What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Who are we talking about here? Electrocoin? Massively short sighted of them if so

Who are we talking about here? Electrocoin? Massively short sighted of them if so

I'm pretty sure its not the retailers, but what Stern sell to Electrocoin at and what Electrocoin sell to the retailers isn't consistent to the rest of western Europe. Even with shipping from Germany to France to the UK you can still save a decent amount of wedge.

Wonder how many 12k Beatles have sold over here. Does anyone on the forum have one?

UK dealer (retail)price EU Dealer (retail) price (5th November VISA (retail) exchange rate)
DP Pro £6,495.00 £5,713.21
DP Pre £8,695.00 £7,513.21
DP LE £9,995.00 £9,322.01

IMDN Pro £6,495.00 £5,449.15
IMDN Pre £8,695.00 £7,221.52
IMDN LE £9,995.00 £9,322.01*

(I've assumed DP and IMDN LE where the same price in Europe as they sold out I couldn't find a price). These prices are via a French retailer and exchange rate based on 5th november, suspect this is a little worse now). and the EU price includes shipping costs to the UK.

its not just on that machine.

Apologies, should have phrased that better - I know we're shafted generally, but why are we being shafted more on The Beatles?

DP Premium - £8,695 / $7,599 (£6,047.73) = 43.8% more expensive

Beatles Gold - £11,995 / $7,999 (£6,366.44) = 88.4% more expensive

I'm just curious what makes The Beatles different.

Its all irrelevant as no Stern dealer is allowed to sell into the UK. So we just have to take it that we are getting charged extra.

Beatles was just another example of stupid greedy price fixing by people who can (official distributors)

Phil

The Beatles is a much, much bigger British brand than The Munsters. Everyone - even people who aren't in pinball yet - has heard of them, the same can't be said of the latter.

Ergo Stern probably think (arguably quite rightly) that the UK market is more motivated to buy a Beatles pin, so why not gouge them?

Surely that EU Price @Neil McRae is with the retailer putting their mark up on it too? If it is then that really is crazy how different it is in the UK.

I just watched an old HL vid on YouTube and they were selling an Aerosmith Pro for 4995. That was 4 years ago I think. I understand why people get annoyed when they talk about how such and such cost 10p and a bag of grapes in 1999. But 4 years and a 1500quid increase for a pro with no apparent reason is pretty strange.

Its all irrelevant as no Stern dealer is allowed to sell into the UK. So we just have to take it that we are getting charged extra.

Beatles was just another example of stupid greedy price fixing by people who can (official distributors)

Phil

Phil
How are they not allowed to sell into the UK? A retailer in any EU country is obliged to sell to any end user in any EU country.

Cheers
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are more scared of Stern cutting distributorship than silly EU laws. Anyway. Start stock piling before 29 March eh...

If Stern did that the EU would be all over them like a bad clear coat.

Neil.

What Neil said, i had a quote from Germany for an Iron Maiden they were willing to send over.

Apologies, should have phrased that better - I know we're shafted generally, but why are we being shafted more on The Beatles?

DP Premium - £8,695 / $7,599 (£6,047.73) = 43.8% more expensive

Beatles Gold - £11,995 / $7,999 (£6,366.44) = 88.4% more expensive

I'm just curious what makes The Beatles different.

no idea, but apparently electrocoin have bought alot of them.

Neil.

Surely that EU Price @Neil McRae

I just watched an old HL vid on YouTube and they were selling an Aerosmith Pro for 4995. That was 4 years ago I think. I understand why people get annoyed when they talk about how such and such cost 10p and a bag of grapes in 1999. But 4 years and a 1500quid increase for a pro with no apparent reason is pretty strange.

Wasn't an aerosmith for £4995 4 years ago as it was officially launched less than 2 years ago (16/1/17)

I believe it was £5995 at launch

What Neil said, i had a quote from Germany for an Iron Maiden they were willing to send over.
They have to by law - they can't refuse the purchase. I bought my IMDN Prem abroad purely because of the massive price difference...

Crack on boys. Let me know how it goes. The dealers are **** scared of stern

Would definitely rather buy here @philpalmer and for most machines there isn't a crazy price difference so I wouldn't even think about it. However, there was no shortage of dealers willing to sell (most did refuse to ship but noted that they legally have to accept purchases from EU countries). IMDN prem in particular was weirdly much cheaper from the EU.

Crack on boys. Let me know how it goes. The dealers are **** scared of stern

I get that the dealers don't want to **** Stern off - but how would stern know? And I'd rather buy via you also; but buying from EU is like buy 5 get one free! :D

anyway Phil, we've given you enough ammo to go to stern and bang the table that they are too pricey! :D :D :D I'll start holding my breath now :rofl:

Neil.

Maybe this is one of the reasons they want to add online functionality - import a machine against their wishes and they'll brick it remotely!

Dont know that they would be able to legally, however they could certainly block updates and other functionality..

Damn Trackable serial numbers.... :rofl:

How are they trackable? Any problems and you’d just say you where Karl-Hienz Pinballsson and get your buddy in Lyon to forward any post.

And online - would take me all of 2 seconds to make a game look like it was in France - and one of those seconds opening the terminal window on my Mac.

Maybe he is thinking of AC/DC?

And online - would take me all of 2 seconds to make a game look like it was in France - and one of those seconds opening the terminal window on my Mac.

I was only kidding - don't think they're that foolish. I know how easy it is to spoof a location but many don't and low hanging fruit seems to be Sterns game. If they did want to do that though they could force a french only update on machines that appear to be located in France.

Back
Top Bottom