What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Running late thanks to getting 9 hours kip in the last 48 hours, however about to get on the road.... See you lot in a few hours!

Fantastic line up this year, had some great games and met a bunch of new folk from the forum and beyond. A few quick game thoughts:

- BoP 2.0 - Stunning DMD animations, didn't get a chance to play it more than once but rules seem nicely expanded so far.
- Game of Thrones - Still not a fan of the artwork, boring DMD animations, it plays quite well (I liked the battering ram and Dragon toy) though not enough to temp me. The LEDs under the shields are blindingly bright too which I didn't like, especially when they strobed.
- Cactus Canyon Continued - Finally had a go on one of these, beautiful colour animations and a lot of fun and variety to it! Not that familiar with the original but I get the impression it was fairly incomplete - gotta love it when the community finishes the job on a pin!
- Medieval Madness remake - Oh god I want one. My heart says yes but my wallet says no!

Talking about remakes. I really enjoyed the Stern Indiana Jones that @myPinballs was working on. I had plenty of plays on it through the day. And I'd even consider getting one once the kits come up for sale :eek: :cool:

Talking about remakes. I really enjoyed the Stern Indiana Jones that @myPinballs was working on. I had plenty of plays on it through the day. And I'd even consider getting one once the kits come up for sale :eek: :cool:

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the work done so far :)

be sure to try it out today if you haven't tried it yet pinball fans, or if you fancy seeing what's in the backbox instead of the sam cpu just stop me anytime over at the hacking lab

I really enjoyed the IJ too although have never played one before so no idea what the differences were. Another machine added to my want list :rolleyes:

What a show, words cannot do it justice, the pinball community as a whole is just brilliant. Thanks to absolutely everyone who had anything to do with it! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Just got home after a fantastic weekend. Played lots of machines I've never played before. Met loads of forum members I'd seen before but hadn't put forum names to the faces. Big thanks to the NLP crew who really know how to organise a pinball show. Also big thanks to anyone who brought a machine or helped in any way.

Can't wait for next year.

Yep a good time had by all. Just got home here after unloading (damn, no legs) and returning the hire van. Thanks all for another top weekend. Gotta be up in 6h so it's beddy-bos for me. Here's the shaky cam - no wifi meant no uploads until now.

Top show. Loved ccc and some aliens v Cowboys also the bop2 seems a worthy mod that creates a whole new machine. The chair seemed popular a pity one vibro died.
Another death in the family packing up my afm and woops
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Struggling to get the back glass off to remove the head bolt and a photo opportunity arises.

Oh no! at least it didn't fall onto the playfield. The TAF chair was amazing, one of the highlights of the weekend. Felt like a dick trying to nudge tho! :cuckoo:

Was my first one and what a great show.

Many thanks to the NLP guys as it clearly required a lot of organisation. Thanks also to those who brought their machines, it was fantastic to see so many in one place. What a true "community" this is.

Superb pinball heaven stand, what a line up

Besides being a great place to catch up with old and new faces it also provided an excellent "trading post". I had arranged to buy variety of bits there ....

@myPinballs - bridge rectifiers and used stern legs
@philpalmer - various standard stuff and some game specific bits
@cooldan - hydraulic trolley
@mufcmufc - lockdown bar, and he kindly gave me some NOS drop target stickers
@Big Phil - bally ss sound boards, 6 and 7 digit displays
NLP stand - various nick nacks

Being so close to the trafford centre (massive shopping centre) meant that you could get decent food and drink too

It even offered the most expensive delivery pizza in the uk for the lock in, dominos. I had thought only southerners could afford to eat this.

Back
Top Bottom