What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Don't forget that there are International Rugby matches playing in Manchester that weekend, so hotels and parking will be very busy :eek: I've ended up booking a travelodge in Warrington for the weekend, and will be getting a train to the Show.

Just been sorting out the NBA competition entries, order of play etc...
If you've already got an entry in you should now have an email from me (nba@ukpinball.com) - if you haven't received one let me know.

I know there are quite a few people who like to have the same team they've had before (there are a few who have team hats/shirts etc :thumbs:) - if you want to reserve a particular team please can you get it booked asap so they don't get given away.

...whether you want to reserve a particular team, or just play...get registered at : http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html

For anyone that's not seen, or played in, it before - it's a totally different pinball playing experience...head-to-head play :-o...lots of FUN :D...crowd encouraged to shout support (or banter!) for the players :popcorn::clap:...level playing field (well, actually it's about 6.5 degrees but I mean "good" players can & have been beaten by noobies, or kids!) :wave:

Places are limited to 30 teams...so get your entries in soon!!!! (http://www.ukpinball.com/NBAshow.html)

Regards,
Dan.

Nothing quite like playing NBA Fastbreak with Dan Hardy screaming encouragement down your ears :)

Is Geoff the ref joining us this year ?
Not heard if you are making the trip up this year Geoff ?

Can all who have pledged machine and require them to be collected please pm me with the collection address and any relevant info on the collection.
Need to get the route planned ASAP so please contact me sooner rather than later.
Thanks, D.

Yippee. Mission control (SWMBO) has authorised my attendance for the Saturday. Ticket bought. Can arrive a bit earlier to help out if needed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No chance, youth of today "what, you have to use your hands?". Reminds me of the Scene from back to the future 2 in the Café. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This lineup is looking fantastic @replicas - probably the best lineup I've seen at a show (maybe, if I was being greedy, a few more Sterns could be added :cool:). Maybe I'll even get a go on a TAF, 'cos I've never played it - the queues have always been too big before!

Wow, Never played TAF? That can't be right. It was the reason for my pinball addiction (like many otehrs I'd imagine) I have one in my bar if your down in London anytime..........

Reactions: JT.
Wow, Never played TAF? That can't be right. It was the reason for my pinball addiction (like many otehrs I'd imagine) I have one in my bar if your down in London anytime..........
Where is it @Tucks? I'm in Whitehall tomorrow for a meeting, but might be able to come have a go, depending on where you are?

Probably a bit too far from Whitehall I'm afraid. It's in SW London/Richmond upon Thames.

Quick question.. :)
I understand there's around 100 tables to play on which is great but how many people will be there? Don't fancy queuing up for 30 mins per table as is at Alton Towers for the rides.
Is there any youtube footage of previous meets to get an idea?

John

Its usually busy but normally you'll either get on a machine or be next on, unless its something brand new, in which case there may be a wait :)

Sunday is quieter than Saturday if past years are anything to go by

Was thinking about booking for Sunday then staying over in an hotel....... Cheaper digs on Sundays. :thumbs:

The biggest queue is to get in - Replay (or Play, or whatever the overall show organisers are called) seem to cock this up every year - but hopefully this year they will be better :) But once you are in, the game queues aren't bad at all really. The place is so huge, with so much going on, that you'll always find something to fill your time. And there will be a vid on here, often by @cooldan, just need to search to find it.

The biggest queue is to get in.

You aren't joking, this was just a portion of last years queue.... I waited with @mark9 but I believe if you are a pledger you may get in round the back? is that true?

20141011_104152.jpg

Attachments

• 20141011_110431.jpg
    20141011_110431.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20141011_110554.jpg
    20141011_110554.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 11
Pretty sure only members of the NLP crew and certain supporters get the staff wristbands. The security at Event City is reasonably tight so only certain people can get in through the loading docks at the back.

Back
Top Bottom