What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank You.

Not sure he reads on here - but public thanks need to be given to Mark (@Longsiders) for delivering the NBA's to my house (over 2 different days in the p*ssing rain after a long day at work) needed due to the clutch on my car dying & so that they can be used for a competition to raise money for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Regards,
Dan.

This was bought and paid for a while ago but had to sit in line as Kev finished STTNG ( thank god it was before DM!) But huge thanks to @newdos for going above and beyond on this TZ, a grail pin of mine and what a peach it is now too! And thanks to @aaronhicksuk for the supply and Kev for the cutting of the pesky missing bumper cap for my @STTNG!! And finally (expects music to cut my speach off) @philpalmer for fixing the dmd that @replicas sold me that I promptly blew up!
20151205_165938.jpg

I'll add to this....
Would like to thank "Jay Walker", he sent me a load of old Gottlieb parts and wanted no more than the price of a pint and the postage costs..
Without his help with advice and the parts he sent my machine would not be as it is....

Thanks' David. :thumbs:

Some great guys involved in the pin table community who are willing to help out newbies and fellow experts looking for that elusive part to finish their project.

Just picked up this banzai today. Can't believe that I found a decent one. Mylar has saved the playfield. Will try to get it in competition ready state ahead of the midlands league meeting here in feb.

image.jpg

image.jpg

You take this game down in a unique way. Get it wrong and you can bust the irreplaceable vertical ball carrier, or smash the vertical or horizontal glass. Just moving it was a major undertaking that needs two folk. It is a worker, but needs a number of game specific parts, new main and subway ramps, most worryingly - a new top right display (unique board), head lock mechanism (which is unique), proper coin door, cabinet work due to a hash up coin door being in there, dead batteries (praying no serious damage) but it does not always boot when you power it up .....

Thanks to @colran65 for taking the trouble to notify the forum about the sale of his friend's machine, and for sending me photos when he had no financial interest in the deal. And for the long chat we had about it over the weekend

Thanks also to @ronsplooter , @lukewells and @pinballmania for the pre-purchase advice they gave me as these games have unique cabinets, unique boards so I wanted to go in with my eyes open.

Had my first ever visit from Martin today. Bought my first game unseen.

Thanks to @ianw . Accurately described, properly looked after, was absolutely fantastically packaged - cardboard corners, cardboard skin, bubblewrap, polythene wrapped, came with new legs, leg protectors and spare plastics.

You can buy with absolute confidence from Ian. What a joy to buy a genuine "plug and play" from an enthusiast compared to my recent Funhouse and Banzai "working projects" from owners who only knew where the on switch was

Even a remote battery opposed to the dead and corroding ones on the motherboard. No dead insects inside it......

Thanks also to @kevlar for doing such a nice job with it as a former custodian before selling to Ian

Final thanks to @ronsplooter for his pre-purchase guidance on this title

image.jpg

Thats is it now, no more until i have sorted my games room out in early śummer

In the solid state era, there is a strange evolutionary flow. Imho ...

The early 80s SS Ballys look the best -Fathom, Medusa, Centaur, Vector etc

The late 80s System 11s sound the best - Swords of Fury, BK2K etc

The 90s wpc games play the best

Thank you to @aaronhicksuk who has patiently been helping me try to learn how to diagnose board faults - mostly caused by me with sending voltage where it shouldn't go, doing stuff with machine on.

He's already taught me loads of cool tricks and fun little shortcuts involving croc clips and the like, and it's most enjoyable

Major thanks again to @replicas for helping build another games room (the second within 12 months) in the new house, turning a concrete shell garage into something very close to what I had before. Final leg of finishing touches and I'm there, back in the pinball world. Cheers pal, massively appreciated. :thumbs:

s15.postimg.org_6qvuswmd7_20160109_181218.jpg

s30.postimg.org_oyw6odpg1_20160109_181211.jpg

As you can see, I left loads of space for parking the car. o_O..... :D

s22.postimg.org_k37kjwa81_20160109_181301.jpg

Nice work guys, looking good :thumbs:

Give me a shout if you need a hand getting the pins set up again like last time John, so long as its before mid April :rofl:

Had my first ever visit from Martin today. Bought my first game unseen.

Thanks to @ianw . Accurately described, properly looked after, was absolutely fantastically packaged - cardboard corners, cardboard skin, bubblewrap, polythene wrapped, came with new legs, leg protectors and spare plastics.

You can buy with absolute confidence from Ian. What a joy to buy a genuine "plug and play" from an enthusiast compared to my recent Funhouse and Banzai "working projects" from owners who only knew where the on switch was

Even a remote battery opposed to the dead and corroding ones on the motherboard. No dead insects inside it......

Thanks also to @kevlar for doing such a nice job with it as a former custodian before selling to Ian

Final thanks to @ronsplooter for his pre-purchase guidance on this title

View attachment 24481

You say its your first machine ? you do realise there is another one sat right next to it ?? :p

First machine "unseen", implying he saw prior purchases in person before parting with cash. :)

A big thanks to @chris b for selling to me my first project (Black Rose) and the extra bits you through in with it.

I will take you up on your offer of help but I'll try not to bother you to much, after all I may buy more from you in the future.

A big thanks to @chris b for selling to me my first project (Black Rose) and the extra bits you through in with it.

I will take you up on your offer of help but I'll try not to bother you to much, after all I may buy more from you in the future.

Nice one, Rosie is a great pin. Wish I'd never sold mine.

Back
Top Bottom