What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Playfield Art

easy to find out and check some of the claims in that post around the premises etc, and run a credit check/companies house check. I'd be doing that if I was parting with lots of dosh.

It's all well and good eating popcorn but what I want to know Sir, is why your name is on a picture of Johnny Bravo that was taped inside a Formula 1 car during today's practice for the Malaysian Grand Prix ?

IMG_0297.JPG

Like I said before, not me. I haven't had anything to do with that ****hole for a long time now and good riddance. When I do call Andy out on his bull**** I do so using my real name/handle, not hide anonymously.

Only reason I popped up again in this thread was because I was getting the blame. Andy likes to blame me for all his problems, when in reality he brings them on himself. I've had to leave the UK pinball community due to the constant bad mouthing I was getting from him.

If you really want to find out who posted that, may I suggest you look at the following two links and extrapolate from there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160401060835/http://heighwaypinball.com/team/
http://heighwaypinball.com/team/

Janos or Romaine?

f you really want to find out who posted that, may I suggest you look at the following two links and extrapolate from there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160401060835/http://heighwaypinball.com/team/
http://heighwaypinball.com/team/
New team
Andy Dave Brian James Russell John Sandor

Old Team
Andy Romain Dave Brian James János Russell John Baptiste Oti Helen Sandor Balint

So...... you are saying that it must be one of the ones who has moved on - ie Romain or János or Baptiste or Oti or Helen or Balint.

Fair enough. Maybe it was. The only one of those I've spoken to was Romain, at the UKPP last summer in the factory - he was a top top dude, I liked him a lot.

Oh u r Ewan? lol I didn't know that. But in all fairness you are the only one I've seen all butt hurt over andy I've not seen any other rants and obviously dan thought the same.

I wonder how many folks would have liked insight like this ahead of the predator or jpoop fiascos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been the most vocal until now, that's true, but I can assure you there's other people who feel just the same way about him as I do, as evidenced by this post that's popped up on RGP. The reason I was butthurt was because I left a *very* good job to come to work for him, was treated incredibly poorly, had to initiate court proceedings to get what I was owed and found myself ostracised from the UK community afterward, even though I felt I had done nothing wrong. If that had happened to you I should imagine you would feel in some way ****ed off about it.

The most annoying part is that I was over it, was willing to walk up to him at this years expo and see if he would shake my hand, call bygones bygones and move on from the whole sorry mess, because I thought he had genuinely changed and started treating his employees with respect. Now I find I'm still being referring to as 'that bitter ex-employee' and he's still treating his staff like dirt.

At the end of the day, people can make their own minds up about it all, but I just want to make it perfectly clear (as Andy likes to threaten me with legal action whenever he can) that I had *nothing to do* with that RGP post.

Well that does suck in that case I don't blame you. I've no beef with anyone just your the only one I've seen diss him.

Sorry Ewan. Rudi was right, in that you were the person who sprang to my mind .... and it was Rudi who said who were a bitter ex-employee, not Andy ..... because clearly from reading your words, I agree with him that you still are bitter about it (perhaps with reason, nobody knows but you and Andy). If all you say is true then I'd be bitter too.

But if you planned to shake Andy's hand and put it behind you, please do so, please don't think Andy has slandered you here as he hasn't. Rudi and I made an assumption based on you being still scarred from the experience, so I apologise for that. Do make up with him though, please? For the sake of both your and his mental health and blood pressures.

Sorry Ewan. Rudi was right, in that you were the person who sprang to my mind .... and it was Rudi who said who were a bitter ex-employee, not Andy ..... because clearly from reading your words, I agree with him that you still are bitter about it (perhaps with reason, nobody knows but you and Andy). If all you say is true then I'd be bitter too.

But if you planned to shake Andy's hand and put it behind you, please do so, please don't think Andy has slandered you here as he hasn't. Rudi and I made an assumption based on you being still scarred from the experience, so I apologise for that. Do make up with him though, please? For the sake of both your and his mental health and blood pressures.

I also apologise

I'm really not a fan of those cabs, they make the game looks super cheap.

Just reminds me of this

www.toysrus.com_graphics_product_images_pTRU1_20765707enh_z6.jpg

Apart from that the actually game looks good, I'm a massive Alien fan so can't wait to get a go of this.

Reactions: JMP
Amazing film, Playfield looks good, what a big shame about the cabinet and back box. (Cheap) If I got one use a new manny cab and full alien decals on cab and back box would look cool

Yeah the cab isn't quite as 'polished' as the standard wood cab, but then Inguess you have to have some trade off with a modular design which allows you to change side art and translites. It looks pretty robust too which will help with longevity on route

Amazing film, Playfield looks good, what a big shame about the cabinet and back box. (Cheap) If I got one use a new manny cab and full alien decals on cab and back box would look cool

When or if I end up with one, I will definitely ask Manny to make a completely new backbox, or modified fascia for it, and a better mounting for translite and speakers.

The black on black cabinet does look much better than black with grey, or red ones.

In my view it was a massive mistake to keep the glass 'magazine' ... Andrew says he still intends to use a transparent OLED one day, so hence keeping it ... but being optimistic, that might happen in 10 years. People thinking it looks ugly and unwieldy in the intervening decade will just cost sales.

Last edited:
As someone with a full Throttle, I can tell you that the play field glass magazine is a great innovation. You don't need a pins length to completely remove the glass, there's no worrying when you put it down and when playing the game you don't notice the width of the edges at all!

Aye, April 2015 iirc and part of the reason Nordman left was because he thought it was pie in the sky.

Still, it obviously nearly finished so I see no reason why they can't get a couple shipped by December

Pf looks good to me.
Cabinet not so much....

The image on the screens is a poor choice for the flyer.
The apron looks pox as doses the speaker holes.
The cabinets are still Wood with a metal backbox?

Back
Top Bottom