What's new

Complete TAF, fullish rebuild

Looking nice and smooth, should be fine for a long time with home use.
What are you using to polish the metal with? Fancy doing a tips and tricks video as you appear to be getting a great result?
Thanks , Yeh should be able to do a polishing tips and tricks video . Still got a mountain of stuff to polish , can you upload a video quite easily or does it take ages to load , cheers lee

Still mini/ big , not full I,m going to do the playfield , inserts and clearcoat at a later date , everything else will be cleaned and tidied up , I hear what yr saying , I don,t think there's such a thing as a mini rebuild when it comes to pinball , you go to clean /fix one bit and you find another bit to do ;)

It's going back together at the mo. Some of the larger bits that need cleaning under the playfield I will do individually , otherwise I think I will loose track of what goes where. My hat goes off to any of you,s who have done a full playfield strip down ! Taking it down to the bare wood! :clap:

For most people, I think you are going far enough to call this a full rebuild though I hear what you are saying about inserts.
I also recognise what you say about just starting on one part leading to a much larger project as you see the next dirty bit.

My CFTBL was close enough to a back to wood on top and underneath but underneath was done piece at a time so there was not a mass of wired to deal with. The pop bumpers were easy to remove as they didn't have lights in (original), I added lights to make the next rebuild harder. ;)

Wow, definetly less blury in the second picture. ;)
And cleaning up nicely, the metal work is looking very good.

Top of playfield nearly done , good job , cos I,m getting bored . Tomorrow I,m welding up the 3kickouts that are broken . Then hopefully test time , I,ll clean the rest of the underside. Bit by bit ' happy days Nearly forgot , I,ve got to clean up and strip the bookcase ! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom