What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Northern Lights Pinball Show 2015 thread

Well I'm home, all pins back with owners,so I've done pin pick ups on thurs,all pinball show electrics Friday n sat,machine fixes sat n sun,break down,pin deliveries sun night bed in hotel at 1 am,up today pins back to owners and last but not least my games home fin at 5.30, so now had soak in bath,take out n a beer or 3!!!!,

Well I'm home, all pins back with owners,so I've done pin pick ups on thurs,all pinball show electrics Friday n sat,machine fixes sat n sun,break down,pin deliveries sun night bed in hotel at 1 am,up today pins back to owners and last but not least my games home fin at 5.30, so now had soak in bath,take out n a beer or 3!!!!,

Damn right! Pudsey massive!

Does this mean we should book hotels up now to get a better deal?

that is your perogative,however we (ie NLP) have not confirmed we are there yet,tho naturally we will let you all now if/when we are confirmed

thanks

tyho aka poibug aka asleep in the bar

Last edited:
Can I just say a massive thank you to all who helped us NLP'ers out in any shape or form,from the people who helped set up/take down,those who bought a ticket off us,or bought a raffle ticketor sold one,donated a prize,fixed a game,or reported a game fault,went to the lock in,or went on our tombola,or gave to the Teenage Cancer Trust,and also those VERY kind members of our community who pledge their machines - without that it WOULD NOT happen.
You guys rock.!!!

On a personal note,a big thank you to my fellow NLP'ers and the support crew - it's been a lot of work,and at times a major PUTA l,but an honour to work with you all:clap:
Cheers to @philpalmer for ensuring we had the latest and greatest titles there,and also Dr Pin,Moose,Paul Garner who helped us get the Electric Chair done(and putting up with me helping get it done the last month).
for all who enjoyed the chair,thank those guys when you see them(moose and Dr Pin were working on it till 1am on Thursday night to get it working for the show).Shame it went down and broke on the sat but me,Paul and Dr Pin bodged it back to a pretty much working state:thumbs::thumbs:
It seemed to be well liked

If we do another,it will a priveledge to help make it happen again

It's been emotional:eek::eek::eek::eek:

poibug

Ps the gottliebs there ROCKED!!- incidently thanks to @kevlar and @Jay Walker I now have an awesome original Gottlieb t Shirt-yay:p:p:p

There are FAR too many people involved in this great event to single out individuals! Many thanks to all - organisers, machine donors, etc etc.

Personal comments...

Apologies @myPinballs - Was chatting to you at the Heighway pinball stand, and then couldnt find you later in the day.... Will drop you a PM...

and another apology....

Had a really good chat with @Heighway Pinball 's Andy Heighway, after a rather good look at the underside of Full Throttle. Absolute marvel of modern Tech. Actually managed a few games, and plays like a dream. Cracking Game Andy, and great to see you realising your dream - Gives me loads of confidence for Aliens now :)

Great to meet up with a load of you all - Old and New - and thanks to all for a great show!

7 of us went on the sunday for the second year running.
hard to keep an eye on 3 kids under 12,ended up letting them loose to do their own thing.
didn't get to play as many pins as i wanted to.
TAF chair was cool,got 72 mil on it,don't know if that got beat.
really liked playing big house,escaped jail 3 times.
can see myself gettin a woz at some time in the future.
hats off to the organizers.loads of work to put a show like that on and keep everything running.

There are FAR too many people involved in this great event to single out individuals! Many thanks to all - organisers, machine donors, etc etc.

Personal comments...

Apologies @myPinballs - Was chatting to you at the Heighway pinball stand, and then couldnt find you later in the day.... Will drop you a PM...

and another apology....

Had a really good chat with @Heighway Pinball 's Andy Heighway, after a rather good look at the underside of Full Throttle. Absolute marvel of modern Tech. Actually managed a few games, and plays like a dream. Cracking Game Andy, and great to see you realising your dream - Gives me loads of confidence for Aliens now :)

Great to meet up with a load of you all - Old and New - and thanks to all for a great show!
Was good to see ya mate didn't get chance to talk to ya that much!

M
Can I just say a massive thank you to all who helped us NLP'ers out in any shape or form,from the people who helped set up/take down,those who bought a ticket off us,or bought a raffle ticketor sold one,donated a prize,fixed a game,or reported a game fault,went to the lock in,or went on our tombola,or gave to the Teenage Cancer Trust,and also those VERY kind members of our community who pledge their machines - without that it WOULD NOT happen.
You guys rock.!!!

On a personal note,a big thank you to my fellow NLP'ers and the support crew - it's been a lot of work,and at times a major PUTA l,but an honour to work with you all:clap:
Cheers to @philpalmer for ensuring we had the latest and greatest titles there,and also Dr Pin,Moose,Paul Garner who helped us get the Electric Chair done(and putting up with me helping get it done the last month).
for all who enjoyed the chair,thank those guys when you see them(moose and Dr Pin were working on it till 1am on Thursday night to get it working for the show).Shame it went down and broke on the sat but me,Paul and Dr Pin bodged it back to a pretty much working state:thumbs::thumbs:
It seemed to be well liked

If we do another,it will a priveledge to help make it happen again

It's been emotional:eek::eek::eek::eek:

poibug

Ps the gottliebs there ROCKED!!- incidently thanks to @kevlar and @Jay Walker I now have an awesome original Gottlieb t Shirt-yay:p:p:p
Just like to mirror Poi's thoughts.
Thanks to all who contributed to the cause.
You guys rock.
Machines that won best in show were,
Pre 1990, Fireball 2 , @ronsplooter
1991-1999 , Breakshot, @Matt Adams
2000- present, Star Trek, @kevlar

good to meet and to have a chat with you during the weekend dave, you`re a hero sir, enjoyed the whole weekend ,managed to put some more faces to usernames ,thanks to everyone who organised and brought machines up to the event etc , roll on next year,

What an awesome weekend and my thanks go to all involved - NLP crew, Pinball Heaven, Heighway Pinball, pin loaners, fixers, players, Dan for the lock in, raffle sellers, John and Robbie for picking up, setting up and dropping off my pins (cheers guys - above and beyond!), the list is endless! Great to meet up with old pals and meet some new friends too. Highlight of the weekend? Ailsa's win in the NBA comp - what a worthy champion! Roll on next year!

Wednesday on Saturday on Addams on the chair:

Epic weekend, just passes in a flash. Fantastic and enormous thanks to every single person that brought pins. Wouldn't be a show without you guys and I know the effort it takes, but it is so soooo worth it :)

Your video is private Paul. ;)

Yes, great weekend in good company. Just wish I could battle the tiredness better ! Game highlights for me; Rock, Full Throttle (what a fast, looping-shot game), Hoops, Sorcerer, Electra, Defender and Kiss. Pleasantly surprised at that one, looks great and plays hard.

I think the Arena belongs to @JMP as were some other Gotties there

Yep, unusual game that with no pops and a great skill-shot feature in competative company. Once sold and bought back again ! I also took Robowar, Hot Shots and Raven and working on a couple more rare Gott's for next year's show (and probably 8bitflip beforehand).

Many thanks to the other NLP guys for picking up and dropping off machines as efficiently as ever. :thumbs:

Last edited:
A serious paragon fan.....View attachment 21278
Made my weekend playing PARAGON! I am now super-stoked to get mine FINISHED!

I didn't realise till I saw it in the flesh this weekend, that Paragon is the size of a small car
It's a monster. The five Bally Super-Widebody games (FUTURE SPA, PARAGON, SPACE INVADERS, HOT DOGGIN' and EMBRYON) are enormous.

Whoa Nellie plays a lot better when its on standard legs than the included 'crate' it was set up on at the NLP.
I know it's an old-school retro EM thing but I thought WN!BJM was a bit shallow. Could have done with another degree or two on the angle. Maybe the crushed beer cans had slipped out? Lovely looking game though and fun to play. Very smooth.

You are a machine! Thank you for all your hard work.

Is this a typo or do some just prefer it UP the **** instead of IN the ****? :p

I missed the talk but just happened to being wandering around the vids when Warren Davis was doing a photo-shoot with his creation:

farm6.staticflickr.com_5740_21912109390_1683553bc3_c.jpg
NLP2015: Warren Davis (left), creator of Q*Bert by Peter Duerden, on Flickr

@Matt Adams's CAPCOM BREAKSHOT was also one of my highlight pins of the weekend. Never heard or seen this before, and @kevlar's "just out of the box" comment was spot on. Played great, fun, some unusual layout, psychotic pop-bumpers and good call-outs. Of course, having a cheeky backglass helped too ;)

farm1.staticflickr.com_777_22087772422_414f08988e_c.jpg

farm6.staticflickr.com_5682_22087772142_e58a599045_c.jpg

farm6.staticflickr.com_5619_22110322981_77910b6689_c.jpg[/QUOTE]

I managed to catch super-plauge over the weekend and feel like death, but other than that, I had a wonderful weekend.

Massive thankyou to everyone who loaned machines for us all to play

Massive thankyou to everyone who helped make it happen (planning, organising, driving, setting up, fixing, tearing down etc)

Bonus thankyou to Dan Hardy (and anyone else who helped?) in organising the lights-out event / food on Saturday

An thanks to everyone from the forum who just made it awesome by being there for a chat / to play some pinball

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Back from NLP and as usual a fantastic weekend and well done to all concerned. Great to meet so many people off pinball.info and I think the badges we all wore was a great idea!!

Roll on the next one!!!

Cheers Kev

A good weekend had by all us soft southerners as well, got home about 12.30 but its all good :) The game I have never played and enjoyed the most was Rock, some quite cool quirky stuff going on there!

If anyone is interested, due to the usual problems of too many machines (and more incoming, you know how it is!) Breakshot is for sale if anyone is interested, £1800 I will list pictures etc over the next day or so on the for sale page. As others have said it is in cracking condition and with only 1000 made you aren't going to see it that often.

@Mooseman I have a couple of these (I think they are stickers) from a Addams shocker I had years ago if they are any use to go with the chair, PM me and I will get them in the post. By the way, the chair was awesome, the 1st time the handles went off I nearly soiled myself :eek:

20151013_084355.jpg

During the game a moose comes on and kicks a cow off as 2 fingers to Williams, I think Williams had the last laugh though as Capcom went bust after this (and 14 BBB's).

Back
Top Bottom