What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Romans/PDI Glass (Standard, Wide Body & Safecracker Sizes)

Expired Due to no activity
I'm still in for my 5 standard & 1 wide.

But if there are spare I'd take 6 standard & 3 wide.

Still want mine,
Depending on where these are being delivered to I'd be happy to collect mine and anyones elses if they are around the Midlands or on the way from the collection point.

Being at the Southern-most tip of the Northern League area, I'm happy to be a station on the "PDI-Railroad" picking up from a Midlands meet, delivering to either a Northern meet or using the handover as an excuse for a BBQ/ Pinball fest at my place...

We'd need to make sure @aaronhicksuk gets paid ok somehow though, and also get the stuff up to the Midlands in the right quantities (and in one piece)...

(EDIT: Do we have a firm per unit price as yet from Roman btw? No biggie, just if we're going to be sorting this kind of thing out we'll need to know how much we all owe and sorting Aaron out)

Spoke to Roman at the weekend. He has the glass ready to ship and is just waiting on confirmed numbers (plus payment?) from @aaronhicksuk he also said he had extra sheets available so The Dude should be ok if it's ok with @aaronhicksuk :thumbs:

Sorry all I've been a bit snowed under with other stuff this week. Thanks to everybody who has confirmed the glass they want, theres a couple of people who haven't but not for high volumes.

@Matt Vince : No problem adding 5 sheets to the order, does this mean you want 6 in total?
@mark9 : I've added 2 sheets of standard on for you now.

Based on the info provided I have submitted final numbers to Roman, so I should have a final cost per sheet when taking shipping and currency conversion into account soon.

As mentioned previously I'm not asking for any money up front as I'm happy to fund the initial purchase. This way if I have any problems with broken glass or long delivery times etc then I don't need to worry about other peoples money! As soon as the glass arrives with me safely then I'll be happy to take payment by any convenient method. (Cash on collection/bank transfer or Paypal.)

@RGV Thanks for offering to act as a station on the "PDI Railroad", its greatly appreciated. I'm very happy for you or anybody else who wishes to help get the glass to where it needs to be. Basically I just need to have the money for any glass that leaves my possession one way or another.

Thanks once again to everybody who has been involved with this so far. It will be nice to finally get some glass on the move! :clap:

Roman has come back to me very quickly today (its me thats been slow the last week!) He hopes to get a final cost over to me by Wednesday. The total amount of glass wanted has risen sharply over the last week or two since I last spoke with him and we now need to look at how much will fit on a pallet!

To give you a rough idea I'm looking to purchase and import a total of 80 sheets, which I've calculated will cost something in the region of £9.5k -10k!

Last edited:
Initially I was hoping we would get up to around 40 sheets or so to bring the cost of the pallet delivery down to a sensible amount per sheet, so demand has been higher than I expected. This is probably also partly due to the time we have had to wait for Roman to get another batch of glass manufactured etc.

Despite this and after much thought I'm still happy to fund the initial purchase up front until I have the glass safely in my possession. I just feel more comfortable doing it like this than taking money for something I don't actually have! This way if anything goes wrong with the delivery etc. then I only really have to worry about dealing with Roman and the courier/insurer etc. Thanks for the offers of cash up front though its greatly appreciated. Although its a lot of money of money to spend on glass, I don't see it as too great a liability as I'll still be holding on to whatever glass hasn't been collected and paid for as an asset.

@carl lawrence : I'll have a sheet of standard for you which I have included on the numbers quoted below.

In total my list has 54 sheets of standard, 14 sheets of wide and 1 SafeCracker allocated to people, so a total of 69 sheets. (This includes what I want for my current lineup and includes a sheet for carl lawrence) So I have requested an additional 9 sheets of standard and 2 wide.

In reality it has always been my intention to round up and order some additional spare sheets for 2 reasons:

a) Being a pinhead there's always the very real possibility of another pin joining my collection that I'd want glass for! (I've pretty much filled every available space but you know how the story goes....)
b) There's clearly a demand for this stuff in the UK and getting it over here is a bit of a pain. No doubt in a couple of weeks time somebody else will want a sheet or two and I should be able to satisfy their requirement. Worst case scenario I can't see I'll have anything left by the end of the UKPP/NLP later in the year even if a couple of people who have asked for glass let me down. (I don't expect this to happen though as everybody I've met from this forum I'd stick firmly in the "good people" bracket without hesitation.)

Hopefully the reasons why I didn't mention all of this in the first place should be fairly obvious. Thank you to everybody who has committed to buying glass for helping to make this happen. As promised at the beginning of the thread it isn't my intention to make money on this and you will be able to buy the glass you wanted at what is essentially cost price. I'm hoping to hear back from Roman with the final price with delivery etc. tomorrow. As soon as I have paid for the glass and know what has left my bank after currency fees I'll be able to say exactly what the price will be however I'm confident it will be a good bit less than the £140 standard/£150 wide set out in my initial post. For those who wanted to collect their glass at the UKPP or similar quite a bit later in the year I would like to take payment shortly after the glass has arrived safely with me to honour the reduced price. I'll then hold on to it until I can pass it over at the event.

As this thread has been running a long time and order numbers now finalised I'm making this post the line in the sand. Any additional sheets that people would like I am looking to sell at a slight premium which I hope everybody should agree is quite reasonable. Cost wise again I'm not 100% sure just yet but will likely be in line with what others have charged in the past when bring it over. (In other words reasonably close to the £140/£150 initially mentioned.) :cool:

Last edited:
Please tell me that you'll have some decent insurance for this order. I dread to think what could happen to 10k worth of glass:eek:

Please tell me that you'll have some decent insurance for this order. I dread to think what could happen to 10k worth of glass:eek:
Yea will definitely be insurance on this delivery and I'll be inspecting the pallet very carefully before signing for it! :thumbs:

Is there an update on the glass?

Thanks
Sorry for not updating sooner. I had a chat with Roman last week and apparently not all of the batch of glass manufactured met the standard he has agreed with the maufacturer. All of the widebody stuff is good, as is the SafeCracker sheet. He only has 49 good sheets of standard though and another 20 odd sheets with very minor defects that apparently only show up if you specifically look for them, more so on a neutral background. He can offer these sheets at a slight discount (around 10 euros each,) but in my opinion given how much a sheet costs I'd rather pay the full price and have it spot on. The defects look very minor though and many people probably wouldn't notice (those willing to pay for premium glass probably would though!) The specs are supposed to look like little "stars" on the glass.

The trouble is its very difficult to judge in photos and once the glass has shipped over here I can't send it back. According to Roman @mufcmufc has a sheet or two of the glass with defects and thought he was crazy. What is your opinion on it Nick?

I emailed Roman a couple of days ago about getting a pallet shipped with the good stuff and then shipping another one after another batch is manufactured but haven't heard back from him yet. This would also mean that additional sheets of SafeCracker size could be ordered for those who wanted one. Theres enough good sheets for everybody who has asked for it excluding myself and the spares I wanted to order. I'm considering just holding on to a few sheets all the time so people have somewhere to buy it from in the UK.

Anyway I welcome people comments on all of the above. Nothing in life is ever simple but I'm sure we'll get there in the end. I really want to get a sheet of wide in my TZ and upcoming ST TNG restoration. :rolleyes:

Here's a couple of pictures that Roman took to try and illustrate the issue, the specs are less than 1mm wide.

20150618_100735.jpg
20150618_100837.jpg

Last edited:
I would've been interested in the defective glass if it was half price (as well as the premium glass not instead) but for only a 10 euro discount doesn't seem worth it.

That is dissapointing, you can bet that Roman got it a lot cheaper than that, or for free.

I see another glass smashing you-tube video conning up!

Back
Top Bottom