What's new

All aboard for the James Bond 007 Hype train!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Every. Single. Time. This whole release/reveal/leaking is farcical. And just amateurish.
It’s going on the floor at what is basically a public show.
So just get your reveal times sorted and out there Stern . How ****ing hard can it be ?

It’s also a pretty tiny market really so is it that big a deal ?
And to cite ‘respect for the Queen’ as a reason to delay launch . Well …. I’m saying nothing . My deranged-o-meter has gone well off the scale enough already this week 😂😄

Theme means little to me as not a Bond fan but game looks promising - Bond on a Stick gets my approval ✊

Call me cynical but you can see in the reflections the guy taking the pics is wearing a high vis jacket and in one pic the some dudes got his hand in the machine, are these pics really from an attendee?

Reactions: PAX
Call me cynical but you can see in the reflections the guy taking the pics is wearing a high vis jacket and in one pic the some dudes got his hand in the machine, are these pics really from an attendee?

At some of the shows the NLP has done in the past the venue mandates everyone to wear high vis jackets on setup (and teardown) days whilst trucks are moving around

Every. Single. Time. This whole release/reveal/leaking is farcical. And just amateurish.
It’s going on the floor at what is basically a public show.
So just get your reveal times sorted and out there Stern . How ****ing hard can it be ?

I posted similar thoughts on Pinside yesterday. Literally all Stern need to do to ensure this doesn't happen is to release their promo images before the first game leaves the factory. That's their controlled environment.

Failing that, release their promo images before the first game to leave the factory is unboxed. If it had been on the show floor this morning the first images still would have been from IAPPA as the Stern release wasn't scheduled until later today.

It's not rocket science.

Guess this is a bit like Led Zeppelin where they had limited scope for doing their own thing.

Yeah - you can’t underestimate the restrictions that may be imposed.
Tom Kopera the designer of Sterns Rolling Stones talked a lot about this in an interesting article in Pingame Journal. Many ideas for the design and gameplay / narrative had to first be run by and approved by the Stones people. Certain things had to be included, other stuff was just not allowed. Sounded like his hands were very much tied .
Still - we got Mick On A Stick on there , one of the single most ludicrous yet somehow brilliant toys in pinball 😁

I posted similar thoughts on Pinside yesterday. Literally all Stern need to do to ensure this doesn't happen is to release their promo images before the first game leaves the factory. That's their controlled environment.

Failing that, release their promo images before the first game to leave the factory is unboxed. If it had been on the show floor this morning the first images still would have been from IAPPA as the Stern release wasn't scheduled until later today.

It's not rocket science.
SOP - standard operational procedure.
Who’s not here?
Just blame Neil 😂

It's not rocket science.

In fairness they wanted to do the launch at a public event. That means there will be a small number of people that get to see the machine ahead of the official release. It's hard to control, but it needs those people, and any trusted third parties to play by the rules and not distribute photos/videos.

Was hilarious to hear Kanada bemoaning the fact that Stern screwed up the release, when he's actually part of that. People just love those 20 nanoseconds of internet fame 'look at me! I have something you want!'. And then tomorrow they're forgotten about again as people move onto the next shiny thing.

I am the original source. I’ve admitted that. I’ve apologised profusely to Electrocoin. I sent those images in good faith that they wouldn’t be used on social media until after the the game was launched or to gain some worthless Kaneda points.

I am the original source. I’ve admitted that. I’ve apologised profusely to Electrocoin. I sent those images in good faith that they wouldn’t be used on social media until after the the game was launched or to gain some worthless Kaneda points.

Are they all your photos? As it looks like in one of the pictures there is a reflection of someone else in the DMD/LCD area holding something up like they are taking a picture.

Who's Spartacus .... lol

I must hold my hands up and up and claim some culpability here.

Phil shared some images with me ahead of a planned video due to be revealed on the YouTube channel this evening. I did share them privately and discreetly but quite how they've ended up in the hands of a podcaster on the other side of the pond is anyone's guess?

There was no benefit to me leaking them because I was due to have the exclusive video and now there isn't one. The biggest loser is Phil who now looks untrustworthy and all he was trying to do was the right thing.

I'm gutted because I've let Phil down and someone has potentially leaked something that I passed on with trust. Obviously I'm disappointed that the images got shared but also fuming that they were handed to an idiot (Kaneda) who couldn't be @rsed to wait for the reveal before sharing them publicly. I do this all the time with West Ham when we get early access to new kits or signings and the etiquette is not to share before the club announcement.

The other loser is probably UK pinball who look like we can't be trusted with a reveal now.

Obviously I've privately said sorry to Phil but I'd like to do so publicly too. I'm very sorry mate, you're a good man and don't deserve the sh1t storm.

Clearly there's no chinwag because it was going to be a Bond one and discussing it further will only stir the pot on what has been a botched Stern reveal.

Quite frankly this whole episode has sucked the joy out of what should have been a fun and exciting reveal.

Sorry everyone.

Phil shared some images with me ahead of a planned video due to be revealed on the YouTube channel this evening. I did share them privately and discreetly but quite how they've ended up in the hands of a podcaster on the other side of the pond is anyone's guess?

**Comment removed due to a complaint**
**Warning issued**

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Gonzo that sucks.

I had them coming from all angles on my phone from various sources. Was like a WhatsApp storm of incoming pictures filling my phone. At the same time I noticed most of the USA had them and were actively sharing them on Facebook.

Stuff like this will exponentially explode as everyone will send them to people they trust - like a virus.

When we do operator raids we never tell a soul for this exact reason.

First rule of Fight Club..

There was no benefit to me leaking them because I was due to have the exclusive video and now there isn't one. The biggest loser is Phil who now looks untrustworthy and all he was trying to do was the right thing.

I'm gutted because I've let Phil down and someone has potentially leaked something that I passed on with trust. Obviously I'm disappointed that the images got shared but also fuming that they were handed to an idiot (Kaneda) who couldn't be @rsed to wait for the reveal before sharing them publicly. I do this all the time with West Ham when we get early access to new kits or signings and the etiquette is not to share before the club announcement.

The other loser is probably UK pinball who look like we can't be trusted with a reveal now.

Obviously I've privately said sorry to Phil but I'd like to do so publicly too. I'm very sorry mate, you're a good man and don't deserve the sh1t storm.

Clearly there's no chinwag because it was going to be a Bond one and discussing it further will only stir the pot on what has been a botched Stern reveal.

Quite frankly this whole episode has sucked the joy out of what should have been a fun and exciting reveal.

Sorry everyone.
Hence why, when i find out about something, i share nothing with anyone. Admittedly thats very rare, however there's too much chance of it leaking out....

Sorry to see you and Phil got caught out... :( :(

Sorry everyone.
Hazard a guess the interview with Gomez is in the toilet 😂

It sounds like ego got in the way, “ look at me, I’ve got the first pics ! “
Very sad, hard to trust people nowadays

Back
Top Bottom