What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

Can anyone give me a valuation on these two machines

1. Surf n safari ,superb condition ,no faults ,super clean

2 starwars trilogy ,good condition ,no wear on Playfield ,all working ,few we marks on front of machine ,black paint has flaked away round some of the edges

Can anyone give me a valuation on these two machines

1. Surf n safari ,superb condition ,no faults ,super clean

2 starwars trilogy ,good condition ,no wear on Playfield ,all working ,few we marks on front of machine ,black paint has flaked away round some of the edges
Ballpark.....

1. 750.... maybe more if super nice

2. 1500

Bit tricky without pics but IMO:
  • Surf n Safari - £500 to £800
  • Star Wars Trilogy - £900 to £1300

image.jpgimage.jpg Couple of pics of the starwars
Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 35
Hi guys.
What's the price range for a MM (Williams) nowadays?
Just seems to keep going up.
Thanks
Dom

i'm guessing you were watching @strobey streaming MM last night then. good, wunnit. i think Ivan's price is on the low side tbh, if you can find an original MM for 4500 i'd be surprised if it's in decent condition. some interesting chat in the strobey channel last night about MM vs MMR and prices and costs and value. Tim was right, all owners are gonna be biased, MM owners will say that's better, MMR owners will disagree, both sides are right until/unless some new info comes up about MMR - so far, they're all holding up well as far as i know.

i'm guessing you were watching @strobey streaming MM last night then. good, wunnit. i think Ivan's price is on the low side tbh, if you can find an original MM for 4500 i'd be surprised if it's in decent condition. some interesting chat in the strobey channel last night about MM vs MMR and prices and costs and value. Tim was right, all owners are gonna be biased, MM owners will say that's better, MMR owners will disagree, both sides are right until/unless some new info comes up about MMR - so far, they're all holding up well as far as i know.
Oh yes, would expect rough at 4500 but there def was one on here, trying to find link, I think Dean/Fintan Stack took it??

Always preferred AFM. I find MM oddly unengaging myself.

Yes i was watching it. Reminded me how much i loved it when i played it. It is also my son's favourite game. Just don't seem to be many around. I'll keep on looking.

Some of you will know where this one stems from - been in touch with the seller.
Playfield wear seems extensive, dead displays and shot bumpers.
Leaning towards steering clear as looks like a playfield replacement also?

Apologies - resize required...
Thoughts are on whether the playfield is salvageable...

Attachments

• 20161010_171956-1024x1820.jpg
    20161010_171956-1024x1820.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20161010_171930_resized-1024x1820.jpg
    20161010_171930_resized-1024x1820.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2016-10-11_13.16.02-1024x1820.jpg
    2016-10-11_13.16.02-1024x1820.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 46
Everything is salvageable, just depends how much you want to spend :thumbs: Just to get a working game is going to cost you a few quid if you have to replace the displays.

With that playfield wear and the other issues mentioned I wouldn't want to be paying more than £400 :)

Thanks for that.
Yes I checked and those overlays for the playfield don't seem to be available. Seems to be plenty of clearcut or mylar peeled away all over the playfield with lose text etc. Replaceable without new playfield? I can't locate playfield decals like the 2x , only decals for the plastics.
Leaning towards steering clear but just checking if those pieces can be replaced and maybe a fresh mylar applied overall.

Everything is salvageable, just depends how much you want to spend :thumbs: Just to get a working game is going to cost you a few quid if you have to replace the displays.

With that playfield wear and the other issues mentioned I wouldn't want to be paying more than £400 :)

Actually I found the insert decals. Main issue is the wear through to the wood in front of the flipper.
Aside from the bumpers and the dead display!

Should be repairable. If you can't do it yourself try a local art college. It's a Hurricane so I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on it.

Should be repairable. If you can't do it yourself try a local art college. It's a Hurricane so I wouldn't want to spend a fortune on it.
Thanks - it's a cyclone so a but more worthy of some kind of restoration.

Any other thoughts on possible value?

factoring a display cost is always an issue with system 11 stuff. sellers rarely see it as a £200 reduction but technically it is as replacing with original type displays at this point in time might be a false economy. would say a full worker with good playfield could nudge a grand so I think in this state £400 is tops.

Thanks very much for that, appreciate the consensus on it.

All the best,
Stationfire

factoring a display cost is always an issue with system 11 stuff. sellers rarely see it as a £200 reduction but technically it is as replacing with original type displays at this point in time might be a false economy. would say a full worker with good playfield could nudge a grand so I think in this state £400 is tops.

Thanks - it's a cyclone so a but more worthy of some kind of restoration.

Any other thoughts on possible value?
Well Cyclone is a decent game but it is very easy for these things to become a money pit.
You have to weigh up how much it will cost to get the machine into a state you are happy with or would it be easier/cheaper to just buy a nice one instead ?

Well Cyclone is a decent game but it is very easy for these things to become a money pit.
You have to weigh up how much it will cost to get the machine into a state you are happy with or would it be easier/cheaper to just buy a nice one instead ?

Thanks, Yes - I expect it can be quite a drain. The thought of a restoration is appealing on the basis of "saving one from eventual dumping based on its issues ", but I need to be realistic also...

Thanks, Yes - I expect it can be quite a drain. The thought of a restoration is appealing on the basis of "saving one from eventual dumping based on its issues ", but I need to be realistic also...
It's very easy to get carried away (especially if you are new to the hobby).
Now some games are worth the cost of sourcing new playfields, backglasses etc (Fathom, Centaur etc) but I'm not too sure a Cyclone would be worth it.

If it plays I would consider buying it if it were cheap enough and look at doing the work myself. Playfield touch up is a skill that can be learnt. You can tape a transparency on the playfield and practice your techniques without worrying about making a cobblers of it.

All great points. If it were a space station, I'd jump at it. I do like cyclone a lot, and have a soft spot for system 11, that's the only reason it pinged on my radar.

All great points. If it were a space station, I'd jump at it. I do like cyclone a lot, and have a soft spot for system 11, that's the only reason it pinged on my radar.

[updated with better links to pictures and a couple more machines]

Hi, could anyone please suggest price ranges for a few games. I need to extract a bit of cash from my collection again, so have to make a decision as to what I should sell...

Judge Dredd - fairly good condition, custom crane mod - https://goo.gl/photos/zMgsCGVFFtLLNLFJ7

Shadow - good player, all the rings although one is broken and held together with tape. It has suffered from bad wear on playfield about the Sanctum magnet, currently repaired with high strength wood filler but not re-painted. I do have a decal with the Sanctum text ready to stick over it, but the background colour needs re-painting first. https://goo.gl/photos/wy3GCZooJqJXUAmf9

Elektra - pretty good condition for a 30 year old machine, plays well. Lots of pics here: https://goo.gl/photos/VBSvM6PBt3rhmgKh9

Space Invaders - playfield is quite tired and backbox to body connection needs some carpentry to make it stronger, but it plays well. https://goo.gl/photos/eavzRz4YCVMgEp7JA

Maybe also

Wild Fyre - https://goo.gl/photos/Nc12P4KEFCrpYAVC8

Space Team - https://goo.gl/photos/mnBP6wjfSexEV5UK8 - a bit of an oddity this one, and I did kind of get badgered into offering Gary Flower first refusal on it, but it would be helpful to get a feel for what it is worth. If it's a lot I'll hold out for a good price from him, if it's a pittance I'll keep it :)

And/or - I have a Revenge From Mars too, but I'd probably rather hang on to that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom