What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Hello, for my 1st working pinball can someone let me know a few prices? I'm after either a Tales From the Crypt or a Class of 1812. A guy I spoke to said a TFTC should be about £1200 - £1400 (that's not an uber mint one money, just an OK one).
The 1812 I really dunno (cue ONE MILLION! from someone!)

Thanks in advance!

Bring on the bagpipes! :clap:

I've seen an 1812 advertised for £1600 in Glasgow from a seller on Pinball Owners. Can't comment on seller or condition.

yep, i sold them both in the end as i didn't really like it as much as i thought i would. the ropey one with damp cab went for 800, the other complete one with a few switch issues, a burnt coil (and presumably transistor) went for mates-rates 1000 over this past summer. neither one had an intact door knocker launch button though (but the 'unobtainium' internal part was there)

i agree with the Sergeant's valuation ..... trouble is that the market also listens to the higher numbers things get sold for - so if someone sells one for 2K to an unsuspecting n00b, that's what he tries to sell it on for. then others selling refer to 'both' of these sales (actually the same game) ... and it becomes like the Emperor's new Clothes: enough people believe the nonsense, and if enough new folk with money and no interest in market value are happy to pay whatever, the lie becomes the new truth.

1200 would be a decent price for a good one nowadays i guess.

Thankyou everyone for your input, it is much appreciated! I still hope to have myself a TFTC within the next few months!

"...'unobtainium' internal part" - wassat then? Which part Cooldan?

Also that is very good assessment of arcade collecting, (I'm a dedicated upright collector really) but it's just as apt in pinball collecting. If people believe the eBay - "well on eBay one sold for xxx..." malarky and the overpriced insurance assessments the silly figures are the new going rates. I've seen crazy prices in the US recently with bidding wars (or very shilled) means the sold overpriced parts now are the new going rates! That combined with the weak £ against the $ of course makes it even worse.... + shipping.

"...'unobtainium' internal part" - wassat then? Which part Cooldan?

The ugly outer plastic door knocker has been reproduced and can be bought. But it attaches to a metal piece that then activates a switch - if that bit is missing then you need to improvise. On both the ones I had, the plastic was busted but that could be brought back to 100% by buying a part for £30 or so, so much better than if the entire launch mech was missing.

Ah, OK! I'll see when the next TFTC turns up as to whether it has the door knocker and the part you mentioned. I knew the golden heads on them were fragile, I didn't realise the handles and the section behind was prone to damage too. Looks to be the plate section with a microswitch and the long lever piece if I've looked it up correctly.

Ah, OK! I'll see when the next TFTC turns up as to whether it has the door knocker and the part you mentioned. I knew the golden heads on them were fragile, I didn't realise the handles and the section behind was prone to damage too. Looks to be the plate section with a microswitch and the long lever piece if I've looked it up correctly.
I'm sure I've seen a tftc up on pinball owners for sale, no price only 1 picture but it does have the knocker.

http://www.pinballowners.com/beasty#53992

Link for seller of TFTC is above

Last edited:
Yeah good spot, I'd contacted him and it looked promising but the original owner had it back. Still I'm hopeful on another one right now.

Got a mate who's looking at a Banzi Run, I know they're fairly rare but any ideas of a price? I've not seen it but he said its in a good condition. Points to look out for would also be welcomed.

Thanks

Got a mate who's looking at a Banzi Run, I know they're fairly rare but any ideas of a price? I've not seen it but he said its in a good condition. Points to look out for would also be welcomed.

Thanks
If it's a complete working game in good condition I'd say it's worth £1500+. As you say they are fairly rare and they don't come up that often, so I wouldn't be surprised if somebody wanted more for a nice one.

Major points to look out for: Both of the ramps get hammered where the balls drop and will likely be broken or well on their way to broken if not replaced with repro's.

The magnetic ball carrier is easily broken if the playfield upper playfield is moved when in its lowest position and to the best of my knowledge unobtanium. Be very careful when moving the upper playfield, there's a test button to move the carrier just behind the backglass.

As with many System 11 games the displays are often outgassed and replacements difficult to source or expensive if opting to change for a PinLED etc.

If it's a complete working game in good condition I'd say it's worth £1500+. As you say they are fairly rare and they don't come up that often, so I wouldn't be surprised if somebody wanted more for a nice one.

Major points to look out for: Both of the ramps get hammered where the balls drop and will likely be broken or well on their way to broken if not replaced with repro's.

The magnetic ball carrier is easily broken if the playfield upper playfield is moved when in its lowest position and to the best of my knowledge unobtanium. Be very careful when moving the upper playfield, there's a test button to move the carrier just behind the backglass.

As with many System 11 games the displays are often outgassed and replacements difficult to source or expensive if opting to change for a PinLED etc.
Thanks for the pointers Aaron, I'll make sure he knows.

Any one else agree or disagree with the guide price? Always good to get a few ideas when it comes to something unusual.

I think Aaron is spot on :thumbs: I've got a nice BR and I wouldn't be selling it for less than £2K but £1500 and up depending on condition seems right to me :)

Hello everyone, hope this is the right place to post: I quite fancy a Williams Indiana jones. Just wondered what people think an average price might be for a decent condition example? And also, are they common or rare? Will be my first pin - Happy to take my time, but quite fancy a theme that i love (at least for the first one - who knows after that!).
Thanks for any advice.

I'm outta touch on these more expensive games but I reckon you're looking at £3.5k- £4K for a nice one.

They're not like buses but they surface every now and then.

Great game though. It's certainly on my radar for the future.

I'd say a faded cab but decent playfield example is going to be somewhere around £3K in the current market. For a game like this that has some issues and needs a bit of work you might be able to grab something for £2.5K - £2.8K but I don't think you'll see it below this price anymore unless it's properly f*cked.

For a game that's been re-decalled and is in nice shape than Gaz's estimate of £3.5K to £4K sounds about right and for an absolute minter I'd say £4.5K

Williams IJ = 2K to 5K (and everything in between)

How much you want it versus how much you want to spend? Buy it at any price you are comfortable with.

Thanks guys - very interesting and sounds pretty much spot on. I saw one go on Ebay (which I'm avoiding if I can help it) last week for just over 3K. It was pretty faded and had a little wear, and I thought that was a little expensive, but sounds like that was about the going rate. I'm starting to realise you can apply new decals to faded tables etc...

Its fun to look and learn a little before deciding!

Thanks guys - very interesting and sounds pretty much spot on. I saw one go on Ebay (which I'm avoiding if I can help it) last week for just over 3K. It was pretty faded and had a little wear, and I thought that was a little expensive, but sounds like that was about the going rate. I'm starting to realise you can apply new decals to faded tables etc...

Its fun to look and learn a little before deciding!

For goodness sake avoid eBay. Saying that my first purchase was on eBay and I got lucky. That was many years ago. eBay has changed since then. It used to be 'I have something, who wants it ?' But now it's 'I've got something, how much money can I get for it '

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi

What's the going rate for a clean gladiators pin?
Cheers
Difficult to say as very few around in the UK. Have never seen one in the flesh over here. There was one hanging about on ebay for ages a while back.

£1K ish??..... If you can find one

Oddly enough it's one of the few Gott DMD games I'd entertain having [emoji4] Played one in the US and liked it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's more than I'm prepared to pay for it. But I was thinking that it's going to go for nearly 1k which is perhaps 3 or 4 times what it's really worth, but I'm still learning about real pin prices and ebay prices.

I really enjoy this age of gottlieb as the racks of drop targets are very satisfying to complete. I forgot to bid on flying circus near me that went sub 500 . I certainly punt 500 on this if closer. Em games tend to stall on ebay unless 2 go crazy for it.

I really enjoy this age of gottlieb as the racks of drop targets are very satisfying to complete. I forgot to bid on flying circus near me that went sub 500 . I certainly punt 500 on this if closer. Em games tend to stall on ebay unless 2 go crazy for it.

Prices on EMs ...particularly nice lookers ....have been rising considerably last couple years. Wouldn't surprise me if this goes 700+.

I think its Pinflation in general ....especially on Ebay where modern DMDs are listed at 1.5K minimum all day long, a low start EM can seem attractive, and weirdly EM auctions almost seem to be popping up more than soild state games these days. Hardly ever see Sys 11 games anymore ....where the hell are they all ???:rolleyes:

What 700+ for a non working EM machine with no information about the sort of fault it has?

I wish I got into this game before it was as popular as it is now and you'd be able to get a lot more for your money.

Just goes to show Pinball is cool!

Back
Top Bottom