What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Another tip, try to stack sentry guns with ambush and also have a mode running before starting ambush. More points this way and you will complete modes easier :)

Ain’t got a clue what you are on about, lol, but I am sure I will work it out an revisit all your great advice.

Well I wish PB would send out notifications to registered owners on their site about updates!!

Just saw this!!

Well I wish PB would send out notifications to registered owners on their site about updates!!

Just saw this!!

Well they listened!

- "Debug Report" now saves messages across reboots

No rgb target lamp control yet though

Hmmm…..finally got around to having half an hour on the new machine, took a couple of reboots to get the main screen on. A couple of games in, the LHS flipper dropped down. No time to check right now but hoping it is an easy adjustment or re-alignment. Its a bit annoying because atm time is limited and a coffee break and my first half hour, I was really looking forward to get a few decent games in.
I would be grateful if one of you would let me know if it is indeed an easy fix.
Ta.

Attachments

• 2102DFDA-38A9-4C41-B62E-D181D1B6776D.jpeg
    2102DFDA-38A9-4C41-B62E-D181D1B6776D.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 15
Tom,

Looking back in the thread, I see that the flipper assemblies are similar to Williams, DE, etc. The plastic flipper's attached to a metal shaft, clamped into a metal 'pawl' or linkage, which also has the coil plunger connected using the grey link. This problem is likely to be the clamping nut having come slightly loose, or the plastic flipper coming loose from the shaft. Hopefully the former. Lift the playfield, and move the flipper manually to see if it can be 'adjusted' back upwards. Look if there's any movement of the shaft in the pawl, if it's clamped tight and doesn't move the flipper may be able to rotate on the shaft.

Tom,

Looking back in the thread, I see that the flipper assemblies are similar to Williams, DE, etc. The plastic flipper's attached to a metal shaft, clamped into a metal 'pawl' or linkage, which also has the coil plunger connected using the grey link. This problem is likely to be the clamping nut having come slightly loose, or the plastic flipper coming loose from the shaft. Hopefully the former. Lift the playfield, and move the flipper manually to see if it can be 'adjusted' back upwards. Look if there's any movement of the shaft in the pawl, if it's clamped tight and doesn't move the flipper may be able to rotate on the shaft.
Cheers Jay, done that, managed to ease the flipper back to where it should be and got a quarter Turn on lock nut, let’s see how it goes. Nice one.

Bit concerned at having to boot it more than once. Pinball Bros. Logo comes up and then blank.
Game starts and plays but no screen.

Started on a few things to spruce up my Aliens Apron a little.

1st off replaced the pitiful Launch decal for something a little more suited with depth.
AFC39558-B16D-492E-83D2-268F77312344.jpeg
D3430914-8E52-4E74-9224-2ED6A55184DA.jpeg

Same deal with the center one adding a 3D layered effect.
F9451588-C31B-4F63-BEA8-ECD59C86BAB1.jpeg9E05C08A-5002-46CA-83DF-69F777E82C38.jpeg

Finally my signature Coindoor V1
D2A10BDA-6167-4EA0-BF7E-A0B54ECD04EF.jpeg
06A4EA57-E625-4040-B259-33342EC2C4BD.jpeg

Just DM if any interest

Definitely think the xeno lock is better in 2.7. Also maybe so on flipper strength /feel to

Added a usb extension lead to run from backbox computer to front of cab . Updates /debug capture much easier now :) you can run it down the lhs very neatly

I have some more if anyone needs one . Good quality cable that I use on stern spike games to

8D7A539B-CDCF-45D6-A464-F7FB7E897BE4.jpeg58FA5CA3-4D05-4FFA-8EA0-3F99BE021035.jpeg79212476-C3F9-4800-9789-4B9D279655F4.jpeg

I’ve just installed 2.7 but the ball still sits in the mouth on occasions however if it cycles it now kinda throws the ball at you using the magnet to propel it.
Magnet at the upper right flipper reacts better to hold for a shot.
FYI I went from 2.5 -2.7 skipping 2.6 altogether.

Guys - I have an Alien in the workshop at the moment.
It is on 2.4 and I need to get the software updated.
Downloaded the .upd file but it is tiny in size (396kb).
Is this the proper file?
Is 2.7 the latest?
Ta
Dock.

My first mod for alien

I have created a lane guide extender to sort out what i believe is a bit of cow up with the newer chestburster lane proximity sensor positioning.

Improvements by using this are that the magnet will grab the ball every time it is supposed to from a downwards lane ball movement and also register a chestburster progress slot on save newt properly.

The problem appears to be that when the lane proximity sensor was added they put it too far too the right which meant that the ball could sneak past sometimes down eh lhs and not register. This lane extender helps solve that problem

If anyone wants to try this out drop me a pm. the second part of this project will be to make a full lane guide replacement with this piece included for the lower jet area. Colour will be clear. I have just used white for prototyping purposes.

chest burster lane switch issues.jpegIMG_3750.JPGIMG_3752.JPGIMG_3756.JPGIMG_3757.JPG

Full replacement guide ready to test. Literally 2 screws to remove to replace.

Had a few more games earlier with the prototype extenders. Got Hyper Sleep MB and Sentry Guns together for the first time. Was great :)

IMG_3785.JPG

Anyone else having issues with drop targets resetting.
From what I can tell the targets are made of 90% jelly. The reset plunger has so much slop in the coil sleeve it’s not pulling up straight and true and every ten games you have to tear the mech apart to free it all up! Some kind of jig on the bracket to keep the coil plunger true would be great.

This game however is epic!!

From what I can tell the targets are made of 90% jelly. The reset plunger has so much slop in the coil sleeve it’s not pulling up straight and true and every ten games you have to tear the mech apart to free it all up! Some kind of jig on the bracket to keep the coil plunger true would be great.

Mine was binding where the lift plate meets the back of the bracket. Which meant it got stuck and targets then wouldn’t drop properly. Adjusted it and been fine since

I had to get mine replaced. They arrived with issues where one target just wouldn't reset.

New mech had a slightly altered design. See picture.

You can file a support ticket on their website and they'll send you a new mech if you have issues.

Scott

I had to get mine replaced. They arrived with issues where one target just wouldn't reset.

New mech had a slightly altered design. See picture.

You can file a support ticket on their website and they'll send you a new mech if you have issues.

Scott
Ahhhh sweet. Cheers Scott. Will do

C041011B-88F5-46EA-8EEA-67120D9A8D90.jpeg
Now avaialbe to buy, £20 plus vat and shipping, 5 min swap over, lifetime of frustration relief!! :)

PM me if you want one. May investigate Nylon and ABS versions later to.

New code out v2.8 😎🥳👍🏻

ALIEN 2.8

13 August 2022

Changes since version 2.7:

• Fix a crash that would occur if the connection to the master controller went down while the xenomorph jaw was moving.
  • Fix large audits (e.g. number of left flippers). These were not being counted or displayed properly when the value became too high.
  • Fix a crash when the firmware reported a switch number out of the expected range.
  • Fix crash that could occur when many log messages were being written simultaneously. This has been observed to occur when several multiballs are stacked.
  • Add more timestamps into the log files to help with problem analysis.
  • Fix black bar from sometimes appearing on the screen when going into test mode.
  • Improve communications between the game code and the master controller.
  • Remove code that shuts off the up-posts when either top lane is made. Spurious closures of these switches was causing unexpectedly short post times.
  • Change right up post to fire on either left (inner) loop switch, instead of requiring both of them. This should catch more balls on a fast loop shot.
  • Delay the Ambush start lamp effect slightly to allow more time for the magnet grab command to execute.
  • Fix handling of ball devices when they give up trying to kick out a ball.
  • Credits message now goes away faster when credits are added during a game.
  • Correct center magnet timing one more time.

HI all, can you help with this issue. I had a ball get stuck behind XENO head, easy enough to free up, but now the message attached comes up. Any ideas? The game may or may not start and stop after a few seconds. I hope someone can advise.
Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• 75D0B54A-D417-4E13-858B-384E1B719738.jpeg
    75D0B54A-D417-4E13-858B-384E1B719738.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 30
HI all, can you help with this issue. I had a ball get stuck behind XENO head, easy enough to free up, but now the message attached comes up. Any ideas? The game may or may not start and stop after a few seconds. I hope someone can advise.
Thanks, Tom
Check the usb cables to the computer up in the backbox didnt get pulled out or come loose

Moving my alien game down too the basement, which requires a full head off playfield out disassembly. Always fun to dismantle a new game and one you've not seen before tech wise. The more i look into the build of this game the more i like it. Really nice hardware boxes in metal cases, neat wiring and the cab is nicely made to

So far its not been too bad. Not that many cables to unplug tho get the head off. the only gripe is the lv beacon cables are plugged into he cabinet 'node' box and the cables are cabled tied to the loom on both sides so you have to cut the ties to seeeprate the wires before you can unplug and remove the head. Abit messy but not that bad.

More progress tomorrow!!

IMG_4125.JPG

Send pinball brother s a ticket request if Jim’s suggestion doesn’t work
Overall I am not that impressed with the game but I am super impressed with the customer support my ticket was answered almost instantly

Back
Top Bottom