What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
I do hope they gone all out on the LE and art on both PF and Cab is on another level.
gameplay, code and flow can easily make up for its immediate shortcomings in the art department but we will see that soon enough I’m sure.
Im currently out on NIB due to price anyway and happy to see how future releases fair as let’s face it after the GOAT GZ it’s a hard act for anyone to follow Elwin pins included.
No gameplay or code can make up for what looks like a poor blocky Playfield art, side art is fine, it's just JB poster art.

I'll be getting one. Gomez makes great games. The cabinet art leaves a lot to be desired.

But the shots, ramps & toys look good to me.

This is my take based on the leaked images too. Playfield looks like an interesting layout. I’m not a huge Bond fan by any stretch of the imagination but I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays.

Can't wait to see what assets it has especially on the soundtrack and display

Yep its rolling stone level art

But its Bond so lm down for a Pro without hesitation

You can get over artwork eventually if the game is good enough. I initially passed on GoT as the artwork truly sucked. It’s now firmly rooted to my floor and I can’t see it ever leaving.

I like Little Nellie and love that poster so side art packages look fine.
Playfield art is a shame, but play, ramps and toys look interesting.

Looks packed for sure hopefully artwork better in real life …if you people think art work is bad we ain’t got price yet 🥸

I'll be getting one. Gomez makes great games. The cabinet art leaves a lot to be desired.

But the shots, ramps & toys look good to me.
Pro artwork might be better then you think, it’s taken from the original movie poster.2E7545CF-17C8-4EBC-A976-B3BA960625D6.jpeg

Colour coded film inserts so I think you'll have to kill the henchman, get the girl and defeat the Spectre boss to complete each film to head towards wizard mode.... So much on there it looks great!

Colour coded film inserts so I think you'll have to kill the henchman, get the girl and defeat the Spectre boss to complete each film to head towards wizard mode.... So much on there it looks great!
Sounds good to me, hopefully some of the code borrows from the Batman 66 villain continue/cash out set up

Someone on Pinside noticed the countdown timer on the Stern Insider page has had seven days added, so it looks like the announcement will be next Tues 20th

No gameplay or code can make up for what looks like a poor blocky Playfield art, side art is fine, it's just JB poster art.

I can get over it.

I hated the pictures of the actors on the PF on LOTR and that backglass was horrendous. However that is one of my all time favourites.

This release is much the same and I certainly won't be getting any special armour commissioned.

I love the shots and layout though and I think they've done the theme justice with the toys.

The villains on the playfield very much remind me of Batman66.

I have a hunch that when the music starts playing and the ball starts firing out of the Aston and you're in a hurry to destroy the rocket 🚀 the poor artwork will not be an issue.

Surprised it’s got all these movies. Plenty of great music and scenes/modes to choose from then. Lots of inserts on that playfield. Cab decals posters looks very GnR. Although posters are more interesting on GnR and quality of decals are way better too. Still looks a hit to me!

Last edited:
I’ve got to say… I was expecting them to do Sean Connery‘s Bond straight, and it to be a bit like their Grandad rock pins. But, no, they’re actually gone for the camp joyfulness of the Pierce Brosnan era, which is how Bond *should* be, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom