What's new

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
No drama quite like a new pinball drama 😁…. a niche hobby where grown men throw wads of cash at a wooden box of lights they haven’t even seen but hope will somehow be better then all other boxes of lights , meanwhile other grown men who have seen the new box of lights aren’t supposed to reveal what they have seen but invariably do 😂

As a business you would have to be extremely naive to let any product out of your factory and therefore out of your control and then be upset that people leaked photos.

It’s not like people broke in and stole the images. It was put into the public arena.

Maybe if Stern released photos before they expected people to fork out for limited editions then they would have more control.

As a business you would have to be extremely naive to let any product out of your factory and therefore out of your control and then be upset that people leaked photos.

It’s not like people broke in and stole the images. It was put into the public arena.

Maybe if Stern released photos before they expected people to fork out for limited editions then they would have more control.
I’ve got to say… as a professional PR, I would deliberately leak blurred/incomplete photos a week in advance to push the hype train into express mode…

So, not sure what they’re complaining about. It’s genius from a PR POV.

Well all this drama is news to me, I thought I had a scoop when I was told about the dalay this afternoon. Sad to hear Phil and Gonzo had trust abused and there's an issue with leaks.

It looks so retro in design that perhaps this is the first in a series of bond pins that may be released over the years incorporating a few films until they catch up to date. It won't stop it playing well.

Last edited:
Well - I must first of all apologise to Mr Neil McRae for my comments where I did not name him but I near enough did. Sorry.

Joking apart, this leak is not good for the UK pinball scene. I doubt sponsorship for Pinfest by Stern would never happen now.

Would guess it will be a USA launch now.

I do not think the launch was postponned due to the Queen's passing. The rest of the show has gone ahead as normal.

Whoever gave the photos to Kanaeda. Did you really think he wouldnt make a video???? Trust me, he is not your 'pal' or 'friend' - he used you for information.

Was it really all worth it to see a game less than 24 hours before its launch????

Last edited:

I wonder if Electrocoin had put Bond on display without Stern’s go-ahead. This would explain the absurdity of an unreleased pin that no one was allowed to photograph on public display at a show. I mean, if you had an eidetic memory and a talent for art, you wouldn’t even need to photograph it. You could just spoiler the whole thing by staring for a few minutes and then drawing a sketch…

I say this because my husband has just reminded me about my hilarious incident in Funland with Rush…

Unbeknownst to me, Electrocoin had put Rush on public display in Funland, but had been told off by Stern as it wasn’t released yet. So, it was in public, but no one was allowed to play it. I went into Funland, saw Rush, and, being the journalist/PR that I am in my day job, couldn’t resist trying to photograph it to share the pictures on here.

The person on the desk in Funland went crazy. And, for the next twenty minutes, two Funland staff progressively mummified the Rush in bubble wrap to ensure no one could take a picture (while I played Turtles). The slow mummification was a true classic of silent comedy and I’ve got to admit to sniggering silently/inwardly while I watched.

Joking apart, this leak is not good for the UK pinball scene. I doubt sponsorship for Pinfest by Stern would never happen now.

Would guess it will be a USA launch now.
because pics don’t appear for every launch ?
I do not think the launch was postponned due to the Queen's passing. The rest of the show has gone ahead as normal.
agreed possibly a technical issue…?
Was it really all worth it to see a game less than 24 hours before its launch????
Was for stern, all over social media and the net

Whoever gave the photos to Kanaeda. Did you really think he wouldnt make a video???? Trust me, he is not your 'pal' or 'friend' - he used you for information.

You hit the nail on the head. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Kinda like the person who leaked the info.

If my intention was to leak information on the game, I would have also sent out the gameplay footage I took as well as better close up images. Recording of the music used and what movie clips were used.

Yes, I got to play the game along with one other.

Anyway, I’m drawing a line on all this now. I’ve apologised and hopefully the damage done and worry I’ve caused will heal over time.

I’m not commenting anymore until the official release.

Don’t stress yourself out Phil, these things happen, I know I’ve only met you briefly at pinfest for the last couple years but I’d be confident as a betting man that anyone who knows or has met you can testify very quickly this was not your intention. Practically every Stern I can remember has leaked out early, nothing new here.

I remember telling a mate that his mate who I was also mates with was a cross dresser and not to say anything. My brother was there saying don’t tell him as he can’t help himself, he said he wouldn’t say anything and the next thing word got out!

I got him out of bed one early Sunday morning, kept knocking as it was important. Thought he looked a bit strange then thought nothing of it (Quick makeup off).
Saw him later that week then he showed me a pic of him all dressed up😂 I couldn’t believe it as he is a big burly lad and divorced with a girlfriend.

Did him a favour in the end though as it was out and excepted, was even doing DJ sets dressed up sending footage out to mates.

So sometimes these things do some good😎

I was pretty annoyed though when it happened😡

Exactly this isn’t s a big deal, do a quick Google search and the only thing that shows up is the teases and the sites with the leaks are pinball forums and a pinbal Reddit, this has hardly broke to the larger general public. EoN & MGM are sensitive ****ers though so maybe they saw their ****s.

I don't understand it, it was at a show where 100s or 1000s? of people are attending, surely pictures would be taken and posted?
It isn't in a secret booth only people who sign an NDA can enter right?

Peeps needs to relax…. don’t see what all the fuss is about although I do find it comical.
No one has died.
In the grand schemes of things…..
Its only pinball.
Yes. It is only pinball. So why not wait 24 more hours?

I have been on TV sets, famous peoples homes, soundchecks for large bands/backstage and I never post pictures unless I ask permission. Guess what!? I get asked back!

Kanaeda is like a sun reporter. He is not your friend.

I don't understand it, it was at a show where 100s or 1000s? of people are attending, surely pictures would be taken and posted?
It isn't in a secret booth only people who sign an NDA can enter right?
The show was open but the main hall was not open officially. It was a set up day. On set up days you are not supposed to share photos. It is in the shows terms and conditions.

Yes. It is only pinball. So why not wait 24 more hours?

I have been on TV sets, famous peoples homes, soundchecks for large bands/backstage and I never post pictures unless I ask permission. Guess what!? I get asked back!

Kanaeda is like a sun reporter. He is not your friend.
Think even that’s an insult to the sun, even they have standards, paper thin mind you but still 😂

Think even that’s an insult to the sun, even they have standards, paper thin mind you but still 😂
Speaking as a journalist, the way this sort of thing normally works is that you make an explicit agreement to view something 'under embargo' - usually as part of a press viewing or press trip. This means you have time to prepare your story, but you can't publish the story until the date that the embargo lifts. If you break the embargo, you are unlikely to be able to report on that company again because they know you are an untrustworthy s**t.

If no one has an explicit agreement with you, which you have agreed to, then ANYTHING is a story. If I wander, randomly, into Funland tomorrow and there is a James Bond sitting in the row of pins, then I would be more than willing to (in fact, let's be honest here - I just will) take every picture imaginable and post it here. I don't have an agreement with Stern. There is no reason not to. Information wants to be free.

Thus, I'm not blaming Kaneda. He didn't have an explicit agreement with Stern to view the pin without publishing anything. The purpose of his channel is to attract traffic and provide information. He would be letting down his viewers if he received leaked information and didn't publish it - his loyalties are to his fans, and not to Stern.

Just catching up on this thread and it really is a case of 'Nothing to see here'.

It was on the floor of a trade show so why couldn't anyone just take photos and post them online? We're only discussing it because we're 'pinheads' and know it's a new machine. Joe public would have no idea and happily snap away anything at the show and post on social media. Doubt that NDAs were signed on entry so if Stern didn't want pictures out there they shouldn't have let it go to the show.

And as @Sgt GrizZ said, we are talking about a wooden box (albeit a very expensive one) with lights and balls in it. It's not like the discovery of perpetual motion was leaked.

Stern won't be unhappy with this as everyone in the community is now talking about it. Will sales drop because of it. No. The opposite will happen.

Lets move on. Next.

Choices choices (spacing and letting will be crystal clear in finished version)9E62F62D-A16D-4BD0-B168-3DC8881517D2.jpeg

It’s more likely Stern saw all the excitement and interest and pulled the game so they can increase LE numbers.

I can see it now…
“Gary Bond has leaked….”
“Well!? How!? What’s happening?
“Well the pinball sites are blowing up with excitement Gary and distributors have reported a massive bump in orders!”
“Really dear god pull the game from the public eye and delay it!!”
“Why Gary!?”
“Why? Because we only made 1000 LEs that’s why, we will delay and make it 2000 LEs, think of that boost to my retirement fund… I mean to company profit”.

I wonder if Electrocoin had put Bond on display without Stern’s go-ahead. This would explain the absurdity of an unreleased pin that no one was allowed to photograph on public display at a show. I mean, if you had an eidetic memory and a talent for art, you wouldn’t even need to photograph it. You could just spoiler the whole thing by staring for a few minutes and then drawing a sketch…

I say this because my husband has just reminded me about my hilarious incident in Funland with Rush…

Unbeknownst to me, Electrocoin had put Rush on public display in Funland, but had been told off by Stern as it wasn’t released yet. So, it was in public, but no one was allowed to play it. I went into Funland, saw Rush, and, being the journalist/PR that I am in my day job, couldn’t resist trying to photograph it to share the pictures on here.

The person on the desk in Funland went crazy. And, for the next twenty minutes, two Funland staff progressively mummified the Rush in bubble wrap to ensure no one could take a picture (while I played Turtles). The slow mummification was a true classic of silent comedy and I’ve got to admit to sniggering silently/inwardly while I watched.
It was not electrocoin as stern themselfs were setting the pinballs up all 6 were done by there tecky to include insider . Revel is next week in Europe but can't say when.
I may get a few games myself friday if all goes to plan

Back
Top Bottom