What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Just an alcoholic cos of @cooldan thought! Not been to this before or others apart from 8bitflip @ Northwich but hoping I'll get there. Is there or could there be any workshop demos for us noob's on how to do things- like soldering for the first time, (like I need), buying guides, explanation to play field resto's, simple diagnostics, what to buy and from whom etc. Etc. Please delete if inappropriate, but I think it may be a big benefit too all?

Just an alcoholic cos of @cooldan thought! Not been to this before or others apart from 8bitflip @ Northwich but hoping I'll get there. Is there or could there be any workshop demos for us noob's on how to do things- like soldering for the first time, (like I need), buying guides, explanation to play field resto's, simple diagnostics, what to buy and from whom etc. Etc. Please delete if inappropriate, but I think it may be a big benefit too all?
Visiting @myPinballs hacking lab would be a very good place to natter out about playfield stuff and anything electronic & mechanical

Is there or could there be any workshop demos for us noob's on how to do things- like soldering for the first time, (like I need), buying guides, explanation to play field resto's, simple diagnostics, what to buy and from whom etc. Etc. Please delete if inappropriate, but I think it may be a big benefit too all?

This has been mooted a couple of times in the past and while I'd also be interested in attending that sort of thing myself from the electronics & soldering angle, there's probably a few downsides to doing this at the show itself.

Firstly, most of the local people who could do such demos are the people currently running around like blue-****d flies organising and running the show in advance and on the weekend already.

Also, the Expo can be a bit loud with all the pins/ cabs/ PCs and a few thousand people wandering around. Finding a quiet corner to do a demo on the intricacies of board soldering might be an impossibility.

The best bet would be if one of the restorers on here posted a heads-up that they were doing some work on a particular day/ evening and if they didn't mind a couple of people coming round. Then you could give them a shout and arrange to drop on round and get some apprenticing in or at least get to watch how its done while staying out of the way.

If nothing else they'd get someone to talk to while dissassembling a playfield/ sanding a cabinet/ touching up paintwork and presumably you'd bring some beverages round as a thank you too ;)

Visiting @myPinballs hacking lab would be a very good place to natter out about playfield stuff and anything electronic & mechanical

Also a good idea :)

Rog

People are always welcome round mine when I'm shopping a game...there's loads of fiddly bits for them to clean :D

Excellent going considering donations were asked for less than 8 weeks ago! Good arrows everyone!

Yeah, a big thank you to everyone who has helped us put on a show by letting others play there pride and joy.

Also don't forget the NBA Fastbreak challenge has opened for entries, don't leave it to late as there are limited places.

Daz,
A bit slow on the uptake this year, been a bit busy! I can pledge TAF, TZ and Getaway, you can also have CV if you want, it is better but not perfect so will let you decide.
Cheers Adie
Will take them all Adie.
I take it they will want collecting ?

Cheers buddy.

Does anyone stop over in travelodges? Might take the missus and have Saturday night.

A lot of us will be there from Friday until Sunday (especially those bringing games) in various Travelodges and Premier Inn's around the Trafford Centre. It's a huge event though, not just for pinball, so you might be struggling to get a room this close to the show. Have a look at the various hotels near Event City, Manchester or ping a message up on here to see if anyone has a spare bed they'd be willing let you have :thumbs:

To buy tickets for the event contact @TYHO direct on here.
Best prices as all pinball people get the best discounts.
Can't help with accommodation but look on the late booking sites.

Back
Top Bottom