What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Oh I dont have 3D printer ill see if a mate can sort but ill give mine a whirl once ive fitted the tracker hopefully tonite

Col

Oh I dont have 3D printer ill see if a mate can sort but ill give mine a whirl once ive fitted the tracker hopefully tonite

Col
If you can't print it, let me know and i'll get my mate to print you one and will post it to you.

Heres an interesting one! Whilst playing last night the alien tongue came out randomly (not in ambush mode) but the jaw was not open. The rod jammed into the mouth and was grinding repeatedly until i powered it off v fast and rebooted. Another 1 for the bug list.

alien tongue bug - 1.jpeg

Also i'm not sure how only having 1 log file that erases itself at boot up is gonna help report things.

Looking forward to v2.7 which should be coming soon i hear :)

Heres an interesting one! Whilst playing last night the alien tongue came out randomly (not in ambush mode) but the jaw was not open. The rod jammed into the mouth and was grinding repeatedly until i powered it off v fast and rebooted. Another 1 for the bug list.

View attachment 171926

Also i'm not sure how only having 1 log file that erases itself at boot up is gonna help report things.

Looking forward to v2.7 which should be coming soon i hear :)
That happened to me a couple of times at boot up Jim! But seems to resolve as soon as fully initialises 👍

If you can't print it, let me know and i'll get my mate to print you one and will post it to you.
Ok I’ve had around 20 games numerous Multi balls and I’ve not had one ball not go down the intended path.
I’ll keep eye on it and see how it goes for now.

Scott, do you think you might do a vid, possibly on @Gonzo 's channel re; what you think of the LV vs SV versions?; would ve interested to hear your thoughts on both if the extras are worth it+ if the current pins are better made than the proto you had and anything to look out for?

Also, has anything used one of these for a topper yet?
aqhead20.jpg
Not currently in the market for an Alien ,but being such an Alien(s) fan I've owned one of these heads for years.
Cheers,
Den

Scott, do you think you might do a vid, possibly on @Gonzo 's channel re; what you think of the LV vs SV versions?; would ve interested to hear your thoughts on both if the extras are worth it+ if the current pins are better made than the proto you had and anything to look out for?

View attachment 172001
Not currently in the market for an Alien ,but being such an Alien(s) fan I've owned one of these heads for years.
Cheers,
Den
Stick in in a box named "pinball topper" and someone off pinside will buy it off you for 5k :)

View attachment 172001
Cheers,
Den

Sure, I think @Gonzo was planning a visit when BSD was finished.

Happy to do one earlier if he's not bored of me by now 😂

View attachment 172001
Cheers,
Den
I used something similar when I had an Alien…

7CA7A800-F207-43C9-A933-1FDDA476FD5D.png

I see RETROCENGO on YouTube wont play his LV because he is going to install a playfield protector. Is that what you have done? Did you do anything before playing it once you checked it out? Waxing for example?
Never had a NIB and interested to know, Ta.

I see RETROCENGO on YouTube wont play his LV because he is going to install a playfield protector. Is that what you have done? Did you do anything before playing it once you checked it out? Waxing for example?

He put one on as it dimples.

Playfield protectors will stop that from happening but honestly I stopped caring about dimpling months ago. All new pins do it.

The clear coat just naturally dents from ball drops. It doesn't affect ball play.

Sure a playfield looks better with a protector on but you will need to change them often.

I'll be putting one on BSD only due to the playfield being one of only 2 out there like it. So I'll want to preserve it from multiple ball plays during the show. It will be coming off after the show though.

Classic pinball moment last night....

Ball 1, 73 mil, 4 of 5 modes form alien completed, 3 multiball modes completed. Thinking i could be on for a new grand champ here.. then went into scoop and locked up!! lol

Still don't see how you can report bugs if you have to download the logs after the game locks up, because the service buttons fail to work and logs seem to be erased on reboot!! doh...

Also in other news, this, new GC score :)

EA573D19-6D2F-41A2-A5B2-EC32EE5796BB.jpeg

Had loads of nib games, never installed a playfield protector on any on them, or any other game in the last 30 years either. Waste of time in my view :)

Whilst I'm here I have 2x playfield protectors that came with my OG alien. I'll keep one incase I ever sell which is very unlikely but the other one is up for grabs for postage if anyone wants it. Now this is the OG Heighway alien so might be worth some investigating that it will fit, it might also need tweaking as there's a few changes on the PB version but it's there if anyone wants it....

Classic pinball moment last night....

Ball 1, 73 mil, 4 of 5 modes form alien completed, 3 multiball modes completed. Thinking i could be on for a new grand champ here.. then went into scoop and locked up!! lol

Still don't see how you can report bugs if you have to download the logs after the game locks up, because the service buttons fail to work and logs seem to be erased on reboot!! doh...

Also in other news, this, new GC score :)

View attachment 172020

Now that's interesting. I used to have this bug with my old SV.

A lot of the faults on that one however were down to Electro-Magnetic Interferance. They were using a lot of unshielded cables back then and just moving wires away from coils lessened the issue.

Out of interest when you had this issue did you have Ambush and Sentry MB up?

@myPinballs found the old video.

Last game I had before the SV left the building.

Balls stuck in the scoop and the switch matrix had locked up.

This was back on 2.4. I suspect some bugs are still in the code causing your game to lock up. For me it happened to me when the egg pop bumpers were hit a lot.

Specifically seemed to happen more with Ambush and Sentry MB up.

So far on this new LV I've had zero lock ups.

However I suck at the game and can only manage about 135 mill.

Scott

@myPinballs found the old video.

Last game I had before the SV left the building.

Balls stuck in the scoop and the switch matrix had locked up.

This was back on 2.4. I suspect some bugs are still in the code causing your game to lock up. For me it happened to me when the egg pop bumpers were hit a lot.

Specifically seemed to happen more with Ambush and Sentry MB up.

So far on this new LV I've had zero lock ups.

However I suck at the game and can only manage about 135 mill.

Scott

Yeah i've played around 100 games so far and only had a couple of lockups , maybe 3. It feels like software issues to me rather than anything else. When it locked up in the scoop was just in normal play single ball. etc. Never happened before so no biggy. Been reporting these things to pb so they have the info and videos etc.

Regarding ambush and sentry guns. I alway feel ****ed off with myself if i dont queue these both up for stacking before i start!!

:)

I have now had 2 occasions when the Xeno Tongue keep hold of the ball and takes it back into its mouth!

I have now checked and the balls are not magnetised so I assume the correct ones are fitted.

Wondering if anyone had this happen.

Col

Last edited:
Ok, so rightly or wrongly I have joined the club! Hadfield’s dropped it off from PH this week, box a bit damaged and a small scratch to one of the legs which PH pointed out before delivery and 2 new legs arrived next day, so far so good.
It was delivered to my garage, to get it into my games room it has to be elevated and a door removed and the gap is 28” the machine is 27” wide. Next day the old back went. Today I unboxed it to check for damage and all seems Ok.
Now it has to stay where it is till I get some help after the bank holiday, I dare not attempt to move it myself as I will scratch it an break it and do my back in completely, sorely tempted to have a go…………… To be continued.

Attachments

• 456580F0-2176-4EC3-8F98-1576E960D3C8.jpeg
    456580F0-2176-4EC3-8F98-1576E960D3C8.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 15
Ok, so rightly or wrongly I have joined the club! Hadfield’s dropped it off from PH this week, box a bit damaged and a small scratch to one of the legs which PH pointed out before delivery and 2 new legs arrived next day, so far so good.
It was delivered to my garage, to get it into my games room it has to be elevated and a door removed and the gap is 28” the machine is 27” wide. Next day the old back went. Today I unboxed it to check for damage and all seems Ok.
Now it has to stay where it is till I get some help after the bank holiday, I dare not attempt to move it myself as I will scratch it an break it and do my back in completely, sorely tempted to have a go…………… To be continued.
Sorry to hear about your back. This ones quite back heavy due to the Xenomorph mech. Definitely don't do it on your own if your back is playing up!

Sorry to hear about your back. This ones quite back heavy due to the Xenomorph mech. Definitely don't do it on your own if your back is playing up!
Thanks for the advice. Not confident doing it on my own even if fit tbh, I will have to be patient.

Might not have been the damaged box for the scratched legs. I had a scratch on one of my legs to and seems to be how they pack the legs with out any padding in the top of the box so they can bang/rub together.. Got some new ones sent to.

Not sure why they didnt just pack them like stern do down the corners of the box in tubes. Works perfectly every time!

Ok, It’s up and running, had a quick game or 2, got told off coz it was at 25 on volume Factory set.
No manual?
Is there a film over the side art blades? What about rear?
Any do’s and don’ts before I get going, not had a NIB before.
Game looks beautiful and feels solid, flippers seem a bit weak.
Early days yet but happy so far.

Attachments

• 9BE011E3-18C8-49FE-82F0-00D1B8422BEB.jpeg
    9BE011E3-18C8-49FE-82F0-00D1B8422BEB.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
Ok, It’s up and running, had a quick game or 2, got told off coz it was at 25 on volume Factory set.
No manual?
I increased my flipper power to +35% on the lower flippers, +15% on the upper ones

No manual?

Yes adjust the power on the flippers of you find them weak. It's easy enough to increase in the settings.

Yes, there is film on the side blades, you'll need to remove them.

Nothing on the rear, at least not on mine.

Check over the APC targets make sure they drop and reset OK.

You may also need to adjust the scoop as others have found it more often than not that it was set to funnel back SDTM.

Adjust the kick out power of the mystery shot, it can come out quite quick. Lower it.

You should invest the time in putting Cols plastics they really help diffuse the light (see my video).

You will find skinny targets don't have their RGB connectors plugged in. This is intentional pending a software update to add functionality.

Lastly enjoy!

A tip

Use flippers at the start before ball launch to choose between Alien and Aliens.

Use launch button to activate weapons you have collected by hitting the skinny targets.

Shotgun activates 2 xenomorph hits. If like me you suck at pinball you can use it as a ball save.

Essentially when the game informs you, you have two or less hits on the Xeno. Just as you know your about to ball drain hit the launch button and the game will go into Ambush MB negating a lost ball.

Yes adjust the power on the flippers of you find them weak. It's easy enough to increase in the settings.

Yes, there is film on the side blades, you'll need to remove them.

Nothing on the rear, at least not on mine.

Check over the APC targets make sure they drop and reset OK.

You may also need to adjust the scoop as others have found it more often than not that it was set to funnel back SDTM.

Adjust the kick out power of the mystery shot, it can come out quite quick. Lower it.

You should invest the time in putting Cols plastics they really help diffuse the light (see my video).

You will find skinny targets don't have their RGB connectors plugged in. This is intentional pending a software update to add functionality.

Lastly enjoy!

A tip

Use flippers at the start before ball launch to choose between Alien and Aliens.

Use launch button to activate weapons you have collected by hitting the skinny targets.

Shotgun activates 2 xenomorph hits. If like me you suck at pinball you can use it as a ball save.

Essentially when the game informs you, you have two or less hits on the Xeno. Just as you know your about to ball drain hit the launch button and the game will go into Ambush MB negating a lost ball.
Thanks, great advice, just gotta find some me time now

Back
Top Bottom