What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
To those who say they are getting one, what is it about it that makes you want one without yet seeing it? Are you huge Munsters fans? Comedy-horror fans? Just trying to understand why you want it without any real information on how it plays.

Last edited:
Stern Pinballs just look generic. They pretty much have the same layout but different grahics.
I mean how much different is it to the ACDC layout?

Stern Pinballs just look generic. They pretty much have the same layout but different grahics.

Not getting into a Stern vs anyone else argument. Tastes change over time, there was a period a few years ago where I really didn't like the newer Stern games and all my games were B/W now I just appreciate all pinball (although I now mainly have Stern games), well except for ToM and X Files.

Whilst the layouts do have a fairly generic feel, and there are less toys than the 90's, it's the code that is the massive game changer now.
The different strategies that can be used to blow up a game are very different.
90's code on current Sterns would be a bad combo;)
And nothing wrong with 90's code - some of the best games ever.

I’m the same as @mufcmufc when I first opened Tilt I preferred B/W but now it’s all about Stern and the depth of coding and statergy!

BM66 is a prime example... might be an extremely basic layout but the code is outstanding and extremely addictive to perform better

I'm going to get one but I may hold off initially just to see where the code is exactly
Unless you're absolutely desperate to get your hands on an LE, shouldn't this be the way forward with all purchases of a newly released game?

Unless you're absolutely desperate to get your hands on an LE, shouldn't this be the way forward with all purchases of a newly released game?

it is for me. The only game I bought before I'd played it was Batman '66 and as above that was a theme I wanted to get the LE on.

Cheers,
Neil.

Yeah probably mate. I'm a sucker for launch hype though, not just with pinball

my lineup is now predominantly stern, other than TAF, TZ and TOM, never expected that.

But IMDN, MET, TWD, LOTR etc and that’s including DP and the likeas wellas another AC/DC

There is also the exchange rate to consider. I got a better deal by buying GB sight unseen (although i saw advance pictures). Admittedly on Munsters I may wait as I'd probably want a prem and they are not run first anyway.

It will be unveiled before the 8th of Jan with first public showing at CES, Jack Danger will stream it from there I'm sure and then the game will be at EAG the following week, they have arrived in the UK but I believe without any code!
Also rumoured to be at INDISC.

Munsters reveal... Next Tuesday 7pm at CES and will be streamed via Dead Flip

Press release from Stern:

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

Stern Pinball announces today that we will be exhibiting at this year’s
Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, January 8th-11th, at booth 21800 in
South Hall 1 for our biggest presence yet.

This year’s booth presentation will be showcasing our one-of-a-kind Beatles
pinball machine as well as unveiling our newest game on Tuesday, January
8th, at 11:00am PST. The unveiling will be streamed live by Twitch
celebrity, Jack Danger, on his Twitch TV channel, Dead Flip

Along with bringing pinball machines for attendees to play, we will also be
showcasing the Stern Pinball Arcade, the company’s latest digital offering
for pinball enthusiasts and gamers.

Please read the attached press release for additional details.

You can also follow this event on our social media sites.

The only worry with Munsters is it looks like it could be mech heavy and Stern haven't exactly set the world on fire with mechs as of late

Not YET :p

Someone will want to move a PRO on... one day.
Is a shiny NIB Pin with 2 year warranty worth £1k to you? Think that's about the price difference between NIB and HUO. That's how I ended up with a NIB BM66 ;). £41.66/month, £9.60/week. Plus factor in you may need to pay for repairs without the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom