What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Pinball Brothers Owners Club - MU-TH-UR!

Things i like so far:

Cab art is wonderful.
Translate art is awesome
Playfield surface was like glass (before a ball rolled on it of course!!)
Illuminated inner sides and inner side art and rear art is great
Sound is super powerful and clear, loads of bass
Chrome Ramps are amazing
Assembly overall looks good

Things i dont like so far:

Lockdown bar - is latch type not slide
Thumb screws for securing playfield hangers - what?
Lockdown bar latch clasps have to be in the correct place when you put the playfield back down otherwise you can't secure the lockdown bar once the playfield is down, clumsy ...
Playfield slide out mech feels abit scratchy and grindy, like metal on metal
Playfield support handles are thin and hurt your hands when pulling the playfield out
Shaker turns on briefly when you power the game on, eh?? scary!! Thought the game was hosed when i first turned it on !! lol

Couple of things i need to adjust/ check on my game to :

Xenomorph front playfield magnet isnt catching the ball
Auto Launcher isnt shooting the ball out of the lane reliably

Only had time to play 3 games so far! Got an evening free coming up on friday night i think

Couple of things i need to adjust/ check on my game to :

Xenomorph front playfield magnet isnt catching the ball
Auto Launcher isnt shooting the ball out of the lane reliably

Only had time to play 3 games so far! Got an evening free coming up on friday night i think
Oh I had that issue back on original SV.

Scroll down my post till you hit 'THE BIG ISSUES'.

The ball being grabbed can be messed around with the magnet strength and response time etc.

You'll never get it to 100% though.

Also what's your pitch at?

YouTube hates me right now and i'm stuck in 'Processing HD' hell.

You'll have to live a peasents 480p for some gameplay.

I much prefer the latch type lockdown bar nothing to go wrong with it.

YouTube hates me right now and i'm stuck in 'Processing HD' hell.

You'll have to live a peasents 480p for some gameplay.

I think something is ****ed at Youtube - I've got 3 videos that have been processing HD and 4K for 4 days now.

So I resolved my APC drop target issue. Had to adjust my screws clamping to the opto board which presses against the targets they were on so tight they were causing friction on the targets.

The other issue I have is a dead pop bumper LED body. Pinball Brothers shipping me out a new one tomorrow. I think its a wire issue but they are just shipping a new one regardless.

The other issue I need to sort is the scoop is firing close to the centre. I need to adjust it. Otherwise I'm good! :D

So I resolved my APC drop target issue. Had to adjust my screws clamping to the opto board which presses against the targets they were on so tight they were causing friction on the targets.

The other issue I have is a dead pop bumper LED body. Pinball Brothers shipping me out a new one tomorrow. I think its a wire issue but they are just shipping a new one regardless.

The other issue I need to sort is the scoop is firing close to the centre. I need to adjust it. Otherwise I'm good! :D

Can you show me your underside playfield. I'm trying to understand why i have a load off connectors unplugged???

24680FFF-2A55-4771-9F04-5AD46E83CA78.jpegF5A216FF-C9D6-41A7-BDAD-3142479FD5A8.jpegB77ECEE0-3F3F-4BA4-8BC3-5634F337F16C.jpeg

It looks like for some reason the lamp cables for the standups on my game were not plugged in, bizarre, and i want to check before plugging them all in

Also my right ramp opto doesn't work, not sure if this could be related tot eh unplugged cables yet as the opto ones are plugged in

And my auto launcher will not shoot the ball out of the lane... frustrating, its getting removed and realigned tomorrow as i cant see anything that could cause this to not be smooth. tried a few power adjustments no different

Can you show me your underside playfield. I'm trying to understand why i have a load off connectors unplugged???

It looks like for some reason the lamp cables for the stands on my game were not plugged in, bizarre, and i want to check before plugging them all in

Also my right ramp opto doesn't work, not sure if this could be related tot eh unplugged cables yet as the opto ones are plugged in

And my auto launcher will not shoot the ball out of the lane... frustrating, its getting removed and realigned tomorrow as i cant see anything that could cause this to not be smooth. tried a few power adjustments no different

Haha had the same question to PB Support.

So basically all the skinny targets haven't got a code update yet to enable the lighting in them. The old SV's didn't have these target RGB connectors on the PCB and was added to the LV runs.

They told me it's coming in a code update. You'd think they'd leave a note somewhere.

You can leave them unplugged or just plug them in. They won't do anything though. One lit up white but that's about it.

The auto loader thing I had back on my SV it needs adjusting, did you check my Pinside post? It's those 4 hex screws that need adjustment.

Ramp opto I also had on my SV. Again it's in my super post on Pinside.

You'll need to adjust the opto sensor it's likely out if alignment.

They really need to work on their QC.

Thankfully it's all just tweaking and adjustment issues.

My H channel for the glass was also off as it hit the glass upon trying to put it back on. Again minor adjustment to sort but it should be checked before going out.

Haha had the same question to PB Support.

So basically all the skinny targets haven't got a code update yet to enable the lighting in them. The old SV's didn't have these target RGB connectors on the PCB and was added to the LV runs.

They told me it's coming in a code update. You'd think they'd leave a note somewhere.

You can leave them unplugged or just plug them in. They won't do anything though. One lit up white but that's about it.

The auto loader thing I had back on my SV it needs adjusting, did you check my Pinside post? It's those 4 hex screws that need adjustment.

Ramp opto I also had on my SV. Again it's in my super post on Pinside.

You'll need to adjust the opto sensor it's likely out if alignment.

They really need to work on their QC.

Thankfully it's all just tweaking and adjustment issues.

My H channel for the glass was also off as it hit the glass upon trying to put it back on. Again minor adjustment to sort but it should be checked before going out.
Yeah same here with the glass and rear plastic channel.

Check your trough alignment with this video. You may not have the ball loading issue but it sounds like yours is likely too low?
My trough is fine. It’s the auto launcher in the shooter lane that’s not working right

Hmm weird I remember there being a coil power issue with the shooter lane coil on 2.4 where regardless of power adjustment it did nothing.

I'd log a ticket with PB support. They get back pretty instantly.

Check Pinside too. No doubt someone else has hit this on the owners thread.

I do remember going to to an earlier code solved the issue but this was like 6 months ago and I'd of thought I'd have the same issue as we're the same batch. I'll take a picture of my underside of the pin and coil. Maybe your loosing power to friction in the coil?

@myPinballs found it.

So apparently a few have had issues with the auto launch. You need to adjust your wireform.

I didn't even play a game and put in Col's plastic protectors, one of which involves adjusting the wireform to fit with the new height so maybe I had the issue and didn't know it.

Wireform Adjustment.JPG

If you are buying the plastic set from Col you could do it at the same time.

adjustment.png

Adjusted my shooter lane ramp and its much better now so thanks for the info.

Unfortunately though i still cant play it properly because the right ramp opto doesnt work. The led light underneath is off all the time. Took it apart and found this. There is no opto on the little receiver board....

Dead in the water :(

57072F6A-0360-4173-94A4-DA84FC2C8337_1_201_a.jpeg

Adjusted my shooter lane ramp and its much better now so thanks for the info.

Unfortunately though i still cant play it properly because the right ramp opto doesnt work. The led light underneath is off all the time. Took it apart and found this. There is no opto on the little receiver board....

Dead in the water :(

View attachment 169288
Damn!

Raise the ticket and they'll send a replacement part ASAP.

They already shipped my pop bumper body and APC drop target mech.

I should get them on Monday.

already done, but i'm pretty ****ed off right now!!
Annoyingly I had this spare part back on my SV but I gave it all back in when the SV went...

Hopefully you get it soon. Its not good that they missed this.

From memory it has two opto's right, one to register it entering the ramp and another to register it making the ramp topside and back down the wireframe. Could you swap them around in the time being so you can register shots?

I would go check but I threw my back out yesterday and I can't even bend down at the moment ><

Annoyingly I had this spare part back on my SV but I gave it all back in when the SV went...

Hopefully you get it soon. Its not good that they missed this.

From memory it has two opto's right, one to register it entering the ramp and another to register it making the ramp topside and back down the wireframe. Could you swap them around in the time being so you can register shots?

I would go check but I threw my back out yesterday and I can't even bend down at the moment ><
as far as i can tell right now its just 1 opto to register the made ramp so you cant progress alot of the modes

If i could find out the part number for the receiver part, i'd just fix it myself as a stop gap whilst i wait for the replacement, but i dont know what the receiver leds are.

So these are brand new straight out of the box and cost what £8000 or there abouts.

Is all this normal for NIB pins?

as far as i can tell right now its just 1 opto to register the made ramp so you cant progress alot of the modes

If i could find out the part number for the receiver part, i'd just fix it myself as a stop gap whilst i wait for the replacement, but i dont know what the receiver leds are.

I found the part number but can't find a picture...

If my back feels better i'll take a picture later.

So these are brand new straight out of the box and cost what £8000 or there abouts.

Is all this normal for NIB pins?
Try £10k (LV's).

Is it normal for NIB to have issues? Yes.

Is it normal to have this many issues compared to say Stern? No

I know Spooky, JJP also come with their problems.

Not excusing it, just at the moment I sadly expect it.

For me my issues aren't stopping me from playing and they already sent replacement parts. I feel for @myPinballs who's been waiting a long time and can't even progress the game (you need this ramp to progress modes).

QC is the issue here. I suspect they are feeling the pressure to ship these out at pace and don't have the stringent testing like Stern do before they ship out.

The other 5 LV owners are super quiet, either they have no issues or just don't want to post about them on the forum.

🤷‍♂️ Their video's demonstrate people playing them before shipment. I know Rush isn't a good example.
I’ve seen the tours on YouTube, it’s a long way from ‘stringent’ testing!

Can't fault the customer service. Its the best I've seen for any pinball place. Got parts going out to me Monday. Just a shame as I had a friend coming to play this weekend, but pinball issues are nothing new to me. pinball is hard!! lol

🤷‍♂️ Their video's demonstrate people playing them before shipment. I know Rush isn't a good example.
I think stern test as most companies test products, I.e. A certain percentage of each batch. Impossible to test every switch on every machine when they pump out as many as they do. Lots of stories on Pinside of machines received with certain things not even connected up. Someone received a GB where a ball couldn't even fit into the scoop because the hood was bent down too far for example ( not something that can happen in transit with the glass on! ).

Back
Top Bottom