What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Romans/PDI Glass (Standard, Wide Body & Safecracker Sizes)

Expired Due to no activity
Romans glass is 5mm thick, just a fraction thicker than the standard imperial stuff. I'm hoping this little bit extra should make the fit a bit snug for less rattle from uprated speakers. :D

Thanks, Aaron. Been doing more reading and it appears that 5mm is available but glaziers tend to stock 4 or 6mm. I was looking as something like Pilkington OptiWhite (which has been mentioned elsewhere on PinballInfo and I believe Roman has a video of OptiWhite vs. Standard glass on his YouTube channel). OptiWhite is optically very clear and considerably less green but doesn't have the cool anti-glare/reflective coating that makes Roman's glass so good!

I played a machine recently with 4mm and could tell immediately, everything was just that little bit louder. I rang a glass supplier to see if they could supply at a reasonable rate as I needed some and he could get 5mm but it was a special order, not something anyone carries normally. Ultimately it was only as cheap as PH if I bought 10 sheets so I just got one from PH at play expo.

Thanks, Aaron. Been doing more reading and it appears that 5mm is available but glaziers tend to stock 4 or 6mm. I was looking as something like Pilkington OptiWhite (which has been mentioned elsewhere on PinballInfo and I believe Roman has a video of OptiWhite vs. Standard glass on his YouTube channel). OptiWhite is optically very clear and considerably less green but doesn't have the cool anti-glare/reflective coating that makes Roman's glass so good!

Opti White is not green at all its big in the aquarium world at the mo. When an aquarium is made of it it looks invisible when full of water

I bought a pinball heaven replacement glass for my tz, as it came with glass that was too thin and shot out when you removed the lockdown bar.

The pinball heaven one is not reflection reducing, but it fitted perfectly and was the correct thickness.

I can support what @kevlar says here, glass that is too thin lets appreciably more noise through.

4 standard please, UKPP collection possible?

@Paul, sure no problem I've added 1 standard and 1 wide for your mate. @ianw I've added 4 standard on for you. I'll be at the UKPP so collection there will be fine.

Sorry I haven't addressed these queries sooner, I've been really busy the last couple of days with non pinball related life! I passed the final numbers of glass over to Roman on Thursday and it was his intention to check that he had the required amount available and that it is all in good condition etc over the weekend. I haven't heard back from him yet but expect I will hear from him shortly.

Just spotted this thread, any chance I can get a standard table piece please?
I added a few additional sheets on to the order so I'll have a sheet for you. :)

Hi any chance you'll be coming to the North East Retro Gaming show in June? Cheers.
Sorry unfortunately I don't intend to visit NERG at the moment however I expect to be at both the UKPP and NLP (Play Expo) later in the year.

Just in case anyone is wondering this hasn't been forgotten and is going ahead. I've been waiting for Roman to come back to me with a final shipped price, he also mentioned he needed to check through the quantity of glass he has and make sure that it all meets the required quality standard. I haven't heard from him in a few days so have emailed again to find out how this has progressed and also to try and add on another couple of sheets. Hope you have more info for you all soon. :cool:

Following my post yesterday I have spoken with Roman on the phone. Unfortunately he has been very busy with work recently and has had a few problems with the quality of some of the sheets of glass. Apparently they also had a storm in Germany recently which has caused additional complications. As it stands he doesn't have enough good sheets to fulfil the number we want and has placed another order with his supplier including a Safe Cracker size for @Safe cracker boy!. He expects to receive these in approximately 3 weeks, so middle of May time.

I hope this doesn't cause any problems for anyone, please let me know if you want to cancel or amend the amount of glass you would like. If anybody else is considering getting some then you have a little while to think about it. I'll provide updates here as soon as I know more and will certainly verify the quantities you have requested when the glass is ready before finalising numbers with Roman.

No worries for me. To be honest, the middle/ end of May still seems like a fairly prompt sorting out of such a big order from a foreign supplier as far as I'm concerned.

Don't stress it mate. I'm just happy someone's sorting this out for us all.

Funnily enough despite the joke from @kevlar earlier today, it turns out that Roman is actually working on glass for PB2K. Antireflective half at the bottom and a reflective half at the top with a foil!

Any more info about this? I'm considering attempting to make my own with some "mirror like" spray. It intrigues me that the original glass has a reflective tint most of the way down.

Any more info about this? I'm considering attempting to make my own with some "mirror like" spray. It intrigues me that the original glass has a reflective tint most of the way down.
Sorry @insx I haven't been on here for a few days. I don't know too much about it to be honest other than what has been said already. Roman's still devleoping it at the moment so its not available to buy yet. My understanding is its anti reflective on the bottom half and he is using a foil to make the top half reflective. I'll see if I can find out some more info when I get in touch with Roamn next.

Should be interesting. In the meantime, I have committed myself to buying some glass and using the mirror-like spray paint.

Only just been pointed to this thread! +1 standard one here please :)
Sure no problem, I've added a sheet of standard on to my list for you Matt. This has reminded me I need to get in touch with Roman to find out how his new batch is coming on...... I'll do that now lol!

@Matt Vince : No still not too late, I've added a standard sheet for you on to the list.

Quick update for everybody: Roman phoned the manufacturer yesterday to ask about the status of his order and he has been told the glass will ship to him next week. He will start to prepare it for us as soon as it arrives with him. Hope to have another update very soon. :)

Good news everyone, I've received an email from Roman today asking for final numbers on the glass. Please can you check below that the quantity and size/s of glass I have allocated to you is correct and confirm back to me either in this thread of via PM. I'm going to Amsterdam this weekend so please don't be offfended if it takes me a little while to get back to you with any queries etc. I hope to return with confirmations from everybody so that I can place the final order with Roman on Monday.

Many thanks to everybody that has expressed interest in this. If anybody else wants glass or if you wish to amend quantities/type etc then now is the time to say so! As mentioned previously I'm not asking for any money up front to fund this as I consider peoples word here good. Obviously this comes with a caveat that everyone here will find out if I have any problems! :thumbs:

@cooldan 2x Standard
@Dave Bishop 3x Standard
@Julian 5x Standard & 1x Wide
@Jalapeno5 1x Wide
@Safe cracker boy! 4x Wide 1x SafeCracker
@RGV 1x Standard
@Calimori 3x Standard
@elrikos 1x Wide
@JustLikeMe 3x Standard
@Monkeyboypaul 2x Standard
@mission65 3x Standard 2x Wide
@johnwhitfield 1x Standard