What's new

Alien Playfield Art

Love alien/aliens can't wait to try this one out :) hopefully there will be some movie call outs i.e. Game over man game over :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't really have any expectations on how the art should be before the reveal like many others seem to have done, but overall I think the playfield art looks really good. I'm looking forward to seeing it all in context when the machine is built up with ramps, plastics and toys etc. The CAD overlay certainly helps to add a bit of perspective to it in the meantime though. What does everybody else think?

I think it looks ok. Some people on pinside are moaning ( really? people on pinside moaning? :D ) about the cartoony marine emblems/ship just above the display cutout and I see their point, they do look a bit odd, but to be honest I hadn't really noticed until it was pointed out. I'm sure it's going to look very good once populated with ramps, plastics and toys.

I really like the look of it and it should only get better when it's populated. Looks like 10 - 11 different shots on the playfield which is cool :thumbs:

Im not going to comment on the quality of Mr Ourslers work on his Birthday but amongst the not so goods are cast iron classics like defender solar fire space shuttle pinbot and BSD. maybe the time scales are optimistic but ALIEN WILL be built and looks very promising.

Refreshing to know I'm not the only person who likes it. Reading through all the negative comments on Pinside makes me wonder if these people are really fans of pinball at all, or just there to stir ****!

Tbh I don't normally read much on Pinside cause as you say its mostly a load of ******** lol. The Alien thread has been an exception to this rule.... and to think we have been criticised here in the past for a lack of support! :rofl:

I have Kaneda on ignore too..

You can never, ever please everybody, so the fact that the posts on Pinside are mainly positive is very promising. Aurich is taking the criticism well, he seems level headed enough not to rise to it.

I think it looks good so far, it's always hard to tell until it's populated. Tron and Pirates both have sparse playfields that don't look much on their own, but the overall packages look great to me.

Really looking forward to this now, just started playing Alien Isolation on the Xbox to get me in the mood.

I think a large amount of the people on Pinside are worried about their Pins going down in value so there is a lot of very polarised opinion with people not accepting any criticism of machines they own. everything is the best machine every for some people as soon as they have it in their collection and all other machines are ****e as they try to talk down the price. There's good people on there as well but you do have to wade through a lot of crap to find what's really going on.

Personally I think the art is good and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Am I right in understanding that the idea for Andy's pins is that they are modular - so you can swap over the playfield, translite and side art somehow, so you don't have to pay the full price of a new pin every time? Not sure if I imagined this, but if that is right, how much is it to do that change-over between games?

Am I right in understanding that the idea for Andy's pins is that they are modular - so you can swap over the playfield, translite and side art somehow, so you don't have to pay the full price of a new pin every time? Not sure if I imagined this, but if that is right, how much is it to do that change-over between games?
This is correct. I believe a playfield kit is around 60% of the price of a full machine.

The modular idea is great:thumbs: Full Throttle doesn't grab me as a theme (although the ramp shots felt far better when I played it again this week). However, if I bought Alien then a 2nd table for 60% of the price gets a lot more tempting. I've no idea how many Aliens Andy has pre-sold but I really wouldn't be surprised if that table is ultimately what drives the sales for the first table. If Aliens comes out together with a pre announcement about table 3 (or 4) then I can see some very healthy sales on the back of it.

I know, I know............ I know you don't play the cabinet and it wouldn't stop me owning one.... But I really don't like that back box. Th concept of swapping games in and out is awesome and I'd seriously consider one nib for the right title.

I hardly ever go to Pinside but don't remember any Kineda guy. This fella in the link who made his appt into an arcade ..... he's one of us

That article says a lot, probably about the route I'm treading! I could never get rid of my bed though, not even for a pinball machine. Just need to build something to stick them all in and have a few normal rooms at least.

Back
Top Bottom