What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Playfield Art

Another:

Attachments

• dsc01589.jpg
    dsc01589.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 81
Did Matt from Back Alley make this? It seems streets ahead of his Smaug and the Predator flayed bodies.

Aurich posted this on pinside.
image.png
The layout looks incredible. Didn't think I would ever shell out for a NIB but might be tempted depending how it turns out.

So my previous comment got me thinking......
now like sttng is the layout?
I came up with this
lh3.googleusercontent.com__LuWkMF62pnY_V0gBo8Y0gYI_AAAAAAAAKeM47954f0565af961c312a27f402a958da.png

Then I wondered what I'd have to change to make it into STtNG
not a lot really?
I'm by no mean ragging on the layout,I mean its pinball,theres only so much you can do
Plus you gotta drop the lower left flipper,
I think this layout is going to be great!

lh3.googleusercontent.com__LuWkMF62pnY_V0gBo8Y0gYI_AAAAAAAAKeM47954f0565af961c312a27f402a958da.png lh3.googleusercontent.com__B0ouYcCpo18_V0gBpJgF0SI_AAAAAAAAKeQ55b7be07f2563dad966c7a18e1a0886d.png

STTNG is arguably one of the greatest pinball machines of all time so similarities in the layout are no bad thing. Looks like a full on badass widebody to me and I'm looking foward to getting my LE at some point. When it does it arrive it will be my first NIB.

This is pinball though and things take time so its ready when its ready as far as I'm concerned, it just needs to be a banging game. I reckon we'll see the first standards at the back end of the year (hopefully in time for the NLP) but I don't expect the LE until this time next year! If it happens before then than happy days. :)

Go to 9:45 for Alien stuff.

Think it's fair to say this pin is going to sound amazing! The film choice screens create an atmosphere before you even plunge the ball.

Are the fasteners, nuts/bolts etc, metric or American sizes? Just thinking you'd have to replicate your pinball toolkit if Heighway's going metric.

Thats it could not hold back any longer and reserved LE number 93. Maybe the yes or no that has been haunting me will now go away.

Who else wants to admit they are in and what is your number?

So looks like some people have had their deposits taken for Aliens so we cant be that far off now

So looks like some people have had their deposits taken for Aliens so we cant be that far off now

Deposits were taken ages ago, with payments then structured around production (further 50% I think) which have been fore-warned so people can plan. I spoke with Andrew today and he was clear that he was just ensuring people were prepared.

I also saw the Alien head toy in action and it was top notch (I've never seen Alien so I'm not sure what the head thing is called)

Would it work out cheaper by credit card or by finance ?

I'd always go credit card 0% if I had to consider finance, that way you're covered if goods don't materialise (I'm not suggesting they wont here, I mean for any larger purchase that's pre-ordered)

Wow - that's a fairly damning post. My favourite response was the call for people to 'unbunch their panties' - whatever that means

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who knows? Hopefully if there is a full reveal of the machine at the US show this month + people actually start receiving their machines then all of this will go away.

The pre-pay model is not for the faint hearted is it? Throw a load of cash at something and wait years to see if it comes out. I stupidly did it twice and never will again.

Guess we will all find out in the near future.

Who knows for sure? Maybe he has a legitimate beef and also maybe not. This drama entertains us all but probably makes Andy Heighway's hair turn white - like him or not (I do) he had the balls to start up a pinball company and is on his second game, the first one being generally well received (just watch Bowen raving about it in his tutorial video if you don't believe me) and the second one having a killer theme.

I hope he knocks it out of the park and is the smash hit of Expo.

Back
Top Bottom