What's new

Predator pinball

Yeah, my fear is if we wanted to pull the plug we would hear Jack ****!

Glad I'm only 3k in, that's enough to loose though!

I have till dec 20th to claim all my money back through paypal. I hate paypal and their process so I'm hoping i don't have to.

Nice one Dave, I must admit I getting a little nervous, as Kevlar said the natives on Pinside are restless!

I have emailed Kevin twice now and got no reply, that was a month or so ago.

There's growing numbers of people worried about the whole thing. All due to Skit-B not answering any emails.

I have recently got a confirmation of my payment in full from them on the 24/10/14. It said this:

Russ,
On September 26, 2014, a confirmation was emailed to you stating that you are "PAID IN FULL". Due to the personal default setting of people's phones, laptops and alike, the emails were being sent to Spam and Junk folders. To update you on the status of the Predator, there are many Predators in various stages of production as we speak. Kevin declined all seminars, interviews and did not set up a booth at the Chicago Expo because he simply wanted to get back to the shop. He did take a Predator to the show and put it through the ultimate test with the best and most talented players in the world and Kevin said " it screamed like the beast" with rave reviews on both the play and the new plastics. The Predator is a private machine owned by private individuals and therefore, the Chicago show was the last time the Predator will ever be shown in public by Skit-B Pinball.
Thank you,
Skit-B Support
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

They did not send me any mail on the 26th and used the old 'must be in your spam folder' routine. Hmmmm.

They did not send me any mail on the 26th and used the old 'must be in your spam folder' routine. Hmmmm.

It has been known for email to take up to a year to arrive...! So it could still be bouncing around in cyberspace... :suspect:

I really hope this comes off for you guys, but the licensing bit concerns me.

All mentioned of Predator from the website etc reeks of a takedown request for ip infringement.

I know he's busy writing the code to incorporate the new lighting system. Still doesn't stop him taking five minutes to post one message on a forum for all to see.

It will all be fine :)
And if not it's a big chunk of cash back we all thought we had spent

I still have not heard anything from Kevin
I will ring him on my day off and speak with him directly to try and find out about the overseas builds and shipping.

Will let everyone know

Very good of you to do this Dave, I look forward to hearing what he says!

Just got a mail from Kevin and I assume every other buyer did too? It basically says calm down, Pred's are being built and that communication is going to be better.

I've never been worried. I'm from a rare breed where I still trust. Maybe that's why I'm number 9 on the build rota.

My word is worth more than anything else I can offer. And I'm proud of that. I like to think the same of others. I've been burned because of this believe before but I like to think it still exists in the majority.

Just got a mail from Kevin and I assume every other buyer did too? It basically says calm down, Pred's are being built and that communication is going to be better.

it wouldnt be pinside if it was not pointed out the email didnt specify 'Predator' at all ;)

something seems fishy, all they need to do is post a pic of 10 cabs being made or something and everyone would be 'aah ok, no probs', the whole lack of mention on website, no youtube vids of theirs anymore etc.

something happened. or ntohing happened.

I think Wayne and the legacy of the MM remake (or not) has left its scars on any pre-order from a non established manufacturer.

There is talk of Skit-B having license restrictions relating to the promotion of the machine. Of course this is all speculation as nothing has been said about it from Skit-B themselves.

I'd like to be the trusting type, but I'm just not. I will be asking for proof (pictures) that machines are being made at the very least. There is huge potential now for lolly gagging and excuses which is basically a stalling tactic and I for one wont have it if that scenario transpires. That said, all could go extremely smooth and we all get our machines as planned.

The point I'm I'm trying to make is stay on your guard fellow Pred buyers. Talk is cheap, physically playable pinball machines are not.

Back
Top Bottom