What's new

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Tizz good on you guys donating your treasured machines with the risk of some ****hole damaging it..
Has any ever got damaged?
Why should it ?
If you don't have anything positive to say then don't bother saying anything.
We do our very best to make sure that all machines we handle are treated as our own.

Just to clarify who is the ****hole that you are referring to ????

I don't think it was aimed at anyone in particular, just could be any member of the public.

the community is excellent at watching out for each others machines. machines are well spaced and folks are always floor walking as it were so faults etc are reported and dealt with promptly. most of us want our games to be PLAYED. its is very satisfying watching folks enjoy something that you may have revived from a terrible state or rescued from the skip.

On Saturday 10th October between 7:30pm-10:30pm we will be having the "NLP Lights Out Lock-In"!

There will be exclusive access for 100 guests to all the pinball machines*
You will be provided with (non-alcoholic**) drinks & pizza***

In recognition of their support for the NLP, show "supporters" (pin-loaners, committee members, volunteers running various events throughout the weekend, etc) will be given first refusal for places and a reduced price of £5. (I would expect most people understand if this applies to them, but I won't be offended if you're not sure & want to ask!)

The remaining places will be sold on a first come, first serve, basis at £10.

To book a place at the lock-in please email me at nba@ukpinball.com - I will only accept cash payment on the day to save on Paypal fees (& hassle!). I will be on the NBA desk all-day Saturday.

If you have any queries about this event please just ask.

Notes:
*We are strictly limited to the pinball area for the duration of the lock-in...as has been alluded to, this event has only been made possible through skill-full negotiation on the part of NLP as a "pinball" community event. Anyone ignoring this rule will be asked to leave the premises.

**You are welcome to bring your own drinks/refreshments, of any sort, into the venue, but due to licencing laws we are unable to supply alcohol.

***If you have any specific dietary requirements, or suggestions for other refreshments that you would like to have, please ermail me with those requirements/suggestions - however, there are no on-site facilities at that time & I'm fully aware that you can't please all the people all the time :)

Regards,
Dan.

is there an after hours lock in. this was awesome last year

And yes the late night lock in is on again this year with even more pinball and pizza.
It did look like we were not going to be allowed to have it this year but with some skilful negotiation by the NLP we pulled it off. We know what a success it was last year and with all the positive feed back we got we just had to make it happen again.

Will definitely do the lock in again, can't go wrong with an empty venue and 100+ pins between a small group :)

any alternative to pizza:sad: can`t stand cheese:rolleyes:i`m a fussy bugger

What time roughly is the lock-in?

Lock in? Would that be the Saturday night or both?

Tizz good on you guys donating your treasured machines with the risk of some ****hole damaging it..
Has any ever got damaged?

Most of the time it's people putting drinks on the machines, more so when i brought a dedicated video cab.

Last time I brought one I think some cnut snapped a credit switch I had rigged up off.

But if I see anyone doing owt like that they are getting binned.

Last edited:
Why should it ?
If you don't have anything positive to say then don't bother saying anything.
We do our very best to make sure that all machines we handle are treated as our own.

Just to clarify who is the ****hole that you are referring to ????

Calm down, was just a question, maybe this site isn't as friendly as I thought it was??
Just a general question as to if anything ever happens, never been to a show before and knowing how some members of the public can treat other peoples possessions..

I'm spending hours re-painting my first EM and i'd go mental if it was damaged.

Last edited:
Calm down, was just a question, maybe this site isn't as friendly as I thought it was??
Just a general question as to if anything ever happens, never been to a show before and knowing how some members of the public can treat other peoples possessions..

I'm spending hours re-painting my first EM and i'd go mental if it was damaged.

I'm sure it's just a mis understanding. Replicas is one of the good guys............. Some say he's the best

There's always something up for sale. I'm sure whoever has anything they are thinking of selling they will let us know.

I'm sorry if this has been answered earlier (I did search and skim back over the last 7 pages) but which vendors are attending? The website has The Pinball Palace. 1StopPinball and Pinball Mania?

Just thinking it'd be handy to pick up a few spares...

Andy, Pinball Mania will not be attending and neither will John , One Stop Pinball.
Sean, Pinball Palace will be there. Pinball Heaven will be there but won't have a parts inventory with him, just machines.

You can normally preorder parts from PH to pick up at the show...will wait for Phil to confirm that though.

Ask Phil direct if he is willing to do that.
Think he did it last year.

just ordered our tickets.
7 of us going on sunday(4 adults and 3 kids)
the 3 kids were 6,8 and 10 last year and they loved it,as soon as we got back they wanted to know when it was on again.
can't wait :clap:

PIN LOANERS PLEASE READ.

If you have pledged machines to the show and want them collecting.
Can you please pm me the details of where we can collect the machine from.
Address, convenient collection times from Thursday onwards and any other info we might need to know.

If you are bringing your machines yourself then the address below is the one you need, this will bring you to the correct loading / unloading area. Please note this is for people delivering machines only.

Please make a note of this address.

Event City,
Mercury Way,
Urmston,
Manchester.
M41 7RR

Also for whatever reason you might need it, my mobile number. 07881 9zero5zero4zero.
I will be at the venue Thursday thru to Monday.
D.

Back
Top Bottom