What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Playfield Art

From what i have seen, this looks great. Awesome theme.

If heighway reads this thread ...

MAKE SURE THE FACE HUGGER SLINGSHOTS ARE ROBUST.

Perhaps reinforce them with wire in the legs or something

Remember that the prototypes of scared stiff had this arrangement. One of the reasons why the dancing boogiemen were dropped from the production games was that they snapped, fell off, arms fell off etc blocking the ball trough and ceasing gameplay

They could just be made rubbery like the aliens on AFM/RFM, they won't break even if hit hard with a ball then.

theme awesome . game layout looks good (well its ST TNG tbh) . but what advantage Andy and team have here is the price. surely of the new releases this has far more bang for buck?

As far as i can tell from that promo vid, Andy has the competition smoked. The JJP3 machine 'Dialed in' looks like my Dads idea of what 21st century 'young folk' get up to. Its beyond a joke, but then, those HD pics of Pat Lawlor look eerily similar to my beloved ol' pops, so it may yet get a pass. EDIT *Changed my mind a bit after watching the vid of the gameplay. Looks a lot better than its theme suggests*

The Batman 66 games was always going to be a reskinned BTDK with some fancy bits added to draw in the magpies among us. You just know someone will reskin their BTDK in 66 livery and mod it death to look the same as 66 for much less. The mod makers must be buzzing right now.

American Pinball are dead to me so anything they make will be nothing more than a passing thought whilst i drain the main vein. That said, if they managed to get a Houdini to suddenly appear in my living room in a cloud of purple smoke, they too may also get a pass. They'd get it back only after i lay a cleveland steamer in the coin box for hiring that ape JFLOP.

Last edited:
That looks really good, well done to Andy and crew.

I haven't seen any of the movies but I like the look of it, some good sounds etc (assuming from the movies?)

Yeah, I did watch a bit of one of them a right few years ago when it was on around Christmas, didn't see what the fuss was about and went and did something else. Might get around to watching them someday, after all i did watch the empire strikes back and return of the jedi this year so I would be up to speed for the new Star wars movie..

I have been on the Aliens Encounter at Disney if that counts ?

That looks great, really captures the feel of the movies and it's not even finished yet. Going to deffo be one best enjoyed with the lights off!

I'm really not a fan of those cabs, they make the game looks super cheap.

Just reminds me of this

www.toysrus.com_graphics_product_images_pTRU1_20765707enh_z6.jpg

Apart from that the actually game looks good, I'm a massive Alien fan so can't wait to get a go of this.

I agree (the backbox). I recall this being fed back to Andy at shows and on here by many prior to Full Throttle coming out. It's a shame he didn't change it cos. this game looks great otherwise.

I'd have one if I had the cash infact I nearly took out there payment plan at the party. Prob just as well I didn't with redundancies at my place ATM

Reactions: JT.
The version I played had a head phone socket hanging out the coin return so I'd say not at the moment

Back
Top Bottom