie posters is fine but couldn't they have:
1. Picked better ones as there are several options
2. Remastered/redone the art to pop more

I don’t know….that trans just doesn’t look good at all., drag and drop then printed on an HP Desk-jet

Using the movie posters is fine but couldn't they have:
1. Picked better ones as there are several options
2. Remastered/redone the art to pop more

I don’t know….that trans just doesn’t look good at all., drag and drop then printed on an HP Desk-jet
Every release this comes up and it’s the same answer it’s not down to Stern, it’s down to what the licensor will allow and approve.

The pro translite is a version of the Japanese movie poster, likely using original or redrawn assets so it will look great in person, no HP jet printer in sight.

Edit: and in this case also what Connery’s estate will sign off on, pre existing work he’s already signed off on is likely a lot easier than completely new art.

Last edited:
84395ac2f01f2640860c845e46e3ce9e95fc8da4.jpg

e323345f915a5377080d63cca26463cbc703646e.jpg

Definitely got that earlier noughties art/design. Doesn't necessarily matter, Sopranos is one of my favourite games ever. Guess this is a bit like Led Zeppelin where they had limited scope for doing their own thing.

Every release this comes up and it’s the same answer it’s not down to Stern, it’s down to what the licensor will allow and approve.

The pro translite is a version of the Japanese movie poster, likely using original or redrawn assets so it will look great in person, no HP jet printer in sight.

Edit: and in this case also what Connery’s estate will sign off on, pre existing work he’s already signed off on is likely a lot easier than completely new art.
I reckon the original would have worked better than what they conjured…
6CD5C8CB-9B83-49AD-8A0E-09362F2C1088.jpeg

The QR scanner is in the back box now? Seems like an awkward place to put it.

*Unless that is just a label. EDIT: It is just a label.

E03CAB44-F5BC-4E71-A6FD-239D85BAF742_kindlephoto-332970928.jpg

Last edited:
The QR scanner is in the back box now? Seems like an awkward place to put it.

*Unless that is just a label. EDIT: It is just a label.

View attachment 180565
Just the label that comes on all IC games, it’s still in the apron. Stern won’t be spending pennies on redesign where that goes they would have to spend 10 cents on a longer cable 😂 FAE46DB5-C4D4-4958-B89B-3E16FF4B7B4A.jpegBB859484-E771-4B1A-A568-59EB287FE366.jpeg

Mixed feeling about this one, its nice to have a change from the recent music/superhero themes (as nice as they are) and no doubt it will be a lot of fun, but it almost feels like with multiple films there are too many assets to squeeze in making the playfield look a bit cluttered with no coherent theme, and without dropping 10k your going to miss out on jetpack bond, which looks the coolest toy.

On another note, what's going on below the upper flipper, looks to be lower than the rest of the PF so assuming it locks balls there or something?

Mixed feeling about this one, its nice to have a change from the recent music/superhero themes (as nice as they are) and no doubt it will be a lot of fun, but it almost feels like with multiple films there are too many assets to squeeze in making the playfield look a bit cluttered with no coherent theme, and without dropping 10k your going to miss out on jetpack bond, which looks the coolest toy.

On another note, what's going on below the upper flipper, looks to be lower than the rest of the PF so assuming it locks balls there or something?
Upper playfield has a window below/behind it on the prem/le.

Guessing it will be like the creach mech on monster bash.

Gomez is using a lot of old ideas here (mostly his) but he’s mixed it up with the layout which Keith must have had a hand in, to keep it looking new. So thankfully no where near a Borg copy and paste.

Last edited:

Looks like the shire area in LOTR. I'm guessing the ball falls into the scoop in the lower right and gets ejected back onto the main PF.

View attachment 180568

Removed from the floor. And it wasn’t Stern’s decision.

Thanks goes to whoever leaked my images. Give yourself a Pat on the back.
I know Kaneda got hold of them very quickly, he made a post and live show about it, probably reached half of the US pinheads at that point.

What did Stern say phil? Did they give the leaks as the reason. I still think stern will up the LEs now they’ve seen the hype and interest from the leaks, I know Stern where on Pinside yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom