What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

Big thanks to @Big Phil , a great seller and asset to the community with the hard work he puts into the nerg event.

Also, begrudging thanks to @windoesnot for his second rate Martin impersonation ;)

Thanks @cooldan for an excellent pinball ****up at your place. Great Creech and MB, love playing Sopranos, avatar is underrated. Also great pizza and good to see all the peeps too.

And after your Bowen Kerin impersonation on Batman I don't think you can keep saying not good at pinball. Trades descriptions and all that.... Still not cool though , but that's cool.

I want to say a massive thank you to @chrisb for my Spiderman which I collected yesterday. It plays beautifully, me and the missus played it for 5 hours straight last night once we got it setup.

Also, big thanks to everyone on the site, it's been invaluable reading all the advice leading me to get my first pin. I've made a donation to the site to show my appreciation.

I must say, pinball tables are much like tattoo's. As soon as you get one, you want more!

Congrats to Phil on his win this weekend! Thanks for letting us invade your house and play your games, also a big thanks to Wayne for organising and Julie for the food!

Congrats to Phil on his win this weekend! Thanks for letting us invade your house and play your games, also a big thanks to Wayne for organising and Julie for the food!
Yep, big thanks to Phil, Wayne and Julie!

A big thanks to @I TiltAlot for hooking me up with my first game. You really went above and beyond by setting it up with me and showing me the basics. It is playing lovely and me and the Mrs had a good session playing it last night (now now none of those thoughts please...)

Cheers

Chris

Huge thank you to @replicas for fixing my ball guides along with repairing my ramp entrances! Plus sending me a load of metal posts I needed!

Brilliant! Can't thank you enough matey!

Dunc

EPIC SUPER BIG MEGA THANKS to @Nickbs for collecting my MR & MRS PAC-MAN from the seller last night and bringing it to Special When Lit this weekend, thus saving me a 300-mile round trip to Devon. Turns out it was just 4 miles away from his house! This really is the sort of selfless generosity that makes this community so frickin' awesome :D

And whilst I'm here just a reminder that at Special When Lit in Salisbury this weekend it's the 'Not Another Birthday Tournament' Tournament (50th edition) hosted by @Moonraker:

http://www.pinballinfo.com/communit...ament-tournament-50th-special-when-lit.34291/

SWL really is a great venue. 20+ pinball machines, all in excellent to mint condition. And no ropy 3rd-rate titles! We're talking AVENGERS LE, CACTUS CANYON CONTINUED, MEDIEVAL MADNESS, METALLICA LE, MONSTER BASH, TRON, TWILIGHT ZONE, THEATRE OF MAGIC, TERMINATOR 2, ATTACK FROM MARS and more plus some of my favourite old-school classics: SPIRIT, SPACE HAWKS, GENESIS and the truly delicious PINK PANTHER. What's not to like?

Thanks to @aaronhicksuk for sorting out the latest group buy for the Roman PDI Glass. It was a while since it came into the UK but i've only just managed to get around to collecting mine. It's safely stashed away now in readiness for Rocky & Bullwinkle being finished off (work on that will resume next week).

Also, big thanks to @Monkeyboypaul for kindly collecting and transporting the glass back from Play Expo in Manchester. Alas it was a flying visit tonight as the wife decided she wanted to ride along; was nice to fleetingly say hello. I have to say your new pin lair is coming along nicely; a very impressive line up of machines you've got too. :)

Also, big thanks to @Monkeyboypaul for kindly collecting and transporting the glass back from Play Expo in Manchester. Alas it was a flying visit tonight as the wife decided she wanted to ride along; was nice to fleetingly say hello. I have to say your new pin lair is coming along nicely; a very impressive line up of machines you've got too. :)
No problem, and thanks. Shame you couldn't stop for longer.

Thank you to @Nedreud for setting me up with MAME on my laptop so I can play all the classics at home for nowt. Obviously Galaga primarily, but I'll also be revisiting those old PacMan mazes, Pengo, Zaxxon, Asteroids, Donkey Kong, Mr Do etc [emoji2]
Just waiting on a joystick off eBay now and let the good times roll.

Thank you to @Nedreud for setting me up with MAME on my laptop so I can play all the classics at home for nowt. Obviously Galaga primarily, but I'll also be revisiting those old PacMan mazes, Pengo, Zaxxon, Asteroids, Donkey Kong, Mr Do etc [emoji2]
You'll be ordering Happ parts next and building your own custom barcade before you know it... ;)

I did the same. Had the old simpsons mame set up from my latop to my TV. Two joysticks plugged in for the retro feel. She said it was s#it and the fun soon got boring playing it on my own. Would be great for a boys beer night in though.

I built a two player arcade stick. The grandkids love it but the wife complains i've corrupted them because they don't even want to play Xbox any more; it's just Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands all day long.

I built a two player arcade stick. The grandkids love it but the wife complains i've corrupted them because they don't even want to play Xbox any more; it's just Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands all day long.
There is NOTHING wrong with playing Bubble Bobble all day long. NOTHING.

Big thanks to @cooldan for coming over tonight and playing some pinball :thumbs: Shock as Dan plays a load of pre DMD games ;) Even had a go on Flash Gordon :D

Just got home in the Askeymobile (now the cooldanmobile) which managed a tasty 109mph on the way home, the only problem being that the rear view mirror fell off and I can't get it to go back on.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161116_087431ccd075cddcba4560390cdeedfb.jpg

Anyway I'm sure it'll be ok. Thanks to @myPinballs Jim for picking me up from the station and for entertaining me on Ghostbusters. And thanks to @ronsplooter Chris for entertaining me with Transporter the Rescue, Iron Man, Swords of Fury, Banzai Run, Space Station, Flash Gordon and Night Moves.

You used to be able to get lil glue packs in halfrauds for gluing them back onto the glass (think it's prob just thick superglue [emoji6])

Back
Top Bottom