What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Target 5 rgb lights will not work without this cable

PB says they are sending them to distributors to send out!! ****ing joke!! ‘Self assembly’ pinball 🤣

I’m making one myself to plug the gap whilst I wait fir the ‘official’ one 🙄🙄

Considering the cost of this game they really need to get their act together….
Is it the lights that are in 2 columns in the middle? I'm at work. But thinking about it I think they might be just white at present. Is that the problem and they should change colour?

Is it the lights that are in 2 columns in the middle? I'm at work. But thinking about it I think they might be just white at present. Is that the problem and they should change colour?
If you have an lv then the standup target bodies should all light up ie change colour with the v3.1 software . When you hit thrm in regular play they go red etc for weapons hits

I now have a working 5th target rgb lamp. :) One thing i noticed straight away though is the 5th lamp doesn't flash with the others at the skill shot ball start. Man, i wish they would check stuff. Works ok when you hit it, ie it lights up red.

If anyone needs the cables to make one of these that pb forgot to include then i have some. :)

IMG_5229.JPGIMG_5230.JPGIMG_5235.JPGIMG_5237.JPGIMG_5238.JPG

If you mean the firmware and software update then yes 100% this update has made such a difference to the flipper s and xenomorph it’s a game changer
Targets that’s down to personal preference

xeno is miles quieter with the latest updates and faster in and out. That's the same for all models afaik

flippers are better to , though i'm not sure if there are some differences for std owners here. The notes talk about 'staged' flippers and i'm not sure if there were some switch differences between models.

Installed latest code+firmware 👍🏻
Could only have a quick go, as my wife was watching TV 😏, but xeno seemed smoother.
Also, maybe it's just me,but I never noticed the footage of the saldaco(?) when left idle?
Video maybe looks a bit sharper too, but that might be me having my contacts in rather than glasses he he

Not sue of any difference with rgb standups; here's a vid of me playing on the old 3.0 code and my targets all seem to change colour (maybe not the one by RPC)

As a side note, is freeplay.se the only place to order parts from who deliver to the u.k?; the light in my right xeno target has gone (switch still works) and the replacements are currently out of stock.
(It's drfo just the led strip or whatever which has gone, as tested swapping the wires over with the left target and left still worked o.k)

Was saying in my for sale/trade ad,has friends over for nye and to my surprise they really got in to Alien and most were hitting shots like nobody's business, despite some never playing pinball before:)
For the final games of theittle tournament I did, I switched all the lights off so everyone could appreciate how amazing the lightshow is - has to be the coolest looking game out there.

ALIEN 3.2

February 7, 2023

Changes since version 3.1:

- Changed video initialization to address the black screen issue

on powerup.

- Added error checking to the xenomorph ball grab, so that if it does

not reach the home position within the expected time, it will try

again.

- Improved communications between game code and firmware when configuring

the center magnet hold time.

- Fixed bug where the center magnet may not be stopped while the

tongue is trying to pull the ball into the xenomorph.

- Added back "Magnet Capture Time" adjustment. Changing this should

not be required, but added back by request.

- Improved reliability of the firmware update function.

- Added the Ball Device Test. This allows you to test any ball holding

device (trough, hypersleep lock, etc.) and be able to pulse the coils

while seeing the switches at the same time. Use Up/Down buttons

to select a ball device; Enter to perform an action (release

1 ball, lock ball, empty); or Start to change the action.

- Fixed bug when starting Ambush via skill shot, which could cause the

next Ambush to require many more hits than necessary.

- Fixed the high score auto-reset adjustment when set to OFF. In some

cases, it was still resetting the high scores.

- Fixed a ball counting issue with the trough when a ball jam occurred

at a specific time during a ball release.

- Handled case when adjustment "Replay Award" was set to Extra Ball,

and "Max Extra Balls" was set to 0. Individually, each adjustment

works as advertised, but the combination of the two together would

cause a restart whenever a replay was achieved.

- Fixed adjusting the replay levels from their defaults.

- Stopped the knocker sound when high score credits are disabled.

- Renamed "System Update" function to "Game Update".

I ended up contacting PB and they sent me the missing cable ages ago. Have also had an email from Pinball Heaven a while back saying they have the cables and did I want one? But obviously I said no longer needed.

Just to say I have now changed most of the settings to easy, increased the flipper power and changed it to a 5 ball game.
It has transformed the game into a much more enjoyable ride. As I am now able to get further on with the levels and multi balls and the sounds get better and light show is better. For me, not being a great player, it has made all the difference.

It still has a problem with the back box screen not always starting though.

Hi
I am still on 2.7 went onto PB support to download 3.2 but when I click on file at bottom of page as instructed, nothing happens
There is no download to click on.
Ok I am a dinosaur and am sure there is way to do this, any help appreciated
Tom

Hi
I am still on 2.7 went onto PB support to download 3.2 but when I click on file at bottom of page as instructed, nothing happens
There is no download to click on.
Ok I am a dinosaur and am sure there is way to do this, any help appreciated
Tom
i have this update, i can share it with you

Managed to install 4.1 RIPLEY Code In my LV. The difference in the complete codes upgrade from 2.7 is great.
lt‘s almost like having a new game. If you haven’t upgraded yet, then I strongly recommend you do.
Or am I the only one who left it till now?

Managed to install 4.1 RIPLEY Code In my LV. The difference in the complete codes upgrade from 2.7 is great.
lt‘s almost like having a new game. If you haven’t upgraded yet, then I strongly recommend you do.
No I still need to do mine. Just waiting to finish with shopping it then that will be the last job to do. Can’t wait 👍🏻

Installed it a while ago. Indeed it makes a great difference. Fair play to PB as it's free and just goes to show how code can change a game.

Even with the new codes installed I still have to reboot the machine as the screen comes up blank On occasion.
Not sure if it is just my pin or if it’s an issue with others.
It does reboot ok but I guess one day it won’t?

Even with the new codes installed I still have to reboot the machine as the screen comes up blank On occasion.
Not sure if it is just my pin or if it’s an issue with others.
It does reboot ok but I guess one day it won’t?
Quite a lot of discussion regarding the blank screen boot over on Pinside. Not sure there's a "one size fits all" fix as yet, although I've not focused on the issue much.

Hi, I found this on my Alien LV Playfield around the upper left hand side flipper. Any idea where this is from?
Many Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 16
I now have a working 5th target rgb lamp. :) One thing i noticed straight away though is the 5th lamp doesn't flash with the others at the skill shot ball start. Man, i wish they would check stuff. Works ok when you hit it, ie it lights up red.

If anyone needs the cables to make one of these that pb forgot to include then i have some. :)

View attachment 189943View attachment 189944View attachment 189945View attachment 189946View attachment 189947
I have noticed my target 5 doesn’t light up and the cable is missing! I thought it just wasn’t supposed to - or reflect from the led behind. @myPinballs - do you still have a cable spare? (Over a year late I know). Thought it worth asking though. :)

I have noticed my target 5 doesn’t light up and the cable is missing! I thought it just wasn’t supposed to - or reflect from the led behind. @myPinballs - do you still have a cable spare? (Over a year late I know). Thought it worth asking though. :)
If you bought your game from Pinball Heaven then contact Phil. He has cables! Send him your serial number.

If you bought it used then see if you get him in a good mood.

I do 90% of the pinball heaven repairs on Pinball Brothers games.

Always keep the code up to date!!!!

If you bought your game from Pinball Heaven then contact Phil. He has cables! Send him your serial number.

If you bought it used then see if you get him in a good mood.

I do 90% of the pinball heaven repairs on Pinball Brothers games.

Always keep the code up to date!!!!
This is good to hear. I’m about to put an order through to update a few bits on the SV version. I am the third owner on this machine.

This is good to hear. I’m about to put an order through to update a few bits on the SV version. I am the third owner on this machine.
I've had my LV for a while. I contacted Pinball Brothers direct as at the time Pinball Heaven had still not had the cables to provide to people. Pinball Brothers have always been very helpful. My guess is they could send you the cable.

Hi everyone!

I'm now the proud owner of an Alien RV and have two questions:

1) Can you skip the Game Over sequence? According to PB they recon if you hold in both flipper buttons long enough, then it skips the sequence. But for me, it just doesn't work.
2) Although Ripley is now in several sequences, I can't find any Ripley call -outs. PB recon there are many. Have any owners here upgraded and heard the call-outs?

I have latest firmware (0.72) and gamecode (4.1.1 video and 4.10 game)

Cheers!

Goz

Back
Top Bottom