What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Romans/PDI Glass (Standard, Wide Body & Safecracker Sizes)

Expired Due to no activity
I got one defective sheet (slight chip) because it was all he had at the time (was my 2nd&3rd sheet) at a show and I didn't think I would get a chance to buy any more (then bought a crate load) I got a 20€ discount on it, but I wouldn't do it again, you want it to be spot on

Always worth telling him the general opinion and seeing if he comes back with a more reasonable offer. You don't ask, you don't get :)

Thanks for the advice Nick.

@RGV
Roman has already made it pretty clear to me that he can't offer any further discount on the glass. My understanding is the sheets that aren't up to scratch can be returned to the manufacturer as they don't meet the standard set out in their contract. I guess he just wanted to offer a means of getting all the glass we wanted over in one move, but I don't mind having a second pallet later in the year. I'll try and give him a call late this afternoon/early evening to try and get the good stuff over here asap.

Agreed, for 10 euros saving I will wait for the perfect sheets.

I am still after one for Safecracker

Agreed, for 10 euros saving I will wait for the perfect sheets.

I am still after one for Safecracker
There's enough perfect sheets for everybody who "preordered" to have what they wanted, just not enough for me or the spares. I'm not really too fussed about this as I'm not in a huge rush, many of my machines could do with shopping anyway! I'll be happy with it fitted to my widebody's for the time being.

I haven't forgotten that you'd like a sheet for your SafeCracker, I'll try and arrange for a sheet to be made up to go on a second pallet but need to get in touch with Roman first. :thumbs:

As per everyone else, I'm ok waiting on the perfect sheets as well.

If they turned up with a significant discount I'd hoover up a couple of extra sheets of seconds but otherwise I'll hang on for the good stuff.

Don't go to all this effort and not get your own glass Aaron. How many do you need? I will wait for 1 of my 3 like Dave so you get yours.

Thanks for offering to free up sheets for me guys, much appreciated. We're in the middle of extensive building works at the moment so unfortunately much of the property is pretty dusty at the moment. My widebody's are kept in a separate outbuilding so they aren't affected by it but the others are in the built in garage and get a bit of dust falling on top of them, so I was probably going to leave the old glass in for the time being anyway not wanting to damage the expensive stuff. I want to do a full shop on all of these machines anyway. I went through a phase of mad pin buying last year and can't work on them fast enough, especially with work commitments etc. I bought my first one Feb 14, now have 7 myself and my brother another 2, so 9 in total here lol!

My ST TNG has been in bits for a year now after stripping back to completely bare playfield for extensive restoration. Only just got back into it again this month after not doing anything for about 9 months so its progressing again at least. Currently going through the process of clearcoating and sanding to make the surface completely flat ready for touch ups and insert decals. A couple of pics of how it was and where I'm up to, only taken with camera phones though so sorry for awful quality.

How it was:

IMG_20140406_112444.jpg IMG_20140330_131336.jpg IMG_20140406_185521.jpg IMG_20140406_185527.jpg IMG_20140406_185531.jpg IMG_20140406_185537.jpg

How it is now:
WP_20150620_16_13_21_Pro.jpg WP_20150622_20_57_28_Pro.jpg

I imagine the lead time on a second batch would be simlar to this (around 6 weeks) and some people wanted to collect at the UKPP, so I could always try a sheet of the standard from the first batch and have more available on a second. The most important thing for me at the moment is getting the good stuff thats ready over here!

I'm in no rush, I have both types already so happy to be put on the second batch.

Great news, the first batch of glass has been payed for and should be shipping out today. All being well hopefully it should be with me the back end of this week/early next week. As promised the final prices to those who requested it are less than the original estimate; £125 for standard and SafeCracker and £135 for wide. I'll let you know when it arrives so that you can arrange collection.

Further to my last message Roman has confirmed the pallet has shipped, hopefully it will arrive here on Friday to allow for collections at the weekend. :)

This is great news - thanks @aaronhicksuk for sorting it all out and trusting us!

Just need to find the £375 now! How will you want payment; cash in person, BACs, Paypal gift, etc?

This is great news - thanks @aaronhicksuk for sorting it all out and trusting us!

Just need to find the £375 now! How will you want payment; cash in person, BACs, Paypal gift, etc?
Payment by cash in person, BACs or Paypal gift are all fine. I want to wait until the pallet has arrived in one piece before taking money though, I'll let you know as soon as it does.

hi, can't quite work out from the tread where you are with these? I am interested in a perfect one if you're importing more/ have any spares

thanks!

Great news everyone, the pallet of glass has arrived with me today safely and is ready to be collected. Really pleased that I've done this, the sheet in my TZ looks awesome!

I'll be at home all day tomorrow (Saturday) but will be out on Sunday as I'm travelling up to Leeds to pick up a new pin. I intend to travel up the A1(M) so if anybody wants to meet to collect glass somewhere on my route then you are welcome. Collection may be possible from my house Sunday evening though. Some days in the week are possible as are most evenings. Please PM me to arrange and for address/phone number details etc.

hi, can't quite work out from the tread where you are with these? I am interested in a perfect one if you're importing more/ have any spares

thanks!
I'm only importing perfect sheets but everything on this first batch has been spoken for with the exception of a single spare sheet of widebody. Let me know what you're after though as I'll be importing a second batch in the near future and will add you to my list. Pricing will be slightly higher than this batch though.
WP_20150710_16_34_56_Pro.jpg

Yeah:clap:

Given that you are in Kent will you be at Julian's meet in a couple of weeks time? Might be an easy way of sorting out collection for a lot of the SE crowd

I wasn't aware about Julians meet, when and where is it exactly? Sounds like a great chance to meet some of you guys, deliver glass and play pinball though. Hopefully it doesn't clash with anything else I have going on!

Yep yep yep. Sunday 26th in Bromley. Fantastic lineup of pins, friendly folks, and a big garden with a trampoline in it

@aaronhicksuk - do you know roughly what time you might be heading on up or back down the A1(M) on Sunday?

I'm just North of Selby, South of York (Riccall). About the same distance as Leeds but on the other side of the A1(M). Only complication is i have a Christening on Sunday about midday up near Wetherby but i'll also have the Mrs and baby with me, so we might pass each other! We'd be home by 3ish i guess though.

I asked for 3 standard sheets & could pay via paypal tomorrow or sunday a.m. if this might work. If you're delivering to another member nearby (not that many of us near me though) let me know and maybe we could work a relay in there somehow.

PM me if that's easier.

@aaronhicksuk - do you know roughly what time you might be heading on up or back down the A1(M) on Sunday?

I'm just North of Selby, South of York (Riccall). About the same distance as Leeds but on the other side of the A1(M). Only complication is i have a Christening on Sunday about midday up near Wetherby but i'll also have the Mrs and baby with me, so we might pass each other! We'd be home by 3ish i guess though.

I asked for 3 standard sheets & could pay via paypal tomorrow or sunday a.m. if this might work. If you're delivering to another member nearby (not that many of us near me though) let me know and maybe we could work a relay in there somehow.

PM me if that's easier.
I was hoping to leave home about 6 to 7 am and arrive in Leeds at 10/11 ish. Will likely be an hour or so turn around and then back down again. Paypal is fine but would prefer a bank transfer if possible. No deliveries planned at the moment but someone else may meet me on route to get it closer to you if the times don't work out. I'll PM you my mobile number so you can call me if you wish to discuss. :)

Yep yep yep. Sunday 26th in Bromley. Fantastic lineup of pins, friendly folks, and a big garden with a trampoline in it
The gathering sounds awesome but my fear it would be Sunday 26th was well founded. Unfortunately it clashes with my other hobby, riding my dirt bike and theres an event at one of my favourite tracks that day. :( I reckon we can work something out though as I'm sure somebody will be going to Julians who is picking up glass from me beforehand.

@cooldan & @johnwhitfield I've just spoken with my friend who I normally ride with and hes actually on holiday on July 26th so Julians sounds like a good option. I take it he's at @Julian on here? Will be nice to put faces to the names of regulars on here. :)

Glad it's arrived safely!!
Is there anyone collecting any glass who will end up in the bucks/beds/Berks/oxon area? Happy to pay some petrol money to anyone who can grab mine at the same time as theirs. Of course I'll also make sure the glass is paid for!

Back
Top Bottom