What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Send pinball brother s a ticket request if Jim’s suggestion doesn’t work
Overall I am not that impressed with the game but I am super impressed with the customer support my ticket was answered almost instantly
Hi Chris,
I unplugged and refitted everything in the back box and it is working now.
The whole machine did freeze during a game, I just Rebooted it and again it seems all good.
Will contact PB if needed cheers,
Tom

Its time for factory looking electronic mods :) ....

Sharing some info on the new playfield flasher mod that i am making. Will be available to other interested owners. (Will start a new thread for the progress on this over on pinside, like my other projects, but wanted to share here to for info).

Made a prototype setup of it today using the parts i had available whilst i wait for the first prototype pcbs to arrive. The flasher board is a modified and expanded design based the stern super bright double flasher board replacements that i have been making for a number of years. they use camera leds in them which give a really great flash.

The premise is 2 regular dome flashers (or maybe smaller curved top ones) mounted on a pcb that mounts on top of the airlock scoop display unit. They run in tandom from the lv output for the beacons flashers, so you can get some flasher action tied to the game modes etc on the playfield. This is step 1. I may expand and see if i can get some other hooks in there to, such as when the ball ejects from the airlock etc, but concentrating for now on getting this solid, robust and factory looking. (I will also see what i can do for standard owners if the beacon enable line is not used there.)

Made a loom that splices into the existing wiring so no permanent changes. Runs off the enable for the beacons and has its own control of flash speed. The enable line is a solid enable. Ie they don't currently pulses the beacons, just turn them on and off. The flashers then flash for the length of time the beacons are on. Just played a few games and its really cool in sentry guns etc. Hopefully they will add more beacon code which this mod can take advantage of.

A quick pic of my prototype testing. Please note this is just quick and dirty testing, not anything final yet. It was just a protoyping day!

IMG_4182.JPG

And a video of them in action during attract mode

and a manual test in the service mode

A pic of the first prototype pcb

IMG_4140.JPG
Hope you all like the idea and progress icon_smile.gif

Its time for factory looking electronic mods :) ....

Sharing some info on the new playfield flasher mod that i am making. Will be available to other interested owners. (Will start a new thread for the progress on this over on pinside, like my other projects, but wanted to share here to for info).

Made a prototype setup of it today using the parts i had available whilst i wait for the first prototype pcbs to arrive. The flasher board is a modified and expanded design based the stern super bright double flasher board replacements that i have been making for a number of years. they use camera leds in them which give a really great flash.

The premise is 2 regular dome flashers (or maybe smaller curved top ones) mounted on a pcb that mounts on top of the airlock scoop display unit. They run in tandom from the lv output for the beacons flashers, so you can get some flasher action tied to the game modes etc on the playfield. This is step 1. I may expand and see if i can get some other hooks in there to, such as when the ball ejects from the airlock etc, but concentrating for now on getting this solid, robust and factory looking. (I will also see what i can do for standard owners if the beacon enable line is not used there.)

Made a loom that splices into the existing wiring so no permanent changes. Runs off the enable for the beacons and has its own control of flash speed. The enable line is a solid enable. Ie they don't currently pulses the beacons, just turn them on and off. The flashers then flash for the length of time the beacons are on. Just played a few games and its really cool in sentry guns etc. Hopefully they will add more beacon code which this mod can take advantage of.

A quick pic of my prototype testing. Please note this is just quick and dirty testing, not anything final yet. It was just a protoyping day!

View attachment 180636

And a video of them in action during attract mode

and a manual test in the service mode

A pic of the first prototype pcb

View attachment 180635
Hope you all like the idea and progress icon_smile.gif

Very cool Jim

Oooh nice one. Wish they had a push notification for owners on code updates! Always forget to check the website!

Code 3.0 just released!
Have got Scott's Alien LV. Loaded 3.0 and it looks good. Finally got the standup targets at the top to all light. I had the one on the left of the scoop/Air lock off, which annoyed me.. I still can't seem to get the shots very well, maybe coz it's a bit wider or the flippers are different?? So have set it to 5 balls for a longer game. Also don't understand what you're supposed to do with the weapons. I just hit the button when it sez I get one. I guess you should save it for a more appropriate time????
Love the game though. Play it loud and in the dark.

Have got Scott's Alien LV. Loaded 3.0 and it looks good. Finally got the standup targets at the top to all light. I had the one on the left of the scoop/Air lock off, which annoyed me.. I still can't seem to get the shots very well, maybe coz it's a bit wider or the flippers are different?? So have set it to 5 balls for a longer game. Also don't understand what you're supposed to do with the weapons. I just hit the button when it sez I get one. I guess you should save it for a more appropriate time????
Love the game though. Play it loud and in the dark.
Each weapon has a specific purpose so yeah use them at the appropriate time 👍🏻

So I've just joined the MU-TH-UR club:) arrived today after purchasing from another forum member.
Am I the only one on here with a machine, or did anyone keep theirs? :)
Lovely machine, although notoceda couple of issues which I need to iron out;
Upper right flipper keeps getting stuck at varying degrees before it eventually ends up back in its resting position; is this an easy fix?
Also, the pop bumpers aren't very sensitive; they hardly fire when a ball rolls down there - I guess I'll just have to adjust the sensitivity.

Came with @myPinballs upper lane guide mod, but unfitted; is there a diagram or something I can look at to make sure I fit it correctly?

Haven't leveled it properly yet, but had about an hour playing on it and it's really addictive. When I managed to pull off the hypesleep lock shot it was really satisfying.

Couple of pics 👍🏻 - just temporarily rested my Alien head on top. Not sure if I'll fix it there with some string velcro or not, in case the next owner after me doesn't like it.

Attachments

• 20221130_205240.jpg
    20221130_205240.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20221130_205309.jpg
    20221130_205309.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 26
So I've just joined the MU-TH-UR club:) arrived today after purchasing from another forum member.
Am I the only one on here with a machine, or did anyone keep theirs? :)
Lovely machine, although notoceda couple of issues which I need to iron out;
Upper right flipper keeps getting stuck at varying degrees before it eventually ends up back in its resting position; is this an easy fix?
Also, the pop bumpers aren't very sensitive; they hardly fire when a ball rolls down there - I guess I'll just have to adjust the sensitivity.

Came with @myPinballs upper lane guide mod, but unfitted; is there a diagram or something I can look at to make sure I fit it correctly?

Haven't leveled it properly yet, but had about an hour playing on it and it's really addictive. When I managed to pull off the hypesleep lock shot it was really satisfying.

Couple of pics 👍🏻 - just temporarily rested my Alien head on top. Not sure if I'll fix it there with some string velcro or not, in case the next owner after me doesn't like it.
I still have mine

There isn't anything to it really , just remove the old one (remove plastics above and 2 screws holding it in place) and install the new one, its a 2 minute swap over.

The pic below shows the location to fit, this is from the early proto before i made the full single replacement.

alien guide proto - 1.jpeg

Hi all,
Ate these sounds from thr backbox (pc?) Normal?
First vid is from start up (can obvs ignore the alien tongue mech test sound)
2nd vid is from after a game is finished.
Sounds like hard drive noise to me - can't hear it atal during game play (turning the volume down during gameplay, it's not there either either - the sound after gameplay is with the volume off, so defo not a sound glitch)

Is it something I should be worried about?

Other issue I had was the left side flippers just going dead, but making sure everything's plugged in properly seems to have sorted that out.

Have to say; when everything is going right for you during a game, it's pretty incredible - loads of flow when you are hitting long combos, and the RGB lights are amazing 👍🏻 has ro be one of the most addictive games I've played.

As mine I'd an SV I haven't got a shaker - sounds like it's nothing to worry about either way; it's not like the game has ever frozen on me or rebooted.

(Sad face)
Had to raise a ticket with PB bros.
So annoying- got home from work this evening and thought I'd level properly; got it nice with around a 6.7 degree incline. Had a go to try it out and was fantastic; nice and fast and no more scoop kickouts SDTM - was loving it.
Later on I thought I'd have a couple of games before it got too late.
I was just in the middle of playing a game and during a multiball after I'd shot a ball into the Mu-th-ur saucer, I shot a 2nd ball to that area/lane. The left side flippers went dead and once all balls had drained the 1st ball was stuck in the saucer.
After a ball search which didn't kick the ball out I switched off the machine hoping that a reboot would prompt a further ball search and kick the ball out/allow me to go in to test and trigger the kick out.
Upon reboot there were 2 system mesages; "tilt stuck closed" and "cabinet SW .disabled - check connection"
The service buttons in the coindoor do nothing and so I can't even get in to the service menu. I believe the coin door lights have gone out, however all the playfield lights are still running as they would when left idle/pre game start.
Regarding the tilt stuck closed message; I took a look and the tilt bob is swinging freely.
Regarding the left flippers going dead - this did happen once before and just moving the wire(s) from the left flipper fixed the issue.

Hope PB bros can help me sort this out ASAP. EDIT: opened a ticket a within 15 mins PBB replied 👍🏻 - going to check the fuses tonight when I get home from work and re-seat connectors ; doesn't sound something which can't be fixed. (Wondering if s fuse tripped when a a ball search took place with whilst the coun door was open or something like that?..)

So annoying, as the game I had earlier this evening was bad ass - (at on point I activate I think the smart gun weapon, which unexpectedly triggered Hypersleep myltiball for the first time:) - I think the hypersleep shot btw has got to be one of the most satisfying shots in pinball 👍🏻)

Attachments

• 20221206_215736.jpg
    20221206_215736.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221206_215733.jpg
    20221206_215733.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to the group. Virtually all aliens have the problem. My solution to this problem from #283 looks like this. Lasts significantly longer.

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 45
My prototype flasher boards came in. A project for next year really,
but assembling one today to see how it looks etc

The plan is still to make it interactive with various features. Such as eject form airlock aswell as the topper domes etc

IMG_5098.JPGIMG_5099.JPGIMG_5100.JPG

Well,

Xeno activation is miles better, fast and much quieter
Flippers feels a lot better to

and the light up rgb targets are just cool :)

All in all a good update

Shaker still on at boot though ,grrr!! lol

Well,

Things didn't go super smooth. Played 1 game and all was good, left it in attract and came back later, half the lights and switches stopped working....

Not sure if this was just random coincidence or something else. Went back to earlier software just to check No difference.

Had a friend coming over to play new code and see the changes which we couldn't do... :(

Finally solved it later buy unplugging all the connectors from the black box underneath and plugging back in. Bloody annoying.

However after back up and going had some decent goes and got a new lifecycle champion which was cool

487F1FEC-9A77-4541-9647-363EC550B352.jpeg

Think i may have a cable missing. Checking with the pb support, as my 5th target is still not lighting up

IMG_5158 Large.jpeg

Whoever just bought the other LV might wanna check this to, and create an account for pb support, lol

If you own Alien

Download new code v3.1
Then install new firmware
You need to do this

Do not install new firmware first, it will report an error 0
You can put them both on same usb then run firmware update and it does both at same time

Hi.
This is mine. I don't have that cable either. But I think all my lights are okay? Which lights are not working for you?View attachment 189545
Target 5 rgb lights will not work without this cable

PB says they are sending them to distributors to send out!! ****ing joke!! ‘Self assembly’ pinball 🤣

I’m making one myself to plug the gap whilst I wait fir the ‘official’ one 🙄🙄

Considering the cost of this game they really need to get their act together….

Back
Top Bottom