What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Pinball Collections

My downsized collection down to 7, 4 in the shed and 3 indoors got some super cool Star Wars carpet now though and new murals on the walls

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 102
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 102
Bloody hell , this thread makes me miss my games room ( well garage really ) . House is being renovated , major project so had to move to rented accommodation so stored my 5 machines in different locations. That was months ago, since then bought another 2 , which are now in the garage of the rental ( how did that happen ! ) Getting them all in one place seems a way off yet , one day !

busy room scotty, like the collections and pins mix, and the modern cab too, great stuff

Finally got my games room done after 4 months of work, filled it with my machines and those of 'others' out of space. Four currently stacked in the front garage, need more room already....

Just waiting on another circuit breaker for consumer unit to get the back wall of sockets live.

s9.postimg.org_hw28cwfa7_20160221_155932.jpg

s8.postimg.org_4opwrna6t_20160221_160020.jpg

s15.postimg.org_ygkcrdqbv_20160221_160033.jpg

s29.postimg.org_ab5v4krqv_20160221_160101.jpg

I only own 8 and one of them is a cheap project... sold several last year to fund holidays. Reckon I could fill that room twice over though with the excess machines of others up here in the NW.

Yeah these northern guys seem to buy everything..

What do some of you people do for a living!?

Some of you have £30k+ of machines in rooms the size of the bottom floor of my house! And I'm far from poor :hmm:

Many collectors on here bought their pins in the golden age of £300-£2000 for the A list titles, and as prices gone up have managed to swap/sell pins to cover the price increase.

Many on here are of an age where they have Little or no mortage left. There is the difference in house prices from south to north etc.

I consider myself to be reletivy new blood, started collecting in 2006. Got a few bargains MM 3500, IJ 1300, TZ 1200 just before the pinplosion!

Last edited:
Many collectors on here bought their pins in the golden age of £300-£2000 for the A list titles, and as prices gone up have managed to swap/sell pins to cover the price increase.

Many on here are of an age where they have Little or no mortage left. There is the difference in house prices from south to north etc.

I consider myself to be reletivy new blood, started collecting in 2006. Got a few bargains MM 3500, IJ 1300, TZ 1200 just before the pinplosion!

Me too, WH2O £650, TAF £900, TAFG £2800 etc. even turned down a MB at £2000 once :( it was always 1 in 1 out due to a lack of space though. 5 years buying and selling meant WOZ nearly paid for itself but these days it's much harder to find reasonably priced games

It's also about priorities. I allocate a disproportionate amount of money to the hobby.

I hate buying things that go down in value or become worthless. Designer clothes, expensive food, alcohol, cigarettes, all money down the drain.

I prefer to spend as much as possible on arcade machines, because at least if I ever really really needed some money, they are generally worth the same (or more) than you paid for them, very few things in life give you that ROI.

Pinflation has also for a long time been exceeding stock market performance quite significantly. About my last 8 machine purchases have been funded by selling off poor performing shares. I'd have sold off my pension as well if I could!

Lastly I wouldn't be able to fund my pin habbit without working 60-80 hours a week

Finally got my games room done after 4 months of work, filled it with my machines and those of 'others' out of space. Four currently stacked in the front garage, need more room already....

Just waiting on another circuit breaker for consumer unit to get the back wall of sockets live.

Distinct lack of Tron there :eek:

I've spent the last 9 or so years collecting, buying and selling video arcade machines. I've owned some really nice titles, all of which are now sold except for my trusty Jamma cab. In regards to Pinball I did own a Batman TDK about 5 years ago but I didn't get on with it and shifted it pretty quickly. Last year I went to Play Expo 2015 and spent most my time playing on the pins as opposed to the video machines and decided there and then I would make another pin purchase (but this time I would take my time in choosing the right machine) In October 2015 I purchased the Addams Family which was a childhood favourite. And just this week in Feb 2016 I purchased the T2. I have enough space for one or two more pins in my games room but I can only see numbers growing if I were ever to trade either of my machines for two or three lower value ones...

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b372_acidburn7683_Terminator_202_20Pinball_IMG_2372_zpsjjbzu8wq.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom