What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Is that over 16 years or something? Or just based on cost minus expected depreciation?

I meant the depreciation selling it after 2 years. Lots of variables of course so just speculation based on what I know.

If my timing had been better I would have 'lost' £1k on my Met Premium after nearly 2 years of owning it from new.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

'Lost' £150 on my new Walking Dead LE after a year. On the opposite end of the scale though I didn't do very well with my WOZ 75th. Took quite a hit on that one :tut:

Could be chatting absolute nonsense, but wasn't this another high ender like BM66 just not a KAPOW game? Sure I heard it was loaded and expensive.

Price is up $600 in the US is the strong rumour - so expect that to be £600 in the UK. LE will skate over my max price of £10K for a pinball machine I predict! Maybe source via Europe would get it back down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Price is up $600 in the US is the strong rumour - so expect that to be £600 in the UK. LE will skate over my max price of £10K for a pinball machine I predict! Maybe source via Europe would get it back down?

Ironically that's £10k over my max price for a pinball..

That’s going to be hard to swallow..
Oh go on then......
2a0b528f1d2540344efb4f9ad4143fe7.jpg

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

If this is true I'm probably out. Got to draw a line somewhere. We're already paying way more than we should

Not sure I get the warranty point?

Would love to be wrong on the price part but I doubt it.

It amuses that folks are calculating depreciation on pinball machines, I always think I’ll get nothing for my game - that way when I do it’s all bonus! I guess Next we will get a miles per gallon question! (Sorry on a few car forums where this question comes up all the time).

Ironically that's £10k over my max price for a pinball..

Lol yes indeed first world problems!

A few years ago I worked out in total what I was spending on cars and was horrified and then picked a number I’d never spend more on a car. Started to apply the same thinking to many things.

Same here. If I knew how much my WOZ was going to sell for I wouldn't have bought it as I don't feel like I got £2.5k+ worth of enjoyment out of it.

Let's just say there are different amounts of disposable income on this site.

I’m just thankful i have a little bit of disposable income - enough to sample this fun hobby. Life keeps trying to claw it away from me though...
It has become less fun as the prices have gone up and the games move on less frequently for less afforable prices. £10k is insane. I waited 20yrs to own a TZ, so i’ll have to wait another 30yrs (maybe?) to own a Munsters, unless they fall apart far sooner, in which case i might not want one.

Last edited:
Same here. If I knew how much my WOZ was going to sell for I wouldn't have bought it as I don't feel like I got £2.5k+ worth of enjoyment out of it.

Let's just say there are different amounts of disposable income on this site.

What I said probably comes across not how I mean, but your first point is more of what I'm thinking. If I didn't own the new games I have I'd probably never get a chance to play them.

Neil.

I think we were lucky to get into it when we did. Otherwise there is no way I'd have 40+ games.

It has become less fun as the prices have gone up and the games move on less frequently for less adorable prices. £10k is insane.

I was looking for an old email the other day from someone called Phil, which led me to stumble across emails with @philpalmer from previous NIB purchases. I knew that games used to be much cheaper than they are now, but I'd forgotten exactly how much more affordable NIB used to be.

November 2012 - AC/DC Premium - £5995
April 2013 - Metallica MOP LE - £6695
June 2014 - Iron Man Vault - £4600
March 2016 - Ghostbusters Premium - £7000

Haven't bought a NIB Stern since - it's amazing how much they've gone up again in just the past couple of years!

Edit - if the dates above don't make sense it's because those were the dates from the original emails, not the month delivered.

I remember Tron LE in 2011.

A genuine LE in that only 400 and different features and no premium.

I thought at the time that £5299 NIB was crazy.

Never would have guessed that 8 years later LE's would be double the price, with less features :eek:

I think 2019 is going to be a quiet year for me!

Going back further, weren't NIB LOTR like 3.5k or something ??

I remember in 2009 selling my 1 year old, like new, Family Guy for around 2.2 k..... I was 2nd owner.... as I didn't want to hang on to it too long worrying about taking too much of a hit on it [emoji3]

Haha. Crazy.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

You wonder where it all ends. The **** has to fall out of it at some point you'd think

You wonder where it all ends. The **** has to fall out of it at some point you'd think

I hope it ends at the £12K for a Beatles Gold I'm seeing. Pity - I quite fancied one of those but if that's the NIB price I'm never going to own one, not even second hand.

I keep hearing there's a recession coming soon to the US, I'd guess that's when it all ends.

well the low interest rates that we have all enjoyed is going to end this year for sure in my view, that will make it tough for many folks and business alike. (get into a fixed rate mortgage now if you aren't already in one).

Back
Top Bottom