What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Playfield Art

I was at the pinball party that Andy hosted and saw the alien cabinet then and also the full throttles, I think a picture doesn't do them justice as in the flesh turned on and lit up they look bloody lovely! I'm not a fan of the super bike theme but being able to drop a new game into an existing cab is a stroke of genius imo and designed to save the buyer dosh every time they release a game, a very unselfish concept in a greedy industry (stern) so if the cabinet doesn't look as flash as others it's a small price to pay long term and you don't look at the mantlepiece when stoking the fire anyway...

Last edited:
FTH -> Alien won't be 'just drop in a playfield and you are done', it'll require purchase of a new PC as well, as they are switching from ARM to x86.
Changing systems after producing one game? Was the ARM an issue in FTH? I don't really understand what goes on under the bonnet tbh but I'd assume if you were an existing customer buying just the pf and supporting software then the new PC would be part of the package if that's the case?

It was bust a NLP several times. Spent one being bust at TILT too. Love the game but after watching it going through several tests at NLP - none of which I am familiar with, it seems to have some issues with reliability

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last night it was just blank screens with no signal displayed. Tried playing it earlier in the day and was just frozen mid game shame cuz I've liked it when I've played it

Changing systems after producing one game? Was the ARM an issue in FTH? I don't really understand what goes on under the bonnet tbh but I'd assume if you were an existing customer buying just the pf and supporting software then the new PC would be part of the package if that's the case?

The arm chip doesn't have as much grunt as the Intel chips.

Once the PC stuff is swapped over, I guess this modularity is a great selling feature though. Does anyone know what the cost is just upgrading the playfield for future releases?

Once the PC stuff is swapped over, I guess this modularity is a great selling feature though. Does anyone know what the cost is just upgrading the playfield for future releases?
I don't think they have ever given an actual price for upgrade kits, just ' approx. 60% ' of the cost of a full machine iirc.

Store price on the Heighway site shows Alien standard edition now being at £5220 rather than the previous £4700:

http://www.heighwaypinball.com/product/alien-standard-edition-pay-in-full/

Dollar price is also shown at $5220 so not sure if its an error on the site or not, sterling has fallen but not by THAT much! Maybe someone at Expo can find out about this for us

No tax on the ones going to 'Murica ... also, last pricing was done at ~£1 = $1.65 ... now £1 = $1.22 and will get a lot worse.

Pricing has to go up as half the stuff they buy is paid for in $ (see above) or € (£1 = €1.44 this time last year and £1 = €1.11 now).

Pound will be practically worthless vs. the Dollar for the foreseeable future. Could improve vs. the Euro if Renzi loses his referendum in December.

Reactions: JT.
Just watched promo video, is there no multiball?

There's at least 5 different multiballs covered by each of the red inserts at the bottom of the playfield!

Ah, it's just not been programmed yet according to pinside.

I'm impressed by the video, only thing that was a little dissapointing ( to me ) was the alien tongue thing, maybe its not final but it looked like a straw slowly coming out and collecting the ball rather than the brutal hydraulic ram like action of it in the movies. Overall though well impressed, I'm sure the pre-order list just grew hugely. Perfect theme for me, hope to have one one day.

JJP may have won the hype war pre-expo, but Heighway has definitely won the best game award imo

JJP3 is a horrible theme and Batman 66 is a pro game with LCD and the price doubled

Just saying :D. Not being negative on purpose, just having fun, I REALLY want one now! ( Alien, not a Malteser!...( nips out to get maltesers ) )

Yeah, I like that a lot and as a massive film of all of the Alien movies I have to say i'd definitely buy one of those.

If I wasn't so poor that is.

Back
Top Bottom