What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Romans/PDI Glass (Standard, Wide Body & Safecracker Sizes)

Expired Due to no activity

aaronhicksuk

Registered
Alias
Aaron
Following on from recent conversation on this thread: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/anti-reflective-pdi-optical-glass-standard-size.18913/
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/anti-reflective-pdi-optical-glass-standard-size.18913/
For those who don't know what its about more info can be found on the Pinball Decals website here:http://www.pinballdecals.com/NonGlareOpticalGlassPage.html
Martin at Pinball News also done a review of it here: http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

I have been in touch with Roman via email with a view to importing a pallet of his anti reflective glass and he responded very quickly. He has no problem with shipping to the UK but will only do so via pallet. A pallet can carry anything up to 60 sheets and although the cost will likely increase slightly with weight, ultimately the more sheets on it the cheaper the delivery should work out per sheet.

I know a few people have expressed interest already but I'm now looking to get a clearer idea on who would like what and how many sheets to bring in. The exact prices may vary slightly depending on currency conversion fees/delivery etc but realistically I should be able to sell a standard sheet for no more than £140 and a widebody for no more than £150. If theres plenty of interest this would likely work out less, I always think its best to under promise and over deliver!

As its large and fragile it would need to be collected from near Gravesend in Kent although I frequently travel around the M25 for work, mainly North & East London but occassionally around Heathrow so could meet up around those areas. I'll also likely be attending the UKPP (if it goes ahead) and NLP but obviously they aren't for some time. I'm sure if a few of you guys up North wanted some sheets you could work something out between yourselves mind. ;)

To get the ball rolling I'm probably looking to buy 5 sheets of narrow and 3 sheets of wide for myself.

ok i'm in for 2 normal sized but only if i can collect in West London or (even better) if it could be delivered.

I've not even seen it, but I can tell there's a lot of interest so I assume it's good stuff and really makes a difference?

Last edited:
€ is down against the £, so at €140 is around £110. Factor in shipping that's around £10 per sheet say for 30 sheets.

is this a money making excercise or if we all pay in before/dare I say pre-order then will we get our sheets at cost?

€ is down against the £, so at €140 is around £110. Factor in shipping that's around £10 per sheet say for 30 sheets.

is this a money making excercise or if we all pay in before/dare I say pre-order then will we get our sheets at cost?

The magical words are "no More than"......

ok i'm in for 2 normal sized but only if i can collect in West London or (even better) if it could be delivered.

I've not even seen it, but I can tell there's a lot of interest so I assume it's good stuff and really makes a difference?

I have something even better, not just invisi-glass, it's actually invisible-glass! No reflections, it's scratch resistant, dust repellent and weighs so little you won't even know it's there! Just paypal me £200 and I'll send you enough for every pinball machine you will ever own.

Thanks everyone who has expressed interest in the glass so far. I am keeping a tally of how many sheets people have asked for and its up to around 20 sheets so far. It is my intention to leave this running for around a week before placing an order to allow as many people to get involved as possible. To answer a few specific questions:

Certainly shouldn't be a problem to meet you somewhere around West London, another member has been in contact with me via PM in a similar location so should be able to work something out. I travel for work once every couple of weeks around the M25 to the Heathrow area so could probably swing through on the way home one evening. I don't really want to become a glass courier but if there is enough demand is a similar location then I don't mind helping out.

To be honest I haven't actually seen the stuff myself but all the research I have done suggests its the best anti glare glass available. My understanding is that it won't completely get rid of glare from really bright light such as a fluorescent tube directly above a pin, but it does dramatically reduce it. DMD glare is also dramatically reduced but not totally eradicated. In reasonable lighting conditions I believe it becomes largely invisible to the eye though. A few members on here are using the stuff already though so perhaps they could elaborate futher? @mufcmufc, @Megatron ??

€ is indeed down against the £, unfortunately the price I have been quoted by Roman has gone up from the €140 previously mentioned. To be totally transparent he has quoted €157.08 for standard and €168.98 for wide before shipping and currency transaction fees. (I haven't asked Roman how he takes payment yet, but whatever method is used this will certainly add on a bit.) Although a few people have met me and know who I am on here most don't. Because of this and coupled with the fact that it is pretty expensive stuff and has potential to be damaged in transit (although would be insured), it wasn't my intention to ask people for money up front. By the same token I don't know many of you so importing a pallet load of glass carries some risk for me. That said I've been on here for a little while now and get the impression that the vast majority are men of their word so I trust the place a lot more than the majority of the internet! If this wasn't the case then this thread wouldn't exist at all. To clarify this isn't a money making exercise but I'm definitely not looking to lose money for the aggravation, hence why I said the glass should work out no more than £140 for narrow and £150 for wide. Its always better to under promise and over deliver in my opinion, nobody would be happy if they are quoted less but it works out more but would likely be chuffed when it works out less.

I will take x3 wide body and if you could get one I would love x1 Safe cracker size as well :)
I've added you on for 3 wide. I'll ask about availability and price for Safe cracker size but shouldn't imagine it will be a problem.

Last edited:
Although a few people have MET me and know who I am on here most don't. Because of this and coupled with the fact that it is pretty expensive stuff and has potential to be damaged in transit (although would be insured), it wasn't my intention to ask people for money up front. By the same token I don't know many of you so importing a pallet load of glass carries some risk for me. That said I've been on here for a little while now and get the impression that the vast majority are men of their word so I trust the place a lot more than the majority of the internet!

Hi, I hate to be a kill joy but I would ask a small deposit for each glass order. Did a similar thing with the mirror blades and what people order often has a different priority when the order actually comes through and needs paying for. I think about 20% of people decided not to have any after reserving them. However if you are happy to fund it then it shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers Tony

I had some of Megatron's sheets last year. Yes they do look great, very clear, but no they don't eradicate reflections altogether just reduce them significantly.

Problem is when you have it in one machine, you want them in the others too!

My FT at the NLP last year had a sheet on, not sure if anyone noticed :)

I've just taken these photo's of PDI vs normal glass (difference is more noticeable in person):

BSD PDI1.jpg
BSD standard1.jpg

I've asked Roman about Safe Cracker size glass, its the same price as a standard sheet but he would need to order it with a 6 week lead time. All of the other glass is available to ship immediately. I'm not sure how others feel but I think 6 weeks is quite long time to wait for 1 sheet. I've asked whether it would be possible to ship a sheet of this on its own but suspect the answer will likely be no.

Funnily enough despite the joke from @kevlar earlier today, it turns out that Roman is actually working on glass for PB2K. Antireflective half at the bottom and a reflective half at the top with a foil!

Six week's is a long wait :( my safe cracker will be the odd one out :) thank you so much for trying, I'm happy with the 3 wide body and can I have 1 standard as well please.?

If you do require a deposit or full payment just let me know.

Tempted but not sure if I would see the benefit as the bloody cats track mud all over the glass on my machines:mad:

Also I seem to remember invisi-glass confuses the hell out of cats as they jump off the back box and misjudge the depth as they don't see the glass:clap:

Still tempted though. Is the deadline for orders this time next week?

Six week's is a long wait :( my safe cracker will be the odd one out :) thank you so much for trying, I'm happy with the 3 wide body and can I have 1 standard as well please.?

If you do require a deposit or full payment just let me know.

I haven't heard back from Roman on whether he would be happy to ship the Safe Cracker glass separately yet but will let you know when I do. I've added a standard on to your list. Is it for another machine or are you thinking of cutting it down to size? If you are then its probably not a good idea as its tempered and will just break if it isn't annealed first, then cut and retempered afterwards.

Thanks for offering to pay a deposit/in full now. I'm considering the deposit idea but leaning more towards posting just before placing the order with the quantities people have requested and asking for confirmation that this is correct.

Tempted but not sure if I would see the benefit as the bloody cats track mud all over the glass on my machines:mad:

Also I seem to remember invisi-glass confuses the hell out of cats as they jump off the back box and misjudge the depth as they don't see the glass:clap:

Still tempted though. Is the deadline for orders this time next week?

Playing pins with glass covered in mud must be pretty annoying as I find even a layer of dust pretty frustrating! Think I'd have to keep a bottle of glass cleaner and a cloth nearby for quick wipe over before playing.

I love animals but the cat misjudging depth thing does sound mildy amusing, it the same way a kid running into a glass door is! Do they not learn from their mistakes after a couple of times?

Yea deadline for orders will be around this time next week, I'll post beforehand with the quanties I have listed for people so there is time to make a decision and let me know then. :)

I already have 2 sheets that I bought from Nick and it makes all your others machines look terrible!! Thanks Nick :) ha ha

No I am not going to cut it down I just am going to keep it until I buy another standard size pinball.

Thanks again for adding me to the list :)

Sorry Kev:oops: Got two big fat bastard cats who are trying their best to look like Garfield. Little ****ers are shedding like mad at the moment so there is ginger hair all over the house.

I'd be interested in a single sheet of standard glass, but would need to pick it up at UKPP or NLP unless anyone from the NW is going to be in the London area for a pickup between now and then?

I'd be interested in a single sheet of standard glass, but would need to pick it up at UKPP or NLP unless anyone from the NW is going to be in the London area for a pickup between now and then?
I'll add another sheet to the tally. Still waiting to hear an announcement on the UKPP but if its on theres a very high chance I'll be there. :)

Back
Top Bottom