What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Despite my missing opto, i've pout some time on it and have to say i'm really loving it. The game adn modes are great.

Had to adjust a few more thing inc all 4 flippers and out the strength at +40% so its easier to make the orbit shots. Once i did this it made the feed to the upper right flipper and the hyper sleep lock shot alot easier. Had that multiball a few times now. Feel great when you nail that shot

High score so far (factory settings, other than 12sec ball save):

DA034673-D4AD-4A60-833E-7E5DD379306F.jpeg

A few thing is think need tweaking software wise are:

1) quicker autolaunch on ball saves/multiball launches
2) movable upper lanes lamps
3) speed up/cancel option on animations for mode start/mystery awards
4) improve catch logic of right flipper magnet
5) upper right life cycle lamp doesnt always light

Despite my missing opto, i've pout some time on it and have to say i'm really loving it. The game adn modes are great.

Had to adjust a few more thing inc all 4 flippers and out the strength at +40% so its easier to make the orbit shots. Once i did this it made the feed to the upper right flipper and the hyper sleep lock shot alot easier. Had that multiball a few times now. Feel great when you nail that shot

High score so far (factory settings, other than 12sec ball save):

View attachment 169778

A few thing is think need tweaking software wise are:

1) quicker autolaunch on ball saves/multiball launches
2) movable upper lanes lamps
3) speed up/cancel option on animations for mode start/mystery awards
4) improve catch logic of right flipper magnet
5) upper right life cycle lamp doesnt always light
Out of interest do you have issues with your reverse loop ramp?

Sometimes I hit the ball and it flies out and over the wire form!

Didn't do it on my SV, could be pitch related.

What pitch are you running at?

Out of interest do you have issues with your reverse loop ramp?

Sometimes I hit the ball and it flies out and over the wire form!

Didn't do it on my SV, could be pitch related.

What pitch are you running at?

Yep, happens on mine, and also sometimes goes up and back down, could do with a 1 way gate on it.

My pitch is 6.5 degs, taken in the middle of the playfield.

Yep, happens on mine, and also sometimes goes up and back down, could do with a 1 way gate on it.

My pitch is 6.5 degs, taken in the middle of the playfield.
Hmm, I have noticed the flipper mechs were changed from previous designs, however you said you increased the flipper strength? I was going to lower it!

Maybe I'll just adjust the left flipper?

Hmm, I have noticed the flipper mechs were changed from previous designs, however you said you increased the flipper strength? I was going to lower it!

Maybe I'll just adjust the left flipper?

I had to adjust all 4 flipper mechs as they were all too tight to the bushing. No gap whatsoever. As we all know williams had a flipper gap tool, so pinball brothers should use them!!!

Without adjusting the strength upwards (and also hard rebooting like 3 times) the flippers felt weak and the orbit shots were not makable as they are on the end of the flipper.

Have you got your parts yet? what did you get sent??

I had to adjust all 4 flipper mechs as they were all too tight to the bushing. No gap whatsoever. As we all know williams had a flipper gap tool, so pinball brothers should use them!!!

Without adjusting the strength upwards (and also hard rebooting like 3 times) the flippers felt weak and the orbit shots were not makable as they are on the end of the flipper.

Have you got your parts yet? what did you get sent??
Yup parts arrived.

They sent a full pop bumper mech so I don't even need to change the coil. Just unscrew and replace which is nice.

The same with the drop target mech.

I just need to fit them. I'm currently trying to organise all my stuff. Man I need shelves...

Ok I got most of the room cleaned so got to work on replacing the parts and @Vimtoman motion tracker. Was a bit surreal following my own pictures from the manual 9 months ago 🤣

PXL_20220510_202601307.jpg

PXL_20220510_202604042.jpg

PXL_20220510_202759345.jpg

PXL_20220510_202904450.jpg

PXL_20220510_205402593.jpg

Had to clear some crap off the inside of the mini screen too...
PXL_20220510_214748888.jpg

They shipped with a mangled sticker so I asked for a new one.

PXL_20220503_170808867.jpg

PXL_20220510_221732897.jpg

PXL_20220510_221756781.jpg

This is my favourite mod.

PXL_20220510_221920474.jpg

PXL_20220510_222815994.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220510_222109069.jpg
    PXL_20220510_222109069.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20220510_204744111.jpg
    PXL_20220510_204744111.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 16
Ok I got most of the room cleaned so got to work on replacing the parts and @Vimtoman motion tracker. Was a bit surreal following my own pictures from the manual 9 months ago 🤣

View attachment 169896

View attachment 169897

View attachment 169898

View attachment 169899

View attachment 169901

Had to clear some crap off the inside of the mini screen too...
View attachment 169902

They shipped with a mangled sticker so I asked for a new one.

View attachment 169908

View attachment 169903

View attachment 169904

This is my favourite mod.

View attachment 169905

View attachment 169907
This is a fascinating thread, I would really like an LV or an SV, I have no idea of availability and was looking to offer my TWD LE as a P/X for one, but…… should you be having all these issues? Does the warranty not cover the repairs and should an engineer not be deployed for such a new and expensive piece of kit? You are obviously technical but are all new owners? I doubt it. I have never owned a NIB but is this the norm? Thanks, Tom

This is a fascinating thread, I would really like an LV or an SV, I have no idea of availability and was looking to offer my TWD LE as a P/X for one, but…… should you be having all these issues? Does the warranty not cover the repairs and should an engineer not be deployed for such a new and expensive piece of kit? You are obviously technical but are all new owners? I doubt it. I have never owned a NIB but is this the norm? Thanks, Tom
I should absolutely clarify here. That me going straight to Pinball Brothers Support is NOT the norm. You should always work through your distributor who will install and replace parts for you as part of the service.
Mypinballs is a professional and also knows way more than I do, so again he's going to just resolve theses issues direct himself.

NIB machines suffer from issues all the time.

My GnR has a dead magnet coil on the loop magnet and its a very common/known problem and has a very high failure rate.

Stern's have been shipped with failed node boards and LED PCB's, just read the Stern Enthusiast pages on FB someone got a Deadpool recently with faulty/non working lights on their playfield.

I reach out to Pinball Brothers direct because:

1. I have an existing relationship with them over the prototype SV, they know me they know I know what i'm doing and just let me get on with part replacement.
2. I'm impaitient I'm not going to wait for engineer availiability to resolve my issue when I can just resolve the issues myself.

Just remember, NIB doesn't mean free of faults. It should but honestly the first owner is likely the person to resolve all the bugs and await code updates etc for problems to be fixed.

P.S. That Walking Dead LE is on my hit list. if you ever still have it come the end of the year you let me know ;)

I should absolutely clarify here. That me going straight to Pinball Brothers Support is NOT the norm. You should always work through your distributor who will install and replace parts for you as part of the service.
Mypinballs is a professional and also knows way more than I do, so again he's going to just resolve theses issues direct himself.

My GnR has a dead magnet coil on the loop magnet and its a very common/known problem and has a very high failure rate.

Stern's have been shipped with failed node boards and LED PCB's, just read the Stern Enthusiast pages on FB someone got a Deadpool recently with faulty/non working lights on their playfield.

1. I have an existing relationship with them over the prototype SV, they know me they know I know what i'm doing and just let me get on with part replacement.
2. I'm impaitient I'm not going to wait for engineer availiability to resolve my issue when I can just resolve the issues myself.

Just remember, NIB doesn't mean free of faults. It should but honestly the first owner is likely the person to resolve all the bugs and await code updates etc for problems to be fixed.

P.S. That Walking Dead LE is on my hit list. if you ever still have it come the end of the year you let me know ;)
Ahh ok now I get it, thanks for explaining.
In the current market state I would only trade - p/x my TWD LE so if you fall out of love with LV let me know
Cheers, tom

Pretty good summary. I have no problem working on tweaking things as everyone knows, but even i am alittle annoyed by the things that need sorting out of the box. Never had a stern where you cant play properly though i know others have had. I think its just the way of modern manufacturing on low run mechanical heavy items.

It does beg the question as to the best way for non technical people to enjoy a nib alien. Maybe QA will improve , but at the mo you certainly would need somebody to 'flight check' it for you first.

The refreshing thing though is on the support side, getting answers and help within a few hours/24 max on issues really is a breath of fresh air. So used to the stern way which is wait and hope with no answers to anything !!

Did some more tweaking this morning.

Targets aren't secured through the plate by nuts which over time loosen and cause 'play' with the targets. One had already started to do this so added them on. You'd think they would add these...
PXL_20220514_104544936.jpg

PXL_20220514_105526605.jpg

Next up I removed the fugly launch button with this

PXL_20220514_105533878.jpg

Much better. 😁

I’m all sorted now and fully up and running. New opto set arrived and installed . Right ramp now working fine 😎👍🏻

Loving the game, really great modes and atmosphere. Sound, graphics, art all top notch

E130B5B5-2931-4D90-B5A0-5C622419B17A.jpeg
CCF4C2D0-529B-4F84-8056-FCD880D682EF.jpeg55E2A4BE-8FB2-469B-82F6-059F6C538443.jpeg

Last edited:
Also, i helped a friend out in the usa with a new SSD drive as he didn't want to wait for a replacement to ship across the atlantic so if anyone needs new ssd drives or a backup let me know, I have some.

I’m in the club as Aliens is finally here thanks to @scottydoesntknow.

First impressions on stuff I like.

Bearing in mind I have played the original and the temperamental PB one at pinfest I have to say this is the most atmospheric game I’ve played and even nicer in a controlled lighting environment at home.
Sounds and light show is really impressive. Quite a loaded pin with lots of nice shots that seem to flow really well.
Simple rules that are easy from the off, shown on screen with corresponding flashing target/lane/ramp ect.
If you like the theme you will absolutely love this if you don’t it’s still a decent game that doesn’t need a degree in mathematics to understand.
Couple of non pinhead mates had a few games and they kinda blown away and think it’s incredible.

Stuff I don’t dislike but feel kinda weird a little like JJP pins the flippers and strength don’t quite gel with me. Any ideas anyone or is it just me?
Ramps are a little dark and my flo protectors are not popping as much as I’d like. Maybe some carefully placed LEDs or Chuck a set of pinstadiums I have lying around doing nothing may fix this.
Black flipper bats are a little too much for me and I know it fits the theme but I’ll be chucking some hazard ones on like my RS ones. If nothing else it will remind my mates there is actually 4 bats as they will notice them 😂

Stuff planned
I’ve just took delivery of Andrew’s Tracker Mod which I will fit soon
Sort out the crap apron with my own engraved Laminates as well as Start button plaque and usual coindoor ones.
Rework and tweak my Full plastic set now I have it here and add a couple more.

Can anyone help with the following:
Is the LE shaker standard addon as I have a couple of Stern ones here.
Can I add my own beacons to integrate with the game or is that coded in the LE version only.
Any suggestions of must have mods albeit Scotty has put a few figures on it already.

Thx Col

E8A87B61-9288-4745-A373-215569230920.jpegC9DB7E79-BE77-48DC-AF6A-AAB2110C2C80.jpeg7005898D-442D-4D46-A18A-D4B9667162A0.jpeg0F51E380-57E3-4CC0-A9DB-7D60E7F03454.jpeg

I’m in the club as Aliens is finally here thanks to @scottydoesntknow.

First impressions on stuff I like.

Bearing in mind I have played the original and the temperamental PB one at pinfest I have to say this is the most atmospheric game I’ve played and even nicer in a controlled lighting environment at home.
Sounds and light show is really impressive. Quite a loaded pin with lots of nice shots that seem to flow really well.
Simple rules that are easy from the off, shown on screen with corresponding flashing target/lane/ramp ect.
If you like the theme you will absolutely love this if you don’t it’s still a decent game that doesn’t need a degree in mathematics to understand.
Couple of non pinhead mates had a few games and they kinda blown away and think it’s incredible.

Stuff I don’t dislike but feel kinda weird a little like JJP pins the flippers and strength don’t quite gel with me. Any ideas anyone or is it just me?
Ramps are a little dark and my flo protectors are not popping as much as I’d like. Maybe some carefully placed LEDs or Chuck a set of pinstadiums I have lying around doing nothing may fix this.
Black flipper bats are a little too much for me and I know it fits the theme but I’ll be chucking some hazard ones on like my RS ones. If nothing else it will remind my mates there is actually 4 bats as they will notice them 😂

Stuff planned
I’ve just took delivery of Andrew’s Tracker Mod which I will fit soon
Sort out the crap apron with my own engraved Laminates as well as Start button plaque and usual coindoor ones.
Rework and tweak my Full plastic set now I have it here and add a couple more.

Can I add my own beacons to integrate with the game or is that coded in the LE version only.
Any suggestions of must have mods albeit Scotty has put a few figures on it already.

Thx Col

View attachment 171134View attachment 171135View attachment 171136View attachment 171137

Welcome aboard col. If you want any LE info then let me know. The LE is abit brighter and easier to see whats going on with the side panel lights. I think the lighting on mine is pretty much perfect. :)

Shaker turns on at power on on Les currently for a sec !!!, so you are avoiding that heart attack item, but it is a nice add on. Think it needs more software integration though. Let me know what you want me to have a look at connection wise.

Thx Col

Hey Col,

Welcome to the fun marine!

So a shaker motor is being released for the SV. Looking at mine it looks nothing like a stern. I'll grab a picture later.

I'll be honest it doesn't add much to the game. The Sub on the machine does a lot of the work for you so hard to say if you should spend out on it TBH.

Regarding the flippers since the prototype I had (Pinfest one) they improved the flipper buttons. The leafs now in use feel better when before the buttons were super loose feeling.

I'll agree they aren't Bally quality but it's a step up trust me.

Don't do pinstandiums on this pin, you'll wash it out. I think your protectors and some well places LED's to difuse the light go a long way on this pin.

Regarding the beacons, on pinside a group of individuals have already made a new beacon set and a full metal apron. I was on the initial list way back but pulled out when the SV was let go.

They have stated they won't release a topper for the SV's (yet) I imagine they may re-consider once all the LV's have been built and and shipped.

Beacons definitely add some extra atmosphere.

The Apron wasn't cheap I think it was $1000 and the topper they made added another $200 on top. Might be worth reaching out, just to make your own?

SV code and LV code are currently different with extra code added for the Shaker and Topper as well as the soon to be released RGB target update.

Cheers,

Scott

Played alot on my game over the weekend. Really enjoying it and getting into how to shoot the modes, starting to remember now how the playfield shot layout works.

latest scores (3 ball factory, 2 eb replay levels, 12 sec ball save)

D51F7180-E241-4FD1-9EF5-E01111E94871.jpeg

Now on to some adjustment/hardware discussion regarding eddy switches.

I am seeing repeated missed shots on certain places. I will try to explain in more detail below.

1) Upper right lane (chest buster lifecycle shot)

IMG_2966.jpeg

The shot works ok if the ball moves on the red line, but on the yellow line it is missed. Also if the shot is very fast on the red line it is missed. Purple circle indicates sensor position on pcb/playfield.

2) upper left inner loop (Super jackpot shot)

IMG_2972.jpeg

A fast shot on the red line misses the shot. A shot on the yellow line does not award the inner loop shot. (Is this correct?) Seems a bit harsh.

I have tried to adjust the board for the upper right lane switch/eddy sensor but there is no adjustment on the pcbs. There are just screw holes with no tolerence. Also to me it seems like the sensor is in the wrong place really, it should be lower on the lane nearer the magnet/flipper end.

I am wondering if they need to make a firmware update to allow better detection on fast shots?? I think i also saw it on a fast drain down the left outlane. Any other owners see these switch problems?

Software Bugs (newly found)
2 balls drained together down the left outline during sentry guns and the ball saver was on. Only 1 ball was returned and the mode was ended.

So, my list of tweaks/bugs & notes so far software wise

-------

2 lock up crashes - anyway to provide logs ??

Bugs/ Software feature tweaks

1. 2 balls drained together in sentry guns down left left outlane when ball save was on. only gave 1 ball back and ended mode
  2. Ball drained left left outlane on sentry guns lite was lit for save didn’t save and ended mode
  3. Inner left orbit shot misses shots if very fast shot especially on super jackpot but also on 3rd arrow shot for modes - maybe firmware update needed or software bug?
  4. Chest burster shot doesn’t always award lifecycle even on easy seems abit random and direction of ball upwards doesn’t always award it .
  5. Upper right magnet doesn’t always catch ball for hyper sleep lock helper
  6. No flipper press to speed up /cancel animations
  7. No lane change (mentioned that was designed intentionally this way, maybe add adjustment option??)
  8. ‘Not bad for a human animation ‘ on low scores? Thought would be only used on Grand Champ and HS entry scores
  9. Improve the info not he mini display. Seems to just be showing closed airlock doors for quite long periods on the game. (unless i am just not looking at it when i should be!)
Other things/Ideas
  1. Jurassic Park Nedry ‘ah ah ah’ quote on tilt warning is cool and a nice easter Egg.
  2. Adding a bonus/extra feature/speech quote for left ramp, right ramp and then airlock scoop in a row would be nice. Extra award etc

Last edited:
So, my list of tweaks/bugs & notes so far software wise

-------

2 lock up crashes - anyway to provide logs ??

Bugs/ Software feature tweaks

1. 2 balls drained together in sentry guns down left left outlane when ball save was on. only gave 1 ball back and ended mode
  2. Ball drained left left outlane on sentry guns lite was lit for save didn’t save and ended mode
  3. Inner left orbit shot misses shots if very fast shot especially on super jackpot but also on 3rd arrow shot for modes - maybe firmware update needed or software bug?
  4. Chest burster shot doesn’t always award lifecycle even on easy seems abit random and direction of ball upwards doesn’t always award it .
  5. Upper right magnet doesn’t always catch ball for hyper sleep lock helper
  6. No flipper press to speed up /cancel animations
  7. No lane change (mentioned that was designed intentionally this way, maybe add adjustment option??)
  8. ‘Not bad for a human animation ‘ on low scores? Thought would be only used on Grand Champ and HS entry scores
Other things/Ideas
  1. Jurassic Park Nedry ‘ah ah ah’ quote on tilt warning is cool and a nice easter Egg.
  2. Adding a bonus/extra feature/speech quote for left ramp, right ramp and then airlock scoop in a row would be nice. Extra award etc
Yup you can plug into the usb port inside the back box and export the logs from the diagnostic menu. I was beta testing 2.2D through to I think G?

You can submit the logs via their service desk tickets.

Yup you can plug into the usb port inside the back box and export the logs from the diagnostic menu. I was beta testing 2.2D through to I think G?

You can submit the logs via their service desk tickets.

Cool, i'll give that a go. Are the logs saved in date order?

Cool, i'll give that a go. Are the logs saved in date order?
If I remember right it only records the last game played.

So it's best to capture a log after you experience the issue.

I could be wrong on this however.

Now I have an Alien in the house I’ve now sorted a couple of snag areas that needed addressing and all ready to go for the few that contacted me regarding a set.

Due to the large amount in the set (11 in total) and also the individual size and complexity of some of them they are priced accordingly

£85 a full set in any colour (I went acid green)
£70 a full set in clear for the purists who only want to protect there original ones without the pop.
Postage will be on top at cost (approx £5)

Should anyone prefer specific pieces ie. Combined Sling/guides ect. Just DM me.

Thanks Col

A7469186-1DE0-454F-BAF3-8B737E85153A.jpeg

Now I have an Alien in the house I’ve now sorted a couple of snag areas that needed addressing and all ready to go for the few that contacted me regarding a set.

Due to the large amount in the set (11 in total) and also the individual size and complexity of some of them they are priced accordingly

£85 a full set in any colour (I went acid green)
£70 a full set in clear for the purists who only want to protect there original ones without the pop.
Postage will be on top at cost (approx £5)

Should anyone prefer specific pieces ie. Combined Sling/guides ect. Just DM me.

Thanks Col

View attachment 171875
@Colywobbles I forget to mention to you with your slingshot plastics it adds extra height and sometimes the ball dropping now from a higher height can travel upwards and out into the out lane.

I worked with another guy to make a cheap 3D printed plastic chute. It works a charm and controls the ball as it drops. It fits the hole the plastic perfectly and requires no glueing etc. Just drop in and play!

stupiddrain.png

Link to 3D printed part:

Back
Top Bottom